[0.16.51] Train loses speed upon burning next unit of same fuel type

Things that has been reported already before.
Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.16.51] Train loses speed upon burning next unit of same fuel type

Post by Frightning »

I know this report isn't for the latest experimental release but I am almost sure the problem still exists in the current experimental release (it's easy to test too). The problem is that trains lose speed when they finish burning a given unit of fuel and start on the next one, even though that next one is of the same type (or better? untested as of yet). I am 99% sure the reason is that for one tick, the modifiers are missing and so the default speed limit and acceleration values are used for that tick instead of the modified ones for the given fuel type.

Steps to reproduce:
-Create a rail loop
-Put train and enough wagons down (with Solid Fuel, I found that 1-4-0 and 1-5-0 were useful examples; latter has top speed<259.1 km/h iirc, both are slow to reach their max speed)
-Fuel train with fuel with bonuses (easiest to see issue is with Solid Fuel, but I confirmed that it also exists for Rocket Fuel in 0.16.51)
-Drive train around loop (I did it manually with W key held down continuously; unknown if issue exists with automatic trains)
-Wait for current unit of fuel to be consumed and watch speed closely. If it is above 259.1 km/h when this occurs speed immediately becomes 259.1 km/h (cap of 1.2 tiles/sec). Otherwise, you may notice, even at lower speeds a temporary and instant drop in speed. In both cases, the train then immediately begins to accelerate from the new speed.

The last part shows that it's not just top speed, but acceleration which has the issue, as you can lose speed while below the default top speed due to losing the free extra power from the acceleration modifier.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.51] Train loses speed upon burning next unit of same fuel type

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however actually I believe this is already fixed in 0.17: 61174
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.16.51] Train loses speed upon burning next unit of same fuel type

Post by Frightning »

Ok, maybe it has been fixed (simple enough to test in experimental, though I'm not set up atm to do so and am lazy...)

Return to “Duplicates”