Spidertron does not want to rotate belts

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
datarza
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Spidertron does not want to rotate belts

Post by datarza »

There is no other roboport coverage in the area. Spidertron does nothing and does not follow orders.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (1.79 MiB) Viewed 667 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Spidertron does not want to rotate belts

Post by Loewchen »

Post log and save and follow 3638.

datarza
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by datarza »

Loewchen wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 5:50 pm
Post log and save and follow 3638.
Unfortunately, I cannot provide any save files, but I have additional info for you.

I was waiting 20 minutes and during that time Spidertron had no reaction. After 20 minutes I marked these belts for removing and Spidertron removed them immediately. Also, he immediately placed new belts in place of the old ones.

And here I understood the following: Factorio has two global queue in logistic network. One queue for changing something and second queue for remove something. There may even be three queues, plus one queue also for placing something new.

In my situation, I mean in my game, where Spidertron does not wanted to change belts was currently a lot of request for change the inserters, over 9000 requests, and zero requests to remove something and zero requests to put something new. That is why Spidertron had no reaction to new requests for changing the belt and had the immediately reaction to request for removing belts.

I do not know if this Factorio's behavior is good or not. I was only surprised why my Spidertron was idle outside of my logistic network and did not followed orders. I mean it is weird that Spidertron outside of logistic network does not want to follow the orders because there are many logistic requests in the game.

Maybe it is good to implement separated queues for each logistic network and for Spidertrons and for player's character. I guess the same problem is happens when we place a blueprint somewhere in logistic network and when player's character equipped with personal roboport comes to that place, then Factorio does not want using player's roboport because drones was already sent from storage chests. These are just my thoughts. Right now I do not think it is a bug.

computeraddict
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by computeraddict »

datarza wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:13 pm
I do not know if this Factorio's behavior is good or not.
Limiting how many construction orders are processed per tick keeps the game from freezing when you assign 9000 simultaneous construction orders. It's a good thing.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

datarza wrote:
And here I understood the following: Factorio has two global queue in logistic network. One queue for changing something and second queue for remove something. There may even be three queues, plus one queue also for placing something new.
Repairs is a queue, too.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles | New Gear Girl & HR Graphics

datarza
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by datarza »

computeraddict wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:32 pm
datarza wrote:
I do not know if this Factorio's behavior is good or not.
Limiting how many construction orders are processed per tick keeps the game from freezing when you assign 9000 simultaneous construction orders. It's a good thing.
Here is not about limit the orders, here is about priority the orders in queue.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

If you want this to be looked at make a new report and provide the info as requested in 3638.

Return to “Pending”