Perfect half-lane split

Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput.
Involving: Belts (balancers, crossings), Inserters, Chests, Furnaces, Assembling Devices ...
Optimized production chains. Compact design.
Please provide blueprints!
Forum rules
Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput
wobbycarly
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Perfect half-lane split

Post by wobbycarly »

I'm sure I've not seen these elsewhere, but surely someone else has worked it out before! You can use the side-load-onto-underground-trick to achieve a perfect split of 1 belt onto 2 half-belts.
Perfect lane split.gif
Perfect lane split.gif (5.2 MiB) Viewed 5415 times

dog80
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Perfect half-lane split

Post by dog80 »

this should be removed because it is unintuitive - just my oppinion

Tallywort
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tallywort »

And it can also be used when you have different items on the two lanes of the input belt, to separate them again. With the difference over just using a filter splitter being the lanes it outputs to. Could be useful in niche situations.

Tertius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Tertius »

The concept of lane splitting with sideloading, with or without blocking one lane with an underground belt, isn't new.
Some variations:
out.gif
out.gif (1.55 MiB) Viewed 5317 times
The first one is special: it's a lane balancer. To see how it works, you need to block/stall a single input and/or output lane.
The second one is yours.
The other ones split/combine input to output for different use cases. They don't use sideloading with underground pieces, but process lanes in a similar way.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Side loading to undergrounds trigger me because now there are materials sitting on the belt that’ll never be used…. :lol:
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Return to “Mechanical Throughput Magic (circuit-free)”