Friday Facts #93 - Furious Finish

Regular reports on Factorio development.
oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Friday Facts #93 - Furious Finish

Post by oLaudix »

McGuten wrote:Only can be used in quickbars? or in chest found too?
Toolbar and cargo wagons.

pawel.dawidowski
Inserter
Inserter

Post by pawel.dawidowski »

Is there any chance to release 0.12 before friday?

Sander Buruma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sander Buruma »

pawel.dawidowski wrote:Is there any chance to release 0.12 before friday?
I sure hope so

kiba
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kiba »

Sander Buruma wrote:
pawel.dawidowski wrote:Is there any chance to release 0.12 before friday?
I sure hope so
When in doubt,it's later, not earlier.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

We will just continue playtasting on monday, and it mainly depends how well it goes.

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

kovarex wrote:We will just continue playtasting on monday, and it mainly depends how well it goes.
Goooooood!!!! luck on positive testing on monday :D.

But if I think correctly, take your time. I have to work the week :)

Jonathan88
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jonathan88 »

kovarex wrote:We will just continue playtasting on monday, and it mainly depends how well it goes.
Play testing! That sounds like my kind of job! Do you just play normally until you find a bug or do you have to do just keep reloading multiplayer games (etc.) to see if it breaks?
FactoriOh No: when it's accidentally 2am, again

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

I came here to kick alien ass and build space factories and i'm all out of iron.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Jonathan88 wrote:
Play testing! That sounds like my kind of job! Do you just play normally until you find a bug or do you have to do just keep reloading multiplayer games (etc.) to see if it breaks?
Real playtesting-bughunting is actually rather tedious and hard work. You aren't playing the game, you are actively trying to break it by testing through carious corner cases that could potentially break things. Vast majority of testing anything but normal gameplay.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/03/29/ ... mes-tester

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

BFU is best game tester and we have plenty of them here. Well BFU provide almost no valuable feedback but we beat any algorithm in breaking stuff in factorio. I just hope for new diablo patch because i can't play factorio, 7 days 2D, and diablo at the same time, i just can't. So many games got so many new patches, i'm losing it.

nobodx
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by nobodx »

Gandalf wrote:As long as you guys don't get attacked by biters and spitters…
I'm waiting for a picture from their office with a (giant?) plush biter

Gandalf
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gandalf »

That would be some awesome merch!
They always remind me of M.C.Escher's House of Stairs. Would be awesome if they could curl up and roll around. :D
OS: Linux Mint 19 x64 | desktop: Awesome 4.2  |  Intel Core i5 8600k  |  16GB DDR4  |  NVidia GTX 1050 Ti (driver version: 410.104)    (2019-03)

kiba
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kiba »

Gandalf wrote:That would be some awesome merch!
They always remind me of M.C.Escher's House of Stairs. Would be awesome if they could curl up and roll around. :D
Led me to thinking about Factorio t-shirts and other stuff. I heard of companies that manage t-shirt logistics, production, and sale for you, but I don't know any companies that manages selling and design of plushies.

nobodx
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by nobodx »

I thought of something like this as a plush
http://www.deviantart.com/art/SW-066-Bi ... -499273497
or

(No, it's not from me)

illyst
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by illyst »

Hey guys,
what would be happen with the old turrets when the patch comes? Are they broken, still working, or are the savegames not be able to load?

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

Old saves will load just fine, the turrets will work as well. They'll simply overlap in a slightly ugly manner, but they'll work.

However, new laser turrets have four times the power draw of old laser turrets. This means that your defences will suddenly draw four times more power from your factory. Your power grid may have some issues with that. :)

illyst
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by illyst »

Thanks for the answer.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

Oxyd wrote:Old saves will load just fine, the turrets will work as well. They'll simply overlap in a slightly ugly manner, but they'll work.

However, new laser turrets have four times the power draw of old laser turrets. This means that your defences will suddenly draw four times more power from your factory. Your power grid may have some issues with that. :)
That's a bad implementation.

It'd have been much better to keep the old Turret types, both Gun Turrets and Laser Turrets, keep the existing ones around, both in storage and plonked down on the ground, and with the same 2x1 and 1x1 foot print as always, but with the player unable to create any more. Then the player can gradually replace the old Turrets with new ones, either as he wants to, or else as circumstances force him to as the aliens destroy the old Turrets and the replacement stock runs dry.

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

Peter34 wrote:
Oxyd wrote:Old saves will load just fine, the turrets will work as well. They'll simply overlap in a slightly ugly manner, but they'll work.

That's a bad implementation.

It'd have been much better to keep the old Turret types, both Gun Turrets and Laser Turrets, keep the existing ones around, both in storage and plonked down on the ground, and with the same 2x1 and 1x1 foot print as always, but with the player unable to create any more. Then the player can gradually replace the old Turrets with new ones, either as he wants to, or else as circumstances force him to as the aliens destroy the old Turrets and the replacement stock runs dry.
That would require keeping the old turrets in the code just about indefinitely (or until they make a save game breaking change)

like the april fools chest in minecraft

Return to “News”