Bug Reports

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
Albin00
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Bug Reports

Post by Albin00 »

everytime i try to put a germling into the field this message shows up
Error while running the event handler: __Treefarm-Lite__/control.lua:383: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
I can still be in the same world but i can't use the mod. This is very saddening because of the tree producing, myself hate too break down all the trees and then find new ones.

I hoped you fix it :D :) :mrgreen: :(

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blu3wolf »

Which version of Treefarm, which version of Factorio?

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blu3wolf »

PiggyWhiskey wrote:
bobingabout wrote:I fixed it myself if anyone is interested.
sinp
ooh thanks bob.

Another Bug Report.
When robots place a Tree Farm Mk2 it causes a crash to desktop referencing Attempting to index nil.
I think it was code to account for multiplayer (control.lua:196 - local player = game.players[event.player_index])
In single player it doesn't allow indexed players that I could tell.

This mod seems to be dead. Owner hasn't posted since July 29th.

Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: Also happens when bots attempt to fill a MK2 field.
control.lua:383 attempt to index field '?' (a nil value) "if global.tf.seedPrototypes[seedType].efficiency[currentTilename] == nil then"

This stuff is getting well beyond me. I'm hopeless coding unless I can step through it.

Looks like I need to get rid of TreeFarm or stick to MK1's perhaps.
Fixed the first one. I think I might have fixed the second one? I did a fix, but havent tested it properly as yet. Can find it here: https://github.com/Blu3wolf/Treefarm-Lite/releases

Hope that helps!

Unrated
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Unrated »

Treefarm-Lite__/control.lua:573: LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.

CTD

Three farms producing with germlings. It looks like possibly that it is happening when trees are going from medium to large.

Treefarm Lite Version 0.3.4

Factorio version 0.12.29

Mods:
Advanced Logistics
Autofill
Bob's Mods Suite
EvoGUI
FARL
Fluid Barrel
Initial Scan
Larger Inventory
Rail Tanker
RSO
Smart Trains
TheFatController
Tree Collision
YARM
Last edited by Unrated on Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MiniMe943
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MiniMe943 »

treefarm_error.png
treefarm_error.png (182.27 KiB) Viewed 7650 times
Getting this error on 12.29 whenever a mature alien tree is automatically selected for deconstruction.

EDIT: Using Treefarm-AC_0.2.3, AlienPlant_0.2.0, and Lite_0.3.1

EDIT, EDIT: Realized I'm using a horribly out of date version of Treefarm, will wait for 0.3.5. :lol:
Last edited by MiniMe943 on Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blu3wolf »

Thanks for the reports guys, I really appreciate them!

Can I get folks to include the version number they were using, of both factorio and the Treefarm mods as well, when you post? Thanks!

Also please note that 0.3.4 is best not used at all right now, it would be better to wait for 0.3.5 due to some awkward bugs.

Unrated
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Unrated »

Edited my comment with the version number.

Factorio version 0.12.29

Also, put the report on GitHub.

I noticed that the version was pre-released. Reverted back to the previous release, and don't have issues now.

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blu3wolf »

Unrated wrote:Edited my comment with the version number.

Factorio version 0.12.29

Also, put the report on GitHub.

I noticed that the version was pre-released. Reverted back to the previous release, and don't have issues now.
Ive gone a step further, and removed the release entirely, due to the game breaking bugs in it. Thanks for putting the report on Github!

0.3.5 is now up, and does not have this game breaking bug any more. As usual, you can download it from the Releases page on Github: https://github.com/Blu3wolf/Treefarm-Lite/releases

Cheers for waiting!

MiniMe943
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MiniMe943 »

Blu3wolf wrote: 0.3.5 is now up, and does not have this game breaking bug any more. As usual, you can download it from the Releases page on Github: https://github.com/Blu3wolf/Treefarm-Lite/releases

Cheers for waiting!
Fantastisch, keep up the great work. This is one of the first mods I ever downloaded for Factorio way back in the day and I'm glad that someone's keeping it alive. :D

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

I can't uninstall this mod. If I try to disable or remove lite and AC or just AC I get an error message preventing me from loading my save file. The performance problems forced be to remove all treefarm items and without them I would like to remove the mod from my savefile. Error mesage attached.
Attachments
ousu(160413-185628-14) - treefarm-error.jpg
ousu(160413-185628-14) - treefarm-error.jpg (29.68 KiB) Viewed 7559 times

