[MOD 0.12.20+] Logistics Mining 1.0.1 - Mining With Robots

Topics and discussion about specific mods
NoriSilverrage
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.20+] Logistics Mining 0.2.1 - Mining With Robots

Post by NoriSilverrage »

Ah, despite being a reasonably avid strategy game player, I oddly enough didn't get into starcraft.

Yeah I wouldn't mind being able to use a bit less power. Not everyone builds world spanning solar fields. I get about 107MW from steam and a max of 72MW from windmills (KS Power, output varies significantly). I'm thinking about adding your Gloom mod (and actually needing the night vision module).

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

NoriSilverrage wrote:Ah, despite being a reasonably avid strategy game player, I oddly enough didn't get into starcraft.

Yeah I wouldn't mind being able to use a bit less power. Not everyone builds world spanning solar fields. I get about 107MW from steam and a max of 72MW from windmills (KS Power, output varies significantly). I'm thinking about adding your Gloom mod (and actually needing the night vision module).
I am on a similar scale and see very similar power draws to you. I have 320MW available from steam, using 250MW actively right now. No solar, no accumulators (Gloom is excellent, makes Solar less over-powered).

So I am very much in agreement the power draw is a bit much.

Endlesstyme
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Endlesstyme »

Getting an error when using the mod, __LogisticsMining__/control.lua:152: attempt to index local 'logistics_network' (a nil value), looks like when i place down the logistic mining hub if its not connected to power by the time it finishes scaning the ore the game will crash. If i power it and disconnect the power after though it doesnt crash. Also if i place it down and get power connected before the scan is complete it doesnt crash.

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

Endlesstyme wrote:Getting an error when using the mod, __LogisticsMining__/control.lua:152: attempt to index local 'logistics_network' (a nil value), looks like when i place down the logistic mining hub if its not connected to power by the time it finishes scaning the ore the game will crash. If i power it and disconnect the power after though it doesnt crash. Also if i place it down and get power connected before the scan is complete it doesnt crash.
Oh, thanks for the report. I'll get that fixed!

Edit: This is now fixed in version 0.2.2! ;)

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.20+] Logistics Mining 0.2.2 - Mining With Robots

Post by Afforess »

NoriSilverrage wrote:Ah, despite being a reasonably avid strategy game player, I oddly enough didn't get into starcraft.

See what you think of the balance of version 0.2.2. The power requirements are down slightly, and the drills last a bit longer.

NoriSilverrage
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by NoriSilverrage »

Cool, I'll try it out today. Thanks for the release.

Roktaal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Roktaal »

Two issues:
1. If you place a pylon and then remove it before it finishes scanning the ore field, the red overlay remains forever.
2. Mining Logistics Hubs still request more drills than available in network.

Edit: Managed to get rid of the overlay with:

Code: Select all

/c for _, entity in pairs(game.local_player.surface.find_entities_filtered{area={{game.local_player.position.x-20, game.local_player.position.y-20}, {game.local_player.position.x+20, game.local_player.position.y+20}}, name="logistics_mining_70_red_overlay"}) do entity.destroy() end

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

Roktaal wrote:Two issues:
1. If you place a pylon and then remove it before it finishes scanning the ore field, the red overlay remains forever.
2. Mining Logistics Hubs still request more drills than available in network.

Edit: Managed to get rid of the overlay with:

/c for _, entity in pairs(game.local_player.surface.find_entities_filtered{area={{game.local_player.position.x-20, game.local_player.position.y-20}, {game.local_player.position.x+20, game.local_player.position.y+20}}, name="logistics_mining_70_red_overlay"}) do entity.destroy() end
Okay, I'll take a look at debugging both issues this weekend. Thanks for pointing these out.

Roktaal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Roktaal »

Hey I managed to fix the issue number 2 by changing line 164 of control.lua from

if entities_created >= 3 then
to

if entities_created >= 1 then

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

Roktaal wrote:Hey I managed to fix the issue number 2 by changing line 164 of control.lua from

if entities_created >= 3 then
to

if entities_created >= 1 then
Thanks for the help! I've released version 0.2.3, which fixes both issues ;)

Endlesstyme
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.20+] Logistics Mining 0.2.3 - Mining With Robots

Post by Endlesstyme »

Getting this error when I try to move a logistic mining hub if all the ore hasn't been mined. Error while running the event handler: __LogisticsMining__/control.lua:79: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil).

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.20+] Logistics Mining 0.2.3 - Mining With Robots

Post by Afforess »

Endlesstyme wrote:Getting this error when I try to move a logistic mining hub if all the ore hasn't been mined. Error while running the event handler: __LogisticsMining__/control.lua:79: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil).
Thanks! (I swear I test this stuff)...

I uploaded version 0.2.4, which should correct that. :)

NoriSilverrage
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.20+] Logistics Mining 0.2.4 - Mining With Robots

Post by NoriSilverrage »

I like the changes. Energy use feels pretty good and mining speed/miner duration is good.
Also, I think your chargers have the dubious distinction of being the only thing in the game where efficiency beacons actually makes sense. :)

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

NoriSilverrage wrote:I like the changes. Energy use feels pretty good and mining speed/miner duration is good.
Also, I think your chargers have the dubious distinction of being the only thing in the game where efficiency beacons actually makes sense. :)
That's a pretty cool side-effect, and I love unintended strategies. I won't do anything to prevent/stop it :P

A week ago I said I would evaluate moving this out of Alpha if no major issues were discovered. Well, plenty of minor bugs did crop up, so I am going to wait yet another week, and if nothing shows up for 0.2.4, then I'll create a 1.0.0 release. :)

Roktaal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Roktaal »

Think this is ready for 1.0.0
As it is now, works like charm

Endlesstyme
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Endlesstyme »

Working good now. :D

NoriSilverrage
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by NoriSilverrage »

Afforess wrote:
NoriSilverrage wrote:I like the changes. Energy use feels pretty good and mining speed/miner duration is good.
That's a pretty cool side-effect, and I love unintended strategies. I won't do anything to prevent/stop it :P

A week ago I said I would evaluate moving this out of Alpha if no major issues were discovered. Well, plenty of minor bugs did crop up, so I am going to wait yet another week, and if nothing shows up for 0.2.4, then I'll create a 1.0.0 release. :)
Yeah I was trying to figured out how to manage the 90MW drop of 9 chargers and was like, hey wait, what about beacons. Was pleased when it worked out. I have all the chargers at 30-80% energy reduction now. Still is significant, but quite manageable.

NoriSilverrage
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by NoriSilverrage »

Attempting to decommission (using planner) gave me this error: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tyuwvbm14ucww ... 5.jpg?dl=0
I removed a few things manually and didn't get any errors.

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

NoriSilverrage wrote:Attempting to decommission (using planner) gave me this error: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tyuwvbm14ucww ... 5.jpg?dl=0
I removed a few things manually and didn't get any errors.
Fixed in 0.2.5. It was actually caused by dead code I forgot to remove...

untrioctium
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.20+] Logistics Mining 0.2.5 - Mining With Robots

Post by untrioctium »

Really neat mod, I don't dread setting up new mining outposts any more. The convenience doesn't feel overpowered either, because if you intend to charge batteries on-site, you're going to spew lots of biter-attracting pollution. I tried a few other mods for late game mining, but this is by far my favorite. I did notice one bug, though: one of the rotations of the charged miner is 3x3 instead of 1x1. Probably not a big deal since they're intended to be placed by the bots anyway.

Return to “Mods”