[0.15.5]Multiplayer UPS causing issues

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
JohnyDL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.15.5]Multiplayer UPS causing issues

Post by JohnyDL »

Cause UPS <60
Symptoms: Game Unplayable - first stutters when buffer <10 then lock in place, changing held items, placing or removing entities, accessing menus, placing blueprints and looking at inventories are all impossible after buffer > 10 yet scrolling round the map remains fine. interacting with it does not.

What I did, nothing specific, general upsurge in entities caused by base activation and probable distance to server causing latency (though it claims 24ms)

What happened: Precisely nothing

What did I expect to happen: my character follow any keyboard commands

Save file not got a copy at the moment, pending
Concise log file containing an example of the problem and little else pending
Desync Not applicable
Screenshots likely Unhelpful
Moderation note
old
Last edited by JohnyDL on Tue May 02, 2017 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.15.5]Multiplayer UPS causing issues

Post by Loewchen »

Read the How to report a bug topic and change your post accordingly.

JohnyDL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JohnyDL »

File updatess
Attachments
Multiplayer KoS with Mods 2.log
(201.81 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
Multiplayer KoS with Mods 1.log
(197.51 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
with log 2
with log 2
20170503000622_1.jpg (724.71 KiB) Viewed 3592 times
with log 1
with log 1
20170502221631_1.jpg (888.09 KiB) Viewed 3592 times

JohnyDL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JohnyDL »

Same thing on Vanilla
Attachments
20170505022909_1.jpg
20170505022909_1.jpg (811.58 KiB) Viewed 3568 times
Multiplayer KOS no mods.log
(7.36 KiB) Downloaded 102 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

This looks like a standard case of can not keep up with the server issue.

JohnyDL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JohnyDL »

I took a save and it works fine on my computer without the net connection, my network appears to keep up as it's buffering something I assume Updates just not processing them for some reason, I'm not Desyncing just timing out due to AFK despite not actually being AFK, it's not communicating to the server that I'm falling behind in fact the game stream appears to fall to simplex the server sends me stuff but I can't send it stuff and it doesn't alert other players I need to catch up since catching up is sometimes all that's needed to get it working again. Something is obviously a bug in that since my latency is low to average for the server and my computer isn't the worst on the server either (others with worse computers/connections/both don't necessarily have this problem)

MnHebi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MnHebi »

Loewchen wrote:This looks like a standard case of can not keep up with the server issue.
A client that is starting to fail to keep up with the server can cause desyncs for other clients on the server that can keep up, and keep them in a desync loop till the desyncer gets a desync archive or the server is restarted..
Whether or not the desync archive in my thread reveals what causes this, I do not know. But I've experienced this a few times already where my client starts failing to keep up, I can desync the whole server with the simple task of picking up items from a belt.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

MnHebi wrote:
Loewchen wrote:This looks like a standard case of can not keep up with the server issue.
A client that is starting to fail to keep up with the server can cause desyncs for other clients on the server that can keep up, and keep them in a desync loop till the desyncer gets a desync archive or the server is restarted..
Whether or not the desync archive in my thread reveals what causes this, I do not know. But I've experienced this a few times already where my client starts failing to keep up, I can desync the whole server with the simple task of picking up items from a belt.
This should not happen, if you can provide desync reports and describe exactly what happened, then please make a dedicated bug report.

MnHebi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MnHebi »

JohnyDL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JohnyDL »

The problem is I don't get any desync reports although that's clearly what's happening according to you.

Return to “Pending”