[MOD 0.12.33] Power armor mk3 0.1.0

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Cobraslaya
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[MOD 0.12.33] Power armor mk3 0.1.0

Post by Cobraslaya »

Description:

Adds a mk3 variant of the power armor with increased resistances and a 20x20 grid for equipment. Please feel free to leave any feedback :D

Details:

Name: Cobraslaya
Category: Armor
MOD Version: 0.1.0
Factorio Version: 0.12
Latest Released: April 17, 2016
Dependencies: None

Download:
Power-armor-mk3_0.1.0.zip
(2.97 MiB) Downloaded 4271 times
Power armor mk3.zip
(2.97 MiB) Downloaded 829 times
If you are having the _0.1.0_0.1.0 error download this, extract it and place in data folder

Change log:
Changed file pathing

If you would like to help with putting in animations to change the characters look when wearing the armor feel free to do so i will credit you for it cause i have no clue how to do it thx! :D
Last edited by Cobraslaya on Sun May 29, 2016 3:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.

DevilXD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.33] Power armor mk3 0.1.0

Post by DevilXD »

20x20 ? Oh my... It's a bit overpowered, isn't it ? :)

I also made myself a "Power Armor MK3" mod, long back ago... I gave it 14x14 grid (MK2 has 10x10), and I think that it's a little bit overpowered, but I fit inside all the equipment I wanted :)

Did your armor changes the look of character when you wear it, like MK2 does ?

Cobraslaya
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cobraslaya »

I thought a 20x20 grid would be fun to mess around with especially after 95% of the game has been beaten, it's kind of a reward for getting so far in the game so it's more of a yay you did it now go have fun kinda armor and sadly no it doesn't change the look of the actual character but as soon as I've finished it i will let you know :) but i would love to know if you actually tried it out? This is kindof a first for me in the whole modding scene

DevilXD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DevilXD »

Cobraslaya wrote: sadly no it doesn't change the look of the actual character
Okay, so - Bug Report: Your armor doesn't change the look of a character like the MK2 does :D

Hint - To fix , look inside the demo-entities.lua in the game files for this line:

Code: Select all

-- modular armors are not in the demo
armors = data.is_demo and {} or {"basic-modular-armor", "power-armor", "power-armor-mk2"},
... and adapt it to your mod. Should work perfectly ;)

AutoMcD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AutoMcD »

the 20x20 is hilariously OP. :D

Cobraslaya
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cobraslaya »

That's sorta the point XD

bigyihsuan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by bigyihsuan »

Could you change the file structure so that it meets the standards that every other mod follows, for easier installation?

Things you need to do:
1. Replace the spaces in the mod title and folder names to have dashes, and an underscore between the name and the version number. Rename both the .ZIP and the folder directly inside it. So this: power-armor-mk3_0.1.0
2. Change your info.json to reflect these changes.

The reason for these is to allow for people to not need to extract the mod when they want to use it, and just drag-drop into their mods folder.

Cobraslaya
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cobraslaya »

I didn't do that to begin with because that's not how I install my mods but if people are too lazy (no offense) to simply unzip it I will oblige to your request

bigyihsuan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by bigyihsuan »

Cobraslaya wrote:I didn't do that to begin with because that's not how I install my mods but if people are too lazy (no offense) to simply unzip it I will oblige to your request
i just loaded the mod an all you need to change is to add _0.1.0 to the end of the .ZIP, otherwise the game spits out an Unexpected Name error.

Cobraslaya
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cobraslaya »

bigyihsuan wrote:
Cobraslaya wrote:I didn't do that to begin with because that's not how I install my mods but if people are too lazy (no offense) to simply unzip it I will oblige to your request
i just loaded the mod an all you need to change is to add _0.1.0 to the end of the .ZIP, otherwise the game spits out an Unexpected Name error.
Better?

bigyihsuan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by bigyihsuan »

Cobraslaya wrote:
bigyihsuan wrote:
Better?
Yup, definitely better.

nonstickfrypan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by nonstickfrypan »

DevilXD wrote:
Cobraslaya wrote: sadly no it doesn't change the look of the actual character
Okay, so - Bug Report: Your armor doesn't change the look of a character like the MK2 does :D

Hint - To fix , look inside the demo-entities.lua in the game files for this line:

Code: Select all

-- modular armors are not in the demo
armors = data.is_demo and {} or {"basic-modular-armor", "power-armor", "power-armor-mk2"},
... and adapt it to your mod. Should work perfectly ;)
I don't get it. MK2 doesn't change how my character looks either (none of the armors do)

DevilXD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DevilXD »

nonstickfrypan wrote:I don't get it. MK2 doesn't change how my character looks either (none of the armors do)
Directly from the game's files:

The first one is normal character, the second one is how he looks like with basic armor (iron, steel) and the third one is how he looks with modular armor on.
Just zoom on the character in game and put on and off your armor a couple of times to see the difference...

nonstickfrypan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by nonstickfrypan »

DevilXD wrote:
nonstickfrypan wrote:Just zoom on the character in game and put on and off your armor a couple of times to see the difference...
You're right :mrgreen: I guess that I've just never looked close enough... oops :roll:

How do I get my character to look blue (in some screenshots I see their character looks a bit like energy shield mkii)?

DevilXD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DevilXD »

nonstickfrypan wrote:How do I get my character to look blue (in some screenshots I see their character looks a bit like energy shield mkii)?
Honestly, I don't know - the above trick works if I want to add an existing armor animation to a modded armor. I don't think that it's possible to add a whole new animation to a modded armor...

That being said, if you point me to a mod that does that, I'll take a look at the code and try to figure out how it's done ;)

Cobraslaya
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cobraslaya »

Unfortunate I don't think there is a way to change the look of the character I've spent a good 3+ hours trying to figure it out with no luck I am truly sorry :(

DevilXD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DevilXD »

Cobraslaya wrote:Unfortunate I don't think there is a way to change the look of the character I've spent a good 3+ hours trying to figure it out with no luck I am truly sorry :(
There is a way to change the graphics for a character, you just can't add an animation for armor to the three existing ones :) Take a look at "Factorio/data/base/prototypes/entity/demo-entities.lua", at the top is a "player" entity ;)

rscBogey
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by rscBogey »

not working for me, tried that fix with adding the _0.1.0 and ended up with a different error.

Cobraslaya
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cobraslaya »

Should already have the _0.1.0 on it

rscBogey
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by rscBogey »

It still gave the unexpected name error, i tried unzipping the file too and it gave the same error. Says the file name should end in _0.1.0_0.1.0

Power-armor-mk3.zip doesn't match the expected Power-armor-mk3_0.1.0_0.1.0.zip (case sensitive!)
Last edited by rscBogey on Sun May 29, 2016 2:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Mods”