[MOD 1.1] Natural Evolution - All things Alien!

Topics and discussion about specific mods
orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Natural Evolution - All things Alien! - 5.0.5

Post by orzelek »

I took a quick look in the code and there is something trange with this error.

Technically player object exists and it's connected flag is correct but player.character is most likely invalid. Not sure what check would be needed for that - might be enough to check if player.character is valid in line 137. I have no means to test this tho so it's a bit of a guess.

You would need to change line 137 to this:

Code: Select all

if player.connected and player.character.valid then
and then try to test it by reproducing the issue.

dreadxx990
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dreadxx990 »

orzelek wrote:I took a quick look in the code and there is something trange with this error.

Technically player object exists and it's connected flag is correct but player.character is most likely invalid. Not sure what check would be needed for that - might be enough to check if player.character is valid in line 137. I have no means to test this tho so it's a bit of a guess.

You would need to change line 137 to this:

if player.connected and player.character.valid then
and then try to test it by reproducing the issue.
It seem working and successfully, thank you Orzelek.

:D

Ringkeeper
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ringkeeper »

Activating the mod late in the game is a baaaad idea :D Specially, when you forgot to install all modules and only had the first module installed....
i activated the other 2 when my evolution was on 90% .... 30 seconds later my base was pretty much gone :D

Even 3 rows of laser at a kinda small gap (24 laser in total) couldn't stop the waves of advanced, mutated aliens. They just rushed through. :D Was funny to watch. Now i have to figure out, how to stop them before i activate the third module again..... maybe first clear the hundreds of bases in reach of my pollution, that i kinda ignored so far^^

Vazan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Vazan »

Hello , for start ur mod is really Awesome :) but since the update 0.12.25 it's stop working . it's have a trouble with dependency detection and after i almost correct it it's have a trouble of Null value.

Can u help me :) i want to continue to use it because it's really AWESOME !

GrimerX
Inserter
Inserter

Post by GrimerX »

Vazan wrote:Hello , for start ur mod is really Awesome :) but since the update 0.12.25 it's stop working . it's have a trouble with dependency detection and after i almost correct it it's have a trouble of Null value.

Can u help me :) i want to continue to use it because it's really AWESOME !
You need to unzip the mod and edit info.json - Factorio looks to have gotten more strict with it's token parsing.

SupremeWarfare >= 1.0.5"]
^ Make sure you have spaces around >=

mir13
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mir13 »

hi) when i turn on peaceful mode, some bitter atack my base, command
/c game.peaceful_mode = true
/c game.forces['enemy'].kill_all_units()
not help... heeeelp me))

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

mir13 wrote:hi) when i