Topics and discussion about specific mods
foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: MOD [ 0.16.x] Bio-Industries 2.6.6

Post by foodfactorio » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:42 pm

oh ok, thanks for the info,
(the SCguy) :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

FallenPaladin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by FallenPaladin » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:36 am

Okay I know that you are waiting till 0.17 (I am too), but I figured that I would mention something. Don't know if it is a bug or something but the bio-mass only outputs on the left side.
- Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.

ImageImage

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:59 pm

btw these entities are cool in my games, but always gave me (minor) issues after one of the official dev releases swapped pipe inputs and outputs....
only to have to fix it a 2nd time, after an official dev release, reversed the changes to pipe inputs and outputs :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

Wakaba-chan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wakaba-chan » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:03 am

Hello!

First of all, thank you for fun mod!

I've found a bug. Your mod makes game hang if you place prototype artillery, turn on the map, turn on turret coverage and zoom in pretty closely. Game just hang and don't respond anymore so you need to terminate and restart it.
Here is proof-save: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1P8jbr ... 6Kc1jDK6RE

Also it does not show turret coverage at global view... But it's not as annoying as crashing.

DavyJones3
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DavyJones3 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:01 am

I just built the prototype artillery. It says that the shooting speed is 30/s. I highly doubt this is correct and I think I have read somewhere saying it should be less than a second. Also, the prototype artillery recipe says the range is 90 while the ammo says 85. The ammo also says the speed is inf/s, which looks like a bug. Your mod is really cool and I hope you continue updating this stuff. I know your forum and mod page say that there is a "bio cannon" (which sounds cool) and that was clearly changed into the prototype artillery, but I think it would be really cool if you added another artillery unit under that name ("Bio Cannon") and maybe it'd be an upgrade from the vanilla artillery units. Bigger, Better, Huge Range and more Expensive. "Bio-Cannon"

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:39 am

Hi,
I found some oddities in Bio Industries bi-large-substation item definition making it hard for LEP+ to automatically generate a lighted version and sort it next to the original.

bi-large-substation is generated in subgroup "energy-pipe-distribution" but seems to later be moved into the bio industries tab.
If you where to generate the item with the correct subgroup and save yourself moving it later. It'd also make it easier to have the lighted version appear next to it.

bi-large-substation also seems to be missing a letter after the final - in its order string "a[energy]-d[substation]-[large-substation]" Factorio will remove everything in [] so the string it uses for ordering is "a-d-".

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:40 pm

DavyJones3 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:01 am
I just built the prototype artillery. It says that the shooting speed is 30/s. I highly doubt this is correct and I think I have read somewhere saying it should be less than a second. Also, the prototype artillery recipe says the range is 90 while the ammo says 85. The ammo also says the speed is inf/s, which looks like a bug. Your mod is really cool and I hope you continue updating this stuff. I know your forum and mod page say that there is a "bio cannon" (which sounds cool) and that was clearly changed into the prototype artillery, but I think it would be really cool if you added another artillery unit under that name ("Bio Cannon") and maybe it'd be an upgrade from the vanilla artillery units. Bigger, Better, Huge Range and more Expensive. "Bio-Cannon"
Hey Davy,

The Bio Cannon or Prototype Artillery is a little tricky, The turret actually has a range of 0, but then I search for nests within a 90 radius. That's the only way I could get the Bio Turret not to fire on everything.
Fixed the range to display 90.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:58 pm

Wakaba-chan wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:03 am
Hello!

First of all, thank you for fun mod!

I've found a bug. Your mod makes game hang if you place prototype artillery, turn on the map, turn on turret coverage and zoom in pretty closely. Game just hang and don't respond anymore so you need to terminate and restart it.
Here is proof-save: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1P8jbr ... 6Kc1jDK6RE

Also it does not show turret coverage at global view... But it's not as annoying as crashing.
Hey Wakaba,
I downloaded your save and tested this, but did not get the crash.

Return to “Mods”