[kovarex] [1.1.1] Multiple entity status issues

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[kovarex] [1.1.1] Multiple entity status issues

Post by ickputzdirwech »

I am sorry for the following mess and I will split it up in multiple reports if requested. To my defense the following statement from kovarex:
Friday Facts #363 wrote:The entity was already showing its status in the tooltip, but it went basically unnoticed by everyone, and the proof is, that there were many different bugs related to the status that no one ever reported. We believe, that the status should help to understand what is going on, mainly, why the entity is stopped at the moment.
So here a list of status issues I found so far:
  • Constant combinators with output setting "off" still have status "Working" instead of "Disabled by control behaviour"
  • Lamp has status "Working" even when off during the day
  • Logistic chests outside a logistic network have status "Normal" instead of eg "Missing Roboport"
  • Rail and chain signals not placed next to a rail or where both connected rail blocks are the same have status "Working" instead of eg "Invalid placement"
  • Burner inserters without fuel have status "Waiting for source items" instead of "No fuel"
  • A inserter that outputs on the ground always has status "Working" instead of "Waiting for space in destination"
  • Inserters (targeting chests, rails or rolling stock) with no items in hand and items in source chest but no space in destination chest have status "Waiting for source items" instead of "Waiting for space in destination"
  • Locomotives only status is "No fuel". It is missing "Working" or better "Automatic" and "Manual"
  • The following entities have no "Working" status: fluid wagons (cargo wagons have status "Working"), underground belts (splitters have status "Working"), pipe to ground (pipes have status "Working", train stop (has status "Disabled by control behaviour"), radar (has status "No power"), gate (walls have status "Working"), laser turret (has status "No power"),
  • Flamethrower turrets have no status whatsoever. They should have the statuses "No input fluid" and "Working"
  • Nuclear reactor with a stack of used-up uranium fuel cells inside has status "Working" instead of "Full output"
  • Boiler and heat exchanger have no status "Full output"
  • Steam engines and turbines without steam have status "No power" instead of "No input fluid" (like boilers)
  • There is no status for "Marked for upgrade" (more of a feature request)
  • There is no status for beacons "No affected entities" (more of a feature request)
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.1] Multiple entity status issues

Post by kovarex »

Thx for the list, I agree with most of the points and I will take a look at it.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [kovarex] [1.1.1] Multiple entity status issues

Post by valneq »

when you take a look at this, please also consider this
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=91895

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

Nice! Also pls consider my last post from this not-a-bug bug report91867
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.

atomizer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by atomizer »

None of the bots ever have any status.

Blacky007
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blacky007 »

best is if the Devs edit start Topic and add [DEV]fixed [/DEV] ;)
My color birthday was May 2nd 2020 - Thank you Enchroma

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

I am a bit surprised that this was moved to resolved problems and bugs without further notice except in the changelog. A lot of the mentioned issues are indeed fixed (thanks a lot!), but not all. I just wanted to be sure that this isn't forgotten or that what remains is intentional. Here the list of all the issues raised in this thread. I have striken out everything that was fixed and underlined everything that wasn't in the original post.
ickputzdirwech wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:29 pm
  • Constant combinators with output setting "off" still have status "Working" instead of "Disabled by control behaviour"
  • Lamp has status "Working" even when off during the day
  • Logistic chests outside a logistic network have status "Normal" instead of eg "Missing Roboport"
  • Rail and chain signals not placed next to a rail or where both connected rail blocks are the same have status "Working" instead of eg "Invalid placement"
  • Burner inserters without fuel have status "Waiting for source items" instead of "No fuel"
  • A inserter that outputs on the ground always has status "Working" instead of "Waiting for space in destination" 94079
  • Inserters targeting chests, rails or rolling stock with no items in hand and items in source chest but no space in destination have status "Waiting for source items" instead of "Waiting for space in destination" For chests: 93188 For rails and rolling stock: 94076
  • Inserters targeting ghosts with no items in hand, items in source chest but no space in destination have status "Waiting for source items" instead of "Waiting for space in destination". 94078
  • Locomotives only status is "No fuel". It is missing "Working" or better "Automatic" and "Manual"
  • The following entities have no "Working" status: fluid wagons (cargo wagons have status "Working"), underground belts (splitters have status "Working"), pipe to ground (pipes have status "Working", train stop (has status "Disabled by control behaviour"), radar (has status "No power"), gate (walls have status "Working"), laser turret (has status "No power"),
  • Flamethrower turrets have no status whatsoever. They should have the statuses "No input fluid" and "Working"
  • Nuclear reactor with a stack of used-up uranium fuel cells inside has status "Working" instead of "Full output"
  • Boiler and heat exchanger have no status "Full output"
  • Steam engines and turbines without steam have status "No power" instead of "No input fluid" (like boilers) Now steam engines and turbines with steam but no power connection show "Working" instead of eg. "No power connection". Same goes for solar panels. 94081
  • There is no status for "Marked for upgrade" (more of a feature request)
  • There is no status for beacons "No affected entities" (more of a feature request)
  • Robots have no status. viewtopic.php?p=522991#p522991
  • Furnaces with insufficient, but more than zero ingredients have status "No ingredients" instead of "Item ingredient shortage" 91867
  • Electric mining drill lamps and status colors don't match. 91895
  • Mining drill always shown as "Working" when pointing at a burner inserter. 93859
  • Pumpjacks, pumps and offshore pumps have status "Working" even when output is full. 69086
  • Inserter targeting a burner mining drill has status "Item ingredient shortage" instead of "Waiting fo space in destination". 65351

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”