Pollution mod/change question

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
zakman
Inserter
Inserter

Pollution mod/change question

Post by zakman »

Hi all,

Hope someone can point me in the right direction here. I'm at the post-endgame stage (megabase, lots of rockets launched, lots of mods) and am looking to up the challenge a bit.

I figure I can do this by increasing the pollution output of certain buildings, specifically, laser turrets. I know it doesn't make much sense for them to produce pollution, but I figure it's the quickest way to generate large amounts of pollution closest to the biters (many turrets around my outer perimeter, which is naturally closest to the biters.) I would basically like to stress-test my defenses and power grid, and see how long they can hold out before I have to drop a couple of ion cannon blasts down on the local biter bases :-D

I would like to just edit the pollution amounts in the base data files (as opposed to creating an entirely separate mod) but I can't seem to find anything related to pollution in any of the LUA files. Am I even looking in the right place? Would it be simpler if I just created a small mod for this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Galacticruler
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Pollution mod/change question

Post by Galacticruler »

zakman wrote:Hi all,

Hope someone can point me in the right direction here. I'm at the post-endgame stage (megabase, lots of rockets launched, lots of mods) and am looking to up the challenge a bit.

I figure I can do this by increasing the pollution output of certain buildings, specifically, laser turrets. I know it doesn't make much sense for them to produce pollution, but I figure it's the quickest way to generate large amounts of pollution closest to the biters (many turrets around my outer perimeter, which is naturally closest to the biters.) I would basically like to stress-test my defenses and power grid, and see how long they can hold out before I have to drop a couple of ion cannon blasts down on the local biter bases :-D

I would like to just edit the pollution amounts in the base data files (as opposed to creating an entirely separate mod) but I can't seem to find anything related to pollution in any of the LUA files. Am I even looking in the right place? Would it be simpler if I just created a small mod for this?

Any help would be appreciated.
I don't think its possible for turrets to create pollution; however you could make a 1x1 entity that is a burner and produces a lot of pollution.
if you don't plan on releasing it to the public you may be able to cannibalize the Flare Stack mod's incinerator and reduce it's crafting speed and increase its pollution output.
PC is best.

zakman
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Pollution mod/change question

Post by zakman »

Galacticruler wrote: I don't think its possible for turrets to create pollution; however you could make a 1x1 entity that is a burner and produces a lot of pollution.
if you don't plan on releasing it to the public you may be able to cannibalize the Flare Stack mod's incinerator and reduce it's crafting speed and increase its pollution output.
Good idea, hadn't thought of just editing Flare Stack. Will give that a shot. Thanks!

Return to “Modding help”