[1.1.8] Deconstruction planner incorrectly flags items on belt as if they're on the ground

Bugs that are actually features.
Nicksaurus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[1.1.8] Deconstruction planner incorrectly flags items on belt as if they're on the ground

Post by Nicksaurus »

When I use a deconstruction planner set to only flag items on the ground, the items in the yellow box in this image (Right next to my character in the attached save file) are flagged even though they're on a belt

Here's what happened to these tiles:

1. Biters destroyed the belt segments with the items on them
2. I used the deconstruction planner to flag the dropped items
3. I rebuilt the destroyed belt segments
4. I cleared the deconstruction flags with shift+click+drag
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(13.46 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
2021.zip
(4.01 MiB) Downloaded 70 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.8] Deconstruction planner incorrectly flags items on belt as if they're on the ground

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however: The deconstruction planner is incapable of marking items on belts so they aren't actually on the belt. If you remove the belts you'll see there are still items sitting there. The items are on top of the belts.

What happened is: you marked the items for deconstruction, then re-built the belts. Then the belts had items flow onto them naturally and then you cancelled deconstruction of the items and they had no space to go onto the belts so they just sit there.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Nicksaurus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [1.1.8] Deconstruction planner incorrectly flags items on belt as if they're on the ground

Post by Nicksaurus »

Alright, never mind then

Return to “Not a bug”