Release date for 0.4.4 is 2020-Feb-17
Mod Portal Link
For interested contributors and bugfixing: https://github.com/kyranf/robotarmyfactorio
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USING THE DEV/UNSTABLE BRANCH FROM GITHUB:
- Go to the github page for this mod, and view the Development Branch (not Master!) https://github.com/kyranf/robotarmyfact ... evelopment or the Unstable branch https://github.com/kyranf/robotarmyfact ... e/Unstable
- Click on the "Clone or Download" button and download the .zip file.
- Unzip the contents and go to your current installation of the Robot Army mod, and copy-paste the new dev branch files into it, over-write all files.
- If it's up-to-date, Read the dev branch info wiki page to make sure you understand what is new, and any new mechanics you can play with. https://github.com/kyranf/robotarmyfact ... ranch-Info
- Note you may need to change the mod folder name with whatever version number is mentioned in info.json file if you get an error on start-up
General Information at the Wiki on Github: https://github.com/kyranf/robotarmyfactorio/wiki
changes from 0.4.3 to 0.4.4:
- updated to work for Factorio 0.18. Had to change some sound file names, easy!
- small fix on start-up error when no tick or squad table existed.
Please, report bugs on Github (https://github.com/kyranf/robotarmyfactorio/issues) or on the forum thread, not on the Mod Portal (until they allow mod authors to get email notifications).
See mod portal https://mods.factorio.com/mods/kyranzor/robotarmy for download
Manufacture and deploy automated soldiers to go out in hunting parties to annihilate the biter menace, or an opposing player's base/army.
How it works:
Manufacturer a "droid" soldier unit which is placed like any normal object or deployed at the Droid Assembler. You produce droids in an Assembler 2 or 3 (blue or yellow), after researching at least military 1. Military 2 and 3 unlock the later game droid soldier types. There are also now flying robots available and are unlocked with the "Combat Robotics" tech.
The droids move around and can form squads and attack nearest biter bases. Droids placed nearby another droid or group of droids will join their squad. If there are none nearby, the droid will make his own squad and wait around for more droids until finally the squad reaches the point where they will go and hunt (configurable, in config.lua).
Wherever you choose to place them, the soldiers mingle around defending their area until there is a certain squad size, at which point they will move to go hunt as mentioned earlier. They can be placed at any time during battle if you want some backup while taking down a huge biter nest. Be aware - They engage with the enemy and will aggressively hunt nearby biters/nests. They may slaughter their way through an entire (early to mid-game) biter nest or at least die trying. Huge numbers will be needed to take on biter nests with large worms and medium/large biters. The mod has been expanded to add more powerful and different types of robot soldiers in order to help deal with that issue.
[OLD FEATURE - NOT USED ANYMORE]
The droid squads collect Alien Artifacts (including bobs' ones) if you have placed an Army loot chest. You can place Droid Guard Stations and fill them with droids and it will spawn a group and keep the numbers up if some die while defending the area. Alien artefacts have been disabled by the default game, and are disabled in the mod now by default. if you run with Bob's Enemies or other mods that have drops by aliens with the word 'artefact' in it, then you can re-enable it in the config.lua by finding the obviously named setting and making it = 1
More recent videos and Youtuber Spotlights:
See Xterminator's mod spotlight video for a quick introduction to the things this mod adds: https://youtu.be/21wTN5Bui3c
For a great introduction to the mod's features in German please see this video by SeeNo:
Für eine großartige Einführung in die Features des Mods auf Deutsch lesen Sie bitte dieses Video von SeeNo: