pY Coal Processing - Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by aklesey1 »

What another chemical compounds with boron will we have in ur mod?
Boron acid? Or something another?
I like angel's refining + petrochem idea with ffluorite or fluiorine (maybe Arch66Angel has specially changed the name of ore that the name in his game was more original and was a little crossed with real substance) and fluoric acid
Any new ideas about rubber and resin?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:What another chemical compounds with boron will we have in ur mod?
Boron acid? Or something another?
I like angel's refining + petrochem idea with ffluorite or fluiorine (maybe Arch66Angel has specially changed the name of ore that the name in his game was more original and was a little crossed with real substance) and fluoric acid
Any new ideas about rubber and resin?

Boric acid is the main product from boron in this mod... used to make good glass and circuit boards. Also can produce diborane gas for burning in the turbines. Boron compounds will be very importance in the future of my mods. About rubber can be made with syngas and aromatics. Resin didnt changed it :)
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Phew....one more week of work here. I tried to organize the icons.

pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Ur work is going, its really cool organization of recipes :)

How we can get mineralized water in ur mod? In angel mods we can get by 2 ways - simple and hard
1) Simple - crushed stone + water
2) Hard - refining of sulfuric waste water - but we'll get many sulfur, and we we need to use this sulfur somewhere, the most widespread option is to get sulfuric acid
There 2 another ways to get mineralized water - refining of fluoric waste water and nitric waste water (not really I understand why this water has such name because from it not to receive nitrogen or products related)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Ur work is going, its really cool organization of recipes :)

How we can get mineralized water in ur mod?
Thanks. Here you can just wash the coarse fraction of soil.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon wrote: Thanks. Here you can just wash the coarse fraction of soil.
Looks like first method

adamcirillo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by adamcirillo »

Is this going to work with bob's and angel's mods or is it designed to be standalone?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

adamcirillo wrote:Is this going to work with bob's and angel's mods or is it designed to be standalone?
Bobs. But can also run with vanilla only.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

aklesey1 wrote: Hard- refining of sulfuric waste water - but we'll get many sulfur, and we we need to use this sulfur somewhere, the most widespread option is to get sulfuric acid
I take the words back :( , I have told nonsense, I had had an opposite situation with sulfur - new angel smelting requires many many sulfuric acid and sulfuric waste water was nerfed, crap
So i'm waiting for coal processing with ur acid gas to get some more sulfur :)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:I take the words back :( , I have told nonsense, I had had an opposite situation with sulfur - new angel smelting requires many many sulfuric acid and sulfuric waste water was nerfed, crap
So i'm waiting for coal processing with ur acid gas to get some more sulfur :)
Sulfur wont be a problem here :)
pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Greeting fellow builders,

Im facing a problem here with the pipes...it´s working as you can see. But if you look closely, you will see that vertical window pipes are full "filled" with the fluid. But the horizontal ones, isnt. There´s a lot of empty space (not filled) area in the window and a small square of the fluid in the center. It compromises the visualization of the fluid inside that pipe.

Nexela is very busy these days and i dont want him to stop his work on the generators (since it´s a big part of this mod), so if you are or know someone who can help me with that small details, it would help this mod to be ready with less time. i will give you all the credits or/and something we can deal in return.

If this issues are bigger than we thought, i will just dump that pipes idea away as well as other ideas that relay on more coding which is further than what i know.

Py.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Want to know ur opinion, about silver, silver is used not so often in electronics whether it is possible to find for him bigger application?
We need many gold for high tier electronics but we don't need many silver, more often it can be used in solar panels

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Want to know ur opinion, about silver, silver is used not so often in electronics whether it is possible to find for him bigger application?
We need many gold for high tier electronics but we don't need many silver, more often it can be used in solar panels

Check your PMs. You will discover that silver is mandatory in the circuits with my mod. :)
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:Want to know ur opinion, about silver, silver is used not so often in electronics whether it is possible to find for him bigger application?
Check your PMs. You will discover that silver is mandatory in the circuits with my mod. :)
May be if forgot about PM's, its some inconvenient to use PM's to talk
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/momosundeass/BobExtended author of this mod MomoSundeas using silver cables for electronics, that's why i'm asking
It's will be interesting to see differnet recipes for one item? just rememeber gow we can produce plastic with different sources from oil and from natural gas and from wood with cellulose in bio industries or angel's bio processing - via methanol ;)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:May be if forgot about PM's, its some inconvenient to use PM's to talk
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/momosundeass/BobExtended author of this mod MomoSundeas using silver cables for electronics, that's why i'm asking
It's will be interesting to see differnet recipes for one item? just rememeber gow we can produce plastic with different sources from oil and from natural gas and from wood with cellulose in bio industries or angel's bio processing - via methanol ;)

For now, there´s a lot of different recipes in that mod to produce stuff. Plastics isnt for now because that mod is focused on carbon/coal. But in the next..who knows? hehee

anyway, i sent you a link in your PM to try the mod. it´s up to you.
pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

OPEN BETA!!

Download link: https://www.sendspace.com/file/v3wdrf

------>READ THIS BEFORE PLAY <------------
  • 1 - This version will run only in 0.15
  • 2 - It´s run in vanilla.
  • 3 - If you really want some challenge, this mod is fully compatible with Bob´s mods.
  • 4 - For now, we have NO IDEA how it will behave with other famous mods like Angel´s ones. It wasnt tested with his mods yet, so try at your own risk.
  • 5 - The Generators dont work YET. They are enabled, but is useless for now. So, forget generate energy with them in that release. Because that, the production of some fuels or fluids may be useless.
  • 6 - This mod will change completely the red, green and blue science. Others will stay the same.
  • 7 - It runs in multiplayer.
  • 8 - It would be nice if you provide some feedback, screenshots, opinions and/or even coding for some eventual bugs/optimization/fixing you may find or a show off of your creations.
  • 9 -This mod will make your game harder and will consume a lot of space, keep that in mind.
  • 10 - It´s a BETA, we will release a complete full version when generators works again as well as some few changes/optimizations that may come. :roll:
  • 11 - I recommend use this mod with some loader (such as loader redux mod) and any greenhouse one, since wood is required and some buildings are huge consumers of resources.
Special thanks to Nexela for helping me alot in the hard coding part and compatibility with bobs.
Thanks also for Yuoki for primary guidance in graphics and ArchAngel666 for the start help and guidance.
Last edited by pyanodon on Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
pY Coal processing mod

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

I get this when trying to start 0.15.29 with the beta

No Bobs, just py and some QoL mods.

wodzu93
Inserter
Inserter

Post by wodzu93 »

Failed to load mods: Error in assignID, item with name 'rubber' does not exist.

Source: aromatics-to-rubber (recipe)
Vanilla game, no bob's.
IT student that likes modding in his free time.

Shameless self-promotion:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =555765765
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =575758597

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Thanks Nexela thanks pyanodon let's try this beta :)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Ratzap wrote:I get this when trying to start 0.15.29 with the beta

No Bobs, just py and some QoL mods.
wodzu93 wrote:
Failed to load mods: Error in assignID, item with name 'rubber' does not exist.

Source: aromatics-to-rubber (recipe)
Vanilla game, no bob's.

Fixed...please, remove the old file and download again in the new link.
pY Coal processing mod

Return to “PyMods”