[Idea] Train stop with integrated decider combinators

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Gloynus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Idea] Train stop with integrated decider combinators

Post by Gloynus »

I realize the idea is not new and in one form or another it has already been solved by different mods. But it is the approach to building a railroad network based on static roles of trains and dynamic roles of train stops that interests me.
For the most part, this approach is realized through this simple mod: Train stations with multiple providers.
It adds a combinator to the game that knows how to change the name of a train stop based on logic network signals.
But why not build this system into the train stop itself? Let there be an additional research study, dependent on the Automated rail transportation and Circuit network studies, that unlocks a new train stop with an additional function. The additional function will be that if a logic network wire is connected to this stop, then in addition to the existing checkboxes, there will be another one available, including a panel where you can set conditions for the dependence of the name of this station on incoming signals. And let it be possible to make many such conditions in a dynamic list.

For example, it could look like this:
The screen I put together by hand.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Idea] Train stop with integrated decider combinators

Post by mmmPI »

I realize you may already know the mod https://mods.factorio.com/mod/multiple-stop-names

But in case i thought it was achieving a result close to what you describe, since you have multiple stop name on a single one, you also have multiple condition for being on/off, and can somewhat replicate the "only turn on when signal is received" behavior.

The GUI you propose seem interesting for such functionnality.

Gloynus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [Idea] Train stop with integrated decider combinators

Post by Gloynus »

I've been looking at a lot of different mods but, for some reason, this particular one got overlooked. Thanks for the tip. This mod is really very close to what I need. Even if it is not as conveniently implemented as I would like it to be.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”