[MOD 0.16] Miniloader

Topics and discussion about specific mods
eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Miniloader

Post by eduran »

Snapping was enabled, but the result is the same without snapping. Adding chests also does not change the orientations.

Frenzier
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Frenzier »

I have a problem, i dont know if its related to your miniloaders, it is a problem of "spill", im using circuit conditions so the miniloaders only activate when a specific train ID is present in order to filter items, but after a train leaves, and a new train enters the station, he takes 1-2 items meant for the previous train... Image

Edit, the same happens with inserters, so its not a problem with miniloaders... :(

Cadde
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Cadde »

Frenzier wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:49 pm
I have a problem, i dont know if its related to your miniloaders, it is a problem of "spill", im using circuit conditions so the miniloaders only activate when a specific train ID is present in order to filter items, but after a train leaves, and a new train enters the station, he takes 1-2 items meant for the previous train...

Edit, the same happens with inserters, so its not a problem with miniloaders... :(
Don't fill trains all the way, leave 1-2 slots free for "spillage".

Bortos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Bortos »

Having issues with Miniloader slowing down to a crawl when inserting sushi belt contents into a chest/warehouse. Chest has heaps of space, and it only occurs when there is > 4 different item types all merged together

My base style uses a belt-based logistics network which ends up having lots of sushi, and this is a massive problem currently.

How to reproduce:
1. Use a big warehouse for ease of items
2. Create 8 filter miniloaders each with their own unique filter of 1 item loading out the warehouse onto their own belt
3. Merge all belts together with splitters into 1 single belt. Belt should have equal proportion of all items
4. Route sushi belt into a single miniloader that goes back into the warehouse
5. Observe issue

The issue doesn't happen for the yellow miniloader. The yellow (first tier) actually runs faster than all fast/express/turbo/ultimate miniloaders

Have uploaded a video here: https://youtu.be/ckxurxkSeNE

Cadde
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Cadde »

Can you feed that sushi belt to filter inserters and compare them with regular inserters?
Because behind the scenes, miniloaders are inserters ramped up to ludicrous speeds.

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

The problem is that I switched miniloaders to use a stack bonus on its inserters. This makes them work better in single item belts but on sushi belts the inserters spend too long waiting for matching items to fill up their hand. I’ll hsve to go back to the earlier strategy of using single item inserters at a very high speed.

That means people will go back to complaining that blue miniloaders can pick up an entire Bobs green belt, unfortunately.
Miniloader β€” UPS-friendly 1x1 loaders
Bulk Rail Loaders β€” Rapid train loading and unloading
Beltlayer & Pipelayer β€” Route items and fluids freely underground

Anon2k
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Anon2k »

Hi, it is indicated that ultamite belts are supported. However, there are a few bugs.

I work so far only with violet (ultra - 180 / s), but this is true for others:

1. Loaders work without energy, although the no-power indicator flashes.
2. You can not pick up the wire to the logical network.
3. Filter loaders without a filter are unloading everything.
4. Filter settings are not updated automatically when changing the level with the loader.
5. "Extreme fast filter" has no filters.

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

Anon2k wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:58 pm
Hi, it is indicated that ultamite belts are supported. However, there are a few bugs.
Therax wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:07 am
Ultimate Belts support is in BETA state.

Factorio core engine limitations restrict inserters pulling from belts to 60 items/second, or 4.5x yellow belt speed. Further, loader entities are restricted to 120 items/second.

Miniloaders at "Ultra fast" and faster speeds use vanilla loader entities in addition to inserters, giving a max throughput of ~180 items/second when interacting with chests and other containers. They will not give full throughput when loading cargo wagons, and circuit control is disabled since vanilla loaders cannot be circuit controlled.

the_ave
Inserter
Inserter

Post by the_ave »

Hello,

Is it normal that in a configuration: train car - express miniloader - express miniloader - chest ALL the miniloaders are set to 'override stack size' to the value of 3?

I have tried to both DISABLE the flag and Set it to a different value (10 or 12) but once I close the miniloader window the settings revert to the default ones...

Many thanks for the work!

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

Yes, this is normal and how the speed of miniloaders is set to approximately match the speed of the belts.

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bizobinator »

Is there any way to have a miniloader that loads straight from one chest into another? I can do this by using 1 miniloader to unload onto its belt, and then anotherr miniloader to load into the new chest, but isn't it more efficient to go from chest to chest than chest to belt to chest?

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Bizobinator wrote: ↑
Thu May 23, 2019 2:52 pm
Is there any way to have a miniloader that loads straight from one chest into another?
If the other chest is only one tile away why not use a long chest instead?
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: ζ—₯本θͺž, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Cadde wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:49 am
He could make a "long" miniloader for ultimate belts that would work on two belt pieces at the same time. Then the limit would be 120 items/s.
But i would rather they added more belt specific LUA stuff so one could control items on belts directly through LUA without the need of inserters.
Use a loader to move the items from belt to an invisible chest and then have the inserters move them from the chest.

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

mrvn wrote: ↑
Thu May 23, 2019 3:30 pm
He could make a "long" miniloader for ultimate belts that would work on two belt pieces at the same time. Then the limit would be 120 items/s.
But i would rather they added more belt specific LUA stuff so one could control items on belts directly through LUA without the need of inserters.
Use a loader to move the items from belt to an invisible chest and then have the inserters move them from the chest.
This is something I’ve considered, but My experience with Beltlayer tells me people don’t necessarily want or expect significant buffering to be associated with every miniloader. This is especially true for mod sets that greatly increase item stack sizes.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

So he'd use belt > loader > chest > inserter(s) >chest.
Why not directly use belt > loader > chest?

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

Optera wrote: ↑
Thu May 23, 2019 5:12 pm
The inserter can interact with cargo wagons and be circuit controlled.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Therax wrote: ↑
Thu May 23, 2019 5:26 pm
The inserter can interact with cargo wagons and be circuit controlled.
I use miniloaders for performance and to prevent the infinite loading glitch.
Using them to connect belts directly to wagons is inefficient in both belt usage and performance. Doing wagon > stack inserter > wide chest > (mini)loader > belt has better performance and prevents belts from being empty whenever no train is in the station.

Cadde
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Cadde »

And i have basically gone away from using belts altogether and as such also miniloaders. I use wide chests and trains.

Miniloaders are awesome though, i just got bored with belts.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

The first chest would be an invisible one in the mini-loader. Then weather you connect the mini-loader to a belt, chest, assembler or train depends on the situation. But yes, a mini-loader to a chest would be going through 2 chests even if you don't see it.

The point was more to fix the ultimate belt -> loader -> not-chest.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Fri May 24, 2019 9:10 am
And i have basically gone away from using belts altogether and as such also miniloaders. I use wide chests and trains.

Miniloaders are awesome though, i just got bored with belts.
So instead of a 100m belt segment you place a 100m wide chest. Insert at one end and un-insert at the other ende?

Do you use inserters to fill the wide chests of mini-loaders?

Return to β€œMods”