mp player data lost? *no client logs*

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
jmyeom
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

mp player data lost? *no client logs*

Post by jmyeom »

me + a friend have been playing on a server i set up on a vps,
we not played it for a few days, went to boot up factorio, and when i clicked on multiplayer, it asked me to reset my multiplayer username, i did, reconnected to server, and my player data is gone.

i do not have client logs, although i may have server logs.

any way to get this data back? im sure i have set the new name the same as the old one, although im not 100% sure

client on windows 10 via steam, server on centos 6 (or maybe 7, cant remember)

Thanks in advance!

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: mp player data lost? *no client logs*

Post by prg »

Run

Code: Select all

/c for k,v in pairs(game.players) do game.local_player.print(k..") "..v.name) end
to get a list of players that have been connected to the game.
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

jmyeom
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jmyeom »

read your message,
open putty window
pasted command
*-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('"
half way though replying "command did not work"
notice how stupid i am
cry a little
boot up factorio, paste command
*see screenshot*
cry some more

Thanks, Im stupid.
on a side note, why did my MP name go away? any ideas, i use steam sync, maybe it desynced and replaced files?
Attachments
I am stupid
I am stupid
Untitled.png (560.82 KiB) Viewed 3556 times

prg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by prg »

No idea if Steam sync loses files, I'm not using it. But could be possible I guess.
Automatic Belt (and pipe) Planner—Automate yet another aspect of constructing your factory!

jmyeom
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jmyeom »

TBH never noticed it messing up files, i know that if there is a conflict, it warns you, but i got no warning,
Also, incase a dev notices and wants to look into it, i only seem to have lost my MP name, my local saves are intact and up to date....

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

jmyeom wrote:TBH never noticed it messing up files, i know that if there is a conflict, it warns you, but i got no warning,
Also, incase a dev notices and wants to look into it, i only seem to have lost my MP name, my local saves are intact and up to date....
Steam Cloud only uses/changes the save game (in Factorio\saves) data, not the multiplayer data.

I think this is similar to [0.12.27] [Steam] [HanziQ] Multiplayer username reset after updates
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

jmyeom
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jmyeom »

daniel34 wrote:
jmyeom wrote:TBH never noticed it messing up files, i know that if there is a conflict, it warns you, but i got no warning,
Steam Cloud only uses/changes the save game (in Factorio\saves) data, not the multiplayer data.

I think this is similar to [0.12.27] [Steam] [HanziQ] Multiplayer username reset after updates
they mentioned an update, i did not get any updates? :S

anyway, not a major issue, i saved the command for later us if needed, and it seems it has been reported to the dev's, thank you very much for your time

HanziQ
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by HanziQ »

Multiplayer username is saved in player-data.json which is also synchronised using Steam Cloud, but when loading, it uses the version which was last modified (local file versus Steam Cloud file). I am considering changing this to just use the Steam Cloud version in the Steam version, but I'm not sure.

Also in 0.13, username will not be stored in this way and will be tied to your account, so this will only concern things like settings, unlocked campaigns.

Return to “Technical Help”