[0.16.9] Crash on changing requested item in requester chest

Things that has been reported already before.
JustSomeChemist
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.16.9] Crash on changing requested item in requester chest

Post by JustSomeChemist »

I took a blueprint from something I built back in 0.15.x and posted it to a new place. On trying to change the requested item in the requester chests (from iron ore to copper ore), the game crashes reproducibly.

In the savegame, it's the requester chests left of the character.

Edit: Just found some more broken stuff.

It seems to be related to the "requester chests not requesting anything" problem that was already reported. It seems to only crash on those chests, which do not get requested items. I have a few of them scattered around in my factory. (Note: All of them were built before the update)

In the save just to the south there is a resupplying patch with chests for green and red circuits staying empty although thousands of items are available. When I change the requested item, the game crashes. The other chests work fine.
Attachments
Its a rail world.zip
(12.07 MiB) Downloaded 49 times
factorio-current.log
(7.54 KiB) Downloaded 50 times

scytherswings
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.16.9] Crash on changing requested item in requester chest

Post by scytherswings »

I too have experienced this crash in several different ways. Here was my first experience:

Version 16.9, also ocurrs in 16.8 using bob's mods (factorio appdata folder supplied with save in link here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=12k-1c ... rGYNd6PvOK)

I had a requester chest mk2 with the required ingredients already in the request slots from earlier in the game (.15.40) but it appeared to not be getting filled with polished diamonds after they were made available.
See screenshot of requestor chest mk2 not attempting to request Polished Diamond. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1249364891

The most recent experience I had with this crash was when I found a requester chest trying to request gun turrets to make military science packs but it wasn't being filled. After opening the requester chest, I right-clicked the slot that the gun turrets are set in the requester chest to clear it and I experienced this crash: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nERtQ ... UxGWNqN34I

I do believe this is related to the already reported "requester chests not requesting anything" bug but since I've seen it a few times tonight I felt it could be helpful to supply additional data as it seems to affect modded games as well as vanilla games.

Thanks for all your hard work, you guys rock.

RoamingGnome451
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by RoamingGnome451 »

Hey there,
Just wanted to report that I'm having the same issue. Also only on a chest where the logistics bots are not delivering the requested items.
Other chests seem to be working fine.
My game version is 16.9
The crash is completely repeatable. Every time I try to change the item the chest is requesting the game will crash.
I am running vanilla Factorio with no mods.

Thanks for everything!

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Can you update to 0.16.10 and tell us if the issue persists ?
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

JustSomeChemist
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by JustSomeChemist »

[0.16.10] The game does not crash anymore, but corrupted chests have to be manually reset in order to work properly again.

Return to “Duplicates”