[0.17.52] Sideloading failure, video attached

Things that has been reported already before.
nailfoot
Inserter
Inserter

[0.17.52] Sideloading failure, video attached

Post by nailfoot »

See the attached video, I can't really explain this with words only!

Apparently, sideloading is not prioritizing the correct belt. This has not been a problem in the past, and I haven't seen this bug reported elsewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqt4kdz ... e=youtu.be

tehfreek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.52] Sideloading failure, video attached

Post by tehfreek »

I was completely unable to replicate your results using Creative Mode. I suspect something in-memory got flipped somehow and it's unique to this map.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

Duplicate 62553

nailfoot
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nailfoot »

Thanks for that link to the duplicate. That's pretty old, and I don't recall ever seeing this in any of my games over 2000 hours.

In the thread you posted, he was feeding into a faster belt which makes this a different thing though, in my opinion.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

Belts are using "transport lines" internally (efficiency reasons). They span multiple belt segments of same speed but sometimes they do not merge. Near this connection point there may be issues with sideloading. To see where they are, use debug option "show-transport-lines", there are arrows where transport line ends.

Example save with replay where i managed to force sideloading on full yellow belt. Different belt speed forces transport lines to split, but they can also be split just because of circular belt or because of belt length.
sideloading-failing-on-yellow-only.zip
(190.22 KiB) Downloaded 71 times

Special save with replay for you: transport line split because of belt length (transport line is about 200 tiles long giving you about 0.5% chance to hit this point by coincidence and there is this side-loading happening)
sideloading-belt-when-split-on-length.zip
(440.46 KiB) Downloaded 64 times

Return to “Duplicates”