Version 0.7.5

Information about releases and roadmap.
kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.7.5

Post by kovarex »

Hello, the fifth candidate for the stable version is now ready.
We didn't expect so many bugs to appear after the stable candidate 0.7.4 was released, but let's hope this is the last one for 0.7
  • Bugfixes:
    • Fixed that the train didn't stop in front of red signal in special circumstances.
    • Fixed the resistance->damage calculation for damage amount near the resistance.
    • Fixed bug causing crash with one specific rail setup.
    • Fix of loading save with non empty modular armor in secondary quickbar.
    • Fixed loading game with the armor gui opened.
    • Fixed that logistic robots brought wrong item to requester chest occasionally.
    • Fixed bug when enemies would attack neutral objects after distraction (rails, poles, buildings, etc.)
    • Enemies will now attack neutral objects only after pollution attack or close to their spawner.
    • Resources no longer disappear when enemy bases are built on top of them.
    • Fixed rail collision boxes, tight double rail turns don't act as single block.
    • Fixed some missing prerequisites in the technology tree.
    • Fixed crash when setting recipe of assembling machine in map editor.
    • Fixed too high select item list in game with lot of items (added by mods).
    • Added Inserters/Assembling machines/Furnaces to player placeable in map editor. When placed as neutral, upgrades/technologies of player will not affect these machines when placed as neutral.
  • Graphics:
    • Removed reference dots in rail pictures.
  • Balancing:
    • Slightly larger resource deposits.
    • Halved the price of rails (Rails are crafted in pairs now).
    • Increased stack sizes of walls (32->64) and logistic robots (16->32).
    • Increased character inventory size (56->60).
    • Moved big electric pole from electric energy distribution 2->1 (no blue science packs needed).
    • Removed the iron working research
    • Decreased the unit count for automation research (15->10).
  • Scripting:
    • Deactivated beacon will stop giving bonuses.
    • Fixed crash in train destructor when there is an syntactic error in the lua script.
    • Fixed crash when reading held stack of inserter with an empty hand.
    • Fixed error when parsing the compound command for unit / group.
Downloadable at https://www.factorio.com/download/experimental as usual, or by automatic updater as long as you have checked to download experimental releases.

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.7.5

Post by Nova »

I just wanted to start a new free play (have finished my first in 22 hours ^^)
Perfect timing, kovarex! :D
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

Dysoch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dysoch »

Great bugfixing list and new changes.
Creator of:
- DyTech
- DyWorld
- DyWorld-Dynamics
- DyWorld-Dynamics 2
Active since Factorio 0.6

Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dakkanor »

okay so i use the 64 bit windows version and since the updater came out i would find that the update process crashes at the point where i would assume it should restart the newly updated game. usually it come up with an error about a temp file not being empty, trying a second time had no issue tho. it hasn't bothered me since its like 5 min including the installation and download time, and it only happens when i update the game.

but this time it crashed in the process with no error message i just got that standard window message of wait/close/ignore and then after closing it and trying to open my factorio my computer told me that it no longer existed. one quick check later and i see that the Factorio.exe was gone. which is a tad annoying, i redownloaded the game and did an uninstall/reinstall deems to be working now.

im not anything more than mildly annoyed but i thought you guys would like to know seeing as this would probably not be standard behaviour

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Dakkanor wrote:... usually it come up with an error about a temp file not being empty...
I know I've had this before and think it was because I had the factorio folder open when updating (though I'm not sure, it's been awhile). for me Factorio usually crashes on restart during an update, but that's because of my AV (comodo) blocking it so I haven't mentioned anything before
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

APXEOLOG
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by APXEOLOG »

I was about to complete the game (few alien researchs left) when i realised that i placed on the island and there no more enemy bases left :o
New game now >_>

Btw can you limit gun turrets inserter loading like it is done with furnaces. When i tried to auto-fill my gun turret defence from transport belt, it fills 100 magazines to each, and this is pain. I also tried smart inserters but they don't work with turrets as with 'chest'. 5 magazines will be pretty enough for auto-fill.

Dysoch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dysoch »

At this point, no.

But you can work around, add a normal inserter to the turret, add a smart chest to that, hook it up to network (green or red) and add a smart inserter after that connected to the chest (also wired). Then add a option only work if less then 5 or whatever you want. That. Way you wont have to much bullets, but its resources expensive.
Creator of:
- DyTech
- DyWorld
- DyWorld-Dynamics
- DyWorld-Dynamics 2

rk84
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by rk84 »

Dysoch wrote:At this point, no.

But you can work around, add a normal inserter to the turret, add a smart chest to that, hook it up to network (green or red) and add a smart inserter after that connected to the chest (also wired). Then add a option only work if less then 5 or whatever you want. That. Way you wont have to much bullets, but its resources expensive.
Does not make sense to me. Normal inserter still picks as much as it can fit in turrer and smart inserter will keep it busy?

How about synchronized insertion to all turrets at same time. :)
Setup for single turret.
container/belt -> smart inserter(input) -> smart chest -> smart inserter(output) -> turret
Red networks: connect to chest and input inserter.
Green network: connect to all chests and all output inserters.
Input inserter: make it work if less then 2
output inserter: make it work if more then (count of chests - 1)
Test mode
Searching Flashlight
[WIP]Fluid handling expansion
[WIP]PvP gamescript
[WIP]Rocket Express
Autofill: The torch has been pass to Nexela

Dysoch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dysoch »

rk84 wrote:
Dysoch wrote:At this point, no.

Does not make sense to me. Normal inserter still picks as much as it can fit in turrer and smart inserter will keep it busy?

How about synchronized insertion to all turrets at same time. :)
Setup for single turret.
container/belt -> smart inserter(input) -> smart chest -> smart inserter(output) -> turret
Red networks: connect to chest and input inserter.
Green network: connect to all chests and all output inserters.
Input inserter: make it work if less then 2
output inserter: make it work if more then (count of chests - 1)
Oops see where i went wrong, my way is still the same, will fill chest with 5, but the insterter immediatly picks up and the circle continous.
Creator of:
- DyTech
- DyWorld
- DyWorld-Dynamics
- DyWorld-Dynamics 2

generalmek
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by generalmek »

you again not make button - make 50 or 100 items if you hold shift. for what need button make 1 or 5? if need ~300 items(my tipical order 100-500 items then you fighting or drinking tea:)

generalmek
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by generalmek »

news?

wrtlprnft
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wrtlprnft »

Return to “Releases”