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blu3wolf »

Id suggest showing that error message to the developer for the autofill mod, to see if they can identify the error.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Oh you are right, that is an autofill error message. I thought it was weird that treefarm wasn't even mentioned if it had problems migrating treefarm items. Forgot that autofill is the name of a mod I have installed. Thanks q:

Redstylt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Redstylt »

This error :
bugcaffeine.PNG
bugcaffeine.PNG (1.14 MiB) Viewed 7889 times
With this mod list :
modlist2.PNG
modlist2.PNG (51.25 KiB) Viewed 7889 times
Just a big fan of Factorio and all its mods

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blu3wolf »

Update to 0.5.0 and let me know if that fixes it.

https://github.com/Blu3wolf/Treefarm-Caffeine/releases

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

New bug report: In Treefarm-Lite version 0.4.0, when you place a tree farm (MK1) in an invalid location, you no longer get the error message, instead it just disappears and is lost.
My RSO+Bob's+Angel's modpack: Farlands (outdated)
Mods (current): Resource Labels
Mods (old): Biter Spires

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blu3wolf »

It should just be dropped on the ground rather than lost. Will see about adding the error message back.

michael-68438
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by michael-68438 »

Wow, I was so excited to see the rewrite in 0.4.0! "Tested with 2500 farms" - finally. Many thanks for working on this!

Sadly, my ability to stumble into mod bugs continues. I updated from 0.3.7 to 0.4.0 and my average fps/ups dropped from 37 to 8. The game is a slideshow now. When I hit the F5 button, it seems the tree farm lite script is taking between 80 to 110 ms per frame...? Oddly, lua garbage collection repeatedly fluctuates from 2.9 ms to 4.2 ms. It's as if the tree farm script is stuck repeatedly doing some expensive operations, like allocating and deallocating game objects and/or containers.

I found that one of my tree farm outposts was backed up; all the farms (mk1's) in this outpost were stuck with 49 pieces of wood in their inventory and nowhere to go with it. (I expected the script for that farm would just "go to sleep" for a short time when it's full of wood...) Plopping a bunch of chests and inserters to drain all the wood from the system seems to be improving things. After a few minutes max fps/ups has increased from 9 to 11 and the script update time has dropped from 80-110 to 69-102 ms.

Have you tested the mod with the farms backed up with wood? Seems like that could easily happen if a player gets stuck working on other things for a while.

EDIT: After I drained all the farm mk1's of wood, performance eventually stabilized. Average fps/ups is around 45 (in 0.4.0) now, up from 37 (in 0.3.7).
Last edited by michael-68438 on Wed May 18, 2016 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

michael-68438 wrote:Wow, I was so excited to see the rewrite in 0.4.0! "Tested with 2500 farms" - finally. Many thanks for working on this!
Tested with the robot tree farms not the other garbage ones :P I told him to just delete the other ones but I guess that didn't happen.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Kami
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kami »

Soon as a Treefarm grows to max and chest is full, FPS dies. SS attached.
https://gyazo.com/89a07fb8a7d3ed3ee7fbc10bf118adc6
https://gyazo.com/f452be2dabdb85bed4bdbb3ed6e65189
https://gyazo.com/6e18b2678a6fd24b709e4f67b8017540

Confirming what @michael-68438 said.

Solved by adding a smart network to only allow the farms to grow when less then 5000 wood exists in the chest above.
https://gyazo.com/817461d86e30c59df00198a08936b655

Blu3wolf
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blu3wolf »

Rseding91 wrote:
michael-68438 wrote:Wow, I was so excited to see the rewrite in 0.4.0! "Tested with 2500 farms" - finally. Many thanks for working on this!
Tested with the robot tree farms not the other garbage ones :P I told him to just delete the other ones but I guess that didn't happen.
This is an interesting thing really. The robot treefarms make more sense in terms of Factorio. The basic fields are relatively easy to make and too simple to operate, with the mk2 version having the limitation of needing drones to work.

I am thinking that for my own personal game, the basic fields perhaps do not have a place in the future.

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”