[0.17.2] Campaign: Automated production: pm = per minute, not explained ... Newbie trap

Suggestions relating to the Introduction and Campaign mode in Factorio
TheRaph
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.17.2] Campaign: Automated production: pm = per minute, not explained ... Newbie trap

Post by TheRaph »

I've set up 3 assembles to produce "Firearm Magazine". Two of them inserting in the same box.

As you can see on screenshot (right side), there are 37 Magazines in the right box. There are also 27 magazines in left box (between two assemblers).

The objective toggles around 16 magazines (some times it counts up, sometimes it counts down).

The same ist with science-packs. Sometimes it toggles between 5/6 and 6/6 so the objective is shown sometimes cleared and sometimes in progress.

Edit: I've solved this by stopping the 2 assemblers (selecting no product type), deleting both chest an fill up the last assembler with iron plates.
But the counter toggle until I have 26 magazines in assembler output.

Edit: changed title, because of explanation by CDarklock
Attachments
kampangne 2.jpg
kampangne 2.jpg (1.07 MiB) Viewed 3186 times
kampangne 2.zip
(2.46 MiB) Downloaded 89 times
Last edited by TheRaph on Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

CDarklock
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.2] Campaign: Automated production not counted correctly - can not go forward

Post by CDarklock »

TheRaph wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:15 pm
As you can see on screenshot (right side), there are 37 Magazines in the right box. There are also 27 magazines in left box (between two assemblers).

The objective toggles around 16 magazines (some times it counts up, sometimes it counts down).

The same ist with science-packs. Sometimes it toggles between 5/6 and 6/6 so the objective is shown sometimes cleared and sometimes in progress.
The "pm" in the goal means "per minute." You need to have "produced" 25 magazines, 15 circuits, and 6 science packs in the last minute to clear the objectives.

The game is a little odd about how it defines "produced." Sometimes you can just move a bunch of something and have it count.

torndar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.2] Campaign: Automated production not counted correctly - can not go forward

Post by torndar »

Yeah, I think the "pm" needs to be described in text somewhere as that had me confused for a minute as well.

TheRaph
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheRaph »

torndar wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:52 am
Yeah, I think the "pm" needs to be described in text somewhere as that had me confused for a minute as well.
BTW: I've last played longtime ago. So I'm now just like a newbie. I've found some newbie blocking points in campaign, but I don't know where to post... Goes it in bug forum as well?

Yannick
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.17.2] Campaign: Automated production: pm = per minute, not explained ... Newbie trap

Post by Yannick »

This also confused me for a little while until I figured out what it meant.

wheybags
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [0.17.2] Campaign: Automated production: pm = per minute, not explained ... Newbie trap

Post by wheybags »

Not a bug, but a valid suggestion, so I've moved to the suggestions subforum

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Took me a while to figure it out. Traditionally its /s or /min. Or just don't abbreviate it and say Per minute.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

I thought it was a bit weird that you could achieve the goal, but then production goes down and it doesn't count any more. Like when you're not researching so the science output is stalled. Once it's checked off it should probably be considered good.

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

Finished the campaign without ever automating green circuits. Apparently hand crafting counts towards the production stats. Probably not the intent?
Miniloader — UPS-friendly 1x1 loaders
Bulk Rail Loaders — Rapid train loading and unloading
Beltlayer & Pipelayer — Route items and fluids freely underground

Martc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Martc »

I have same problem. I finished this goal by hand crafting and then got obliterated by biters. Because my base wasn't prepared for such swarm.

Return to “Campaign / Scenario suggestions”