[kovarex] [1.1.1] Status icon of engine unclear

Things that has been reported already before.
arl85
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[kovarex] [1.1.1] Status icon of engine unclear

Post by arl85 »

Perhaps not a bug but an improvement possibility

Status color of engine/turbines are "strange":
I tested with an engine: if it is generating more than around 10% of maximum power generation (> 81.9KW) the status is "low power" (yellow light)
warning.jpg
warning.jpg (22.55 KiB) Viewed 757 times
and it remains that way up to 100% power usage, when it switches to "no power" (red light)
problem.jpg
problem.jpg (21.29 KiB) Viewed 757 times
Threshold of ~10% seems a bit low to trigger a yellow status, and "no power" message seems misleading: it suggest that no power is being generated while it's not true at all
Maybe a different threshold or a different message would make it clearer, something like "maximum power generated" for "red status".

edit: I just realized that maybe the threshold is simply reversed: it should show a yellow status if less than 10% of power is available, not used as it is now.
in that case it would make sense; even better if after "power" you insert "available" (low power available, no power available)

Also, there's no "green status" (working)
ok.jpg
ok.jpg (20.8 KiB) Viewed 757 times
Do you need help taking screenshots in-game? have a look to my guide to calculate screenshot dimensions

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.1] Status icon of engine unclear

Post by kovarex »

Hello, thanks for the report, this is duplicate (subset) of 91889 and fixed for the next release.

Return to “Duplicates”