[0.18.22] Broke mod loading

Bugs that are actually features.
jameinel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.18.22] Broke mod loading

Post by jameinel »

Several mods stopped loading in 0.18.22. I don't know whether this was an intentional or accidental change:

Failed to load mods: Error while loading custom-input prototype "inventory-cleanup" (custom-input): Unknown consuming type: all
Modifications: Even Distribution 0.3.17

I swear I got that same error for multiple mods, so I switched to just 'disable all mods'. However, trying to reproduce only Even Distribution is getting the error. I'm happy to report the error there if this is an intentional change.

(PS, if a mod fails while playing the game, the text box it pops up can be selected, but if it fails during load, I cannot copy the text to submit a bug report. However it works in game would be appreciated.)

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.22] Broke mod loading

Post by Klonan »

The mod is using outdated API, just try to update and see if the mod author has fixed it already

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Klonan wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 1:48 pm
The mod is using outdated API, just try to update and see if the mod author has fixed it already
They did not :(

EDIT: There is this mod, though: Fix Hotkeys for 0.18.22

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

jameinel wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 1:44 pm
(PS, if a mod fails while playing the game, the text box it pops up can be selected, but if it fails during load, I cannot copy the text to submit a bug report. However it works in game would be appreciated.)
If it fails (during load or later on), you will find the error message at the end of factorio-current.log. Just copy it from there! :-)
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Return to “Not a bug”