[0.17]AutoTrash 4.1.5

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Jelgadis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.12]AutoTrash 0.0.52

Post by Jelgadis »

Choumiko wrote:Oh nice, can i use them? Saves me the trouble of starting up gimp :)
sure, why not :D

PlagueDoc
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PlagueDoc »

Been using this mod in a multiplayer setting with a friend, works flawlessly absolutely love it. However another friend of mine joined our server after we have researched trash slots etc, and his AutoTrash seems to not be working at all? Is it possible this is due to his player not being present when the map was created, or when the tech was researched? Is there a way to allow his player to use AutoTrash using commands? Any help would be great!

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Hi,

I think this specific post can help you : viewtopic.php?f=105&t=8286&p=137525&hil ... le#p137525
Just replace the name of technology by the one of auto-trash. I would advise the two last commands in the post I linked you.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

PlagueDoc wrote:Is it possible this is due to his player not being present when the map was created, or when the tech was researched? Is there a way to allow his player to use AutoTrash using commands? Any help would be great!
AutoTrash accounts for a new player being created, i did a test and it works fine (on 1 PC with factorio running 2 instances).

You can try using /c remote.call("at", "init") in the console. This should create the buttons for the new player.

PlagueDoc
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PlagueDoc »

Koub wrote:Hi,

I think this specific post can help you : viewtopic.php?f=105&t=8286&p=137525&hil ... le#p137525
Just replace the name of technology by the one of auto-trash. I would advise the two last commands in the post I linked you.
I think this might be close to the solution of my problem, however doesn't seem to be working. I removed all of the logistic slot and trash slot research, and then researched it again, this unfortunately had no effect. Autotrash itself has no research, and I'm assuming recipes doesn't apply to it either.
Choumiko wrote:
PlagueDoc wrote:Is it possible this is due to his player not being present when the map was created, or when the tech was researched? Is there a way to allow his player to use AutoTrash using commands? Any help would be great!
AutoTrash accounts for a new player being created, i did a test and it works fine (on 1 PC with factorio running 2 instances).

You can try using /c remote.call("at", "init") in the console. This should create the buttons for the new player.
He has the buttons, the items just don't get automatically transferred to logistic trash slots.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

PlagueDoc wrote:He has the buttons, the items just don't get automatically transferred to logistic trash slots.
Ohh, that's even stranger.
Can you use /c remote.call("at","saveVar") in the console and upload the file autotrash.lua (in "Factorio-folder"/script-output) ? Again, works fine for me when i test it in MP.
And just to be sure: Factorio 0.12.28, Autotrash 0.0.52 ? A list of mods might help, though i don't see how another mod would mess this up.

PlagueDoc
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PlagueDoc »

Choumiko wrote:
PlagueDoc wrote:He has the buttons, the items just don't get automatically transferred to logistic trash slots.
Ohh, that's even stranger.
Can you use /c remote.call("at","saveVar") in the console and upload the file autotrash.lua (in "Factorio-folder"/script-output) ? Again, works fine for me when i test it in MP.
And just to be sure: Factorio 0.12.28, Autotrash 0.0.52 ? A list of mods might help, though i don't see how another mod would mess this up.
Auto Trash works perfectly for shewstar, it was working perfectly for Jono but strangely enough is no longer working after going godmode then back to player, maybe this is a clue to the problem? It has at no point worked for Noj, the player who joined late. Factorio 0.12.26, Autotrash 0.0.52

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B95Dy7 ... sp=sharing

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

PlagueDoc wrote:it was working perfectly for Jono but strangely enough is no longer working after going godmode then back to player, maybe this is a clue to the problem?
This could be it, not sure though how this would happen.

Try updating Autotrash to 0.0.54 (i forgot updating the first post when releasing it 3 days ago :( ) maybe it helps. If it doesn't: Disable Autotrash, load the save and save it again. Reenable AutoTrash and see if that helps.
What commands did you use to go into godmode? I'll have a try at trying to replicate the error.

PlagueDoc
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.12]AutoTrash 0.0.54

Post by PlagueDoc »

OK so it's a strange series of events: We have YARM on our server, which allows viewing deposits of ore that have been recorded, enabling a sort of "godmode" to view the ore deposit. The player died while in this viewer and became stuck. The mod told us to use the command: /c remote.call("YARM", "reset_player", game.local_player.index) which basically makes you turn into godmode, then we found the command: /c game.players[2].character = game.surfaces.nauvis.create_entity({name="player", position={0,0}}) to spawn back as a player, then /c game.local_player.force = game.forces.player to be on the same force(?) again. I believe after that AutoTrash no longer worked, emphasis on believe because I didn't notice that Autotrash wasn't working until well after this, (in fact this happened BEFORE the other guy joined the server).

I just tested it by logging in as the one that still has access to AutoTrash and repeating the exact same process, however his player still has access to AutoTrash?? I'm so confused.

Also everything that you suggested did not change anything.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.12]AutoTrash 0.0.54

Post by Choumiko »

PlagueDoc wrote:I just tested it by logging in as the one that still has access to AutoTrash and repeating the exact same process, however his player still has access to AutoTrash?? I'm so confused.
So am i :D Thanks for the commands, i'm gonna try replicating this and see what's going on.

Edit: So far no luck with replicating it. I just made a new release, try this one: https://github.com/Choumiko/AutoTrash/r ... ag/v0.0.55

kylearn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.12]AutoTrash 0.0.55

Post by kylearn »

First off, thanks for all the hard work on an awesome and much needed mod. I do have a question though. Is there some way to change the position of the buttons?

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

I'm also having trouble with the mod buttons not appearing in an already-started game. I've saved and loaded, etc. I don't want to start over :(

justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by justarandomgeek »

With the auto-trash-above-logistics mode, would it be possible to have an offset before it auto-trashes? For example, let it pile up one extra stack in my inventory beyond what's requested, then start getting rid of it, and maybe then trash it a whole stack at a time. This would lead to less silliness where I'm picking up and placing the same things over and over, trying to get the layout I want (or reworking combinators), and the bots just keep taking one and two at a time back and forth to storage to make sure I only ever have exactly 50 of the thing.

Also, would it be possible to auto-configure the first or last two rows (I've used console commands to give more rows, so I can give up a few...) of request slots to request any filtered item on the current quickbar (all would be nice, but with 5 quickbars that's a bit much...) that's not already a full stack?

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

kylearn wrote:First off, thanks for all the hard work on an awesome and much needed mod. I do have a question though. Is there some way to change the position of the buttons?
Not an easy way right now. You'd have to disable all mods that add a button at the top. Load the save and save it. Enable the mod whose button you want all the way to the left. Restart Factorio, load the save, save it, and so on..
sparr wrote:I'm also having trouble with the mod buttons not appearing in an already-started game. I've saved and loaded, etc. I don't want to start over :(
Character logistics /trash slots researched? try /C remote.call("at", "reset", true) or disable Autotrash, load and save the game, enable again.
justarandomgeek wrote:With the auto-trash-above-logistics mode, would it be possible to have an offset before it auto-trashes? For example, let it pile up one extra stack in my inventory beyond what's requested, then start getting rid of it, and maybe then trash it a whole stack at a time. This would lead to less silliness where I'm picking up and placing the same things over and over, trying to get the layout I want (or reworking combinators), and the bots just keep taking one and two at a time back and forth to storage to make sure I only ever have exactly 50 of the thing.

Also, would it be possible to auto-configure the first or last two rows (I've used console commands to give more rows, so I can give up a few...) of request slots to request any filtered item on the current quickbar (all would be nice, but with 5 quickbars that's a bit much...) that's not already a full stack?
First one sounds fairly simple to add, though i used to just pause Autotrash when rebuilding stuff (and then forgot to unpause it until my inventory got full :D )
Second one might need some additional GUI/settings to make it work for everyone (number of logistics slots to use, quickbars to check? )
I'll probably add it some time after 0.13 hits

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Just discovered in this thread that you can autotrash everything in your logistsics requests slots automatically! Now I don't have to set thing in request slot and then also in autotrash! Thank you for this feature and all the other great things about this mod q:

justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Choumiko wrote: First one sounds fairly simple to add, though i used to just pause Autotrash when rebuilding stuff (and then forgot to unpause it until my inventory got full :D )
Second one might need some additional GUI/settings to make it work for everyone (number of logistics slots to use, quickbars to check? )
I'll probably add it some time after 0.13 hits
Actually the one that bugs me the worst is I have it set to always keep a stack of construction bots in my inventory for my personal roboports, but when I go send them out to build something, the logistic bots bring me another stack while they're out, and then immediately turn around and take them back when the original ones return, because now I'm over-count, and autotrash kicks in!

Yeah, auto-quickbar is a little more complex - it would be nice to do all the bars, but that would then basically require expanded logistic slots. I think only auto-refreshing the first bar would be a good balance, and the first bar is already special anyway (it's the only one that gets keybinds, so it's also most likely to contain the stuff you're using most actively). This would take at most 10 logistic slots (if you set filters on your whole bar). One more reason to look forward to 0.13 I guess?

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x|0.13]AutoTrash 0.0.56

Post by Choumiko »

Updated to AutoTrash 0.5.56 for Factorio 0.13
  • updated for 0.13
  • added german translation
  • added hebrew translation

justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Okay, I might be crazy for this one, but: How about auto-trash everything from my main inventory (not quickbar or cursor), unless it's requested?

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Updated to AutoTrash 0.1.0
  • added hotkeys to toggle pause for Autotrash/Requests (Shift+P/Shift+O by default)
justarandomgeek wrote:Okay, I might be crazy for this one, but: How about auto-trash everything from my main inventory (not quickbar or cursor), unless it's requested?
Hmm, should be fairly simple i guess. But personal construction bots go into the main inventory when the quickbar is full right? If so it will need an exception to never trash the amount of construction bots your suit can support?

justarandomgeek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Choumiko wrote:Updated to AutoTrash 0.1.0
justarandomgeek wrote:Okay, I might be crazy for this one, but: How about auto-trash everything from my main inventory (not quickbar or cursor), unless it's requested?
Hmm, should be fairly simple i guess. But personal construction bots go into the main inventory when the quickbar is full right? If so it will need an exception to never trash the amount of construction bots your suit can support?
I tend to have a request bots anyway, so that's no problem ;) I kinda assumed it would be the default autotrash value (instead of "ignore) for anything that didn't already have a trash rule or logistics rule controlling it. Maybe it should be "Autotrash All Above N" though, rather than just "Autotrash All" though. This way, you could set it to 50 and autotrash anything you have more than a stack(ish) of, unless you have a specific trash rule to get rid of it, or a request to get more of it. And when I just want all the crap gone, I can set it to 0 and only have what I've requested (with modded extra request slots...)

Return to “Mods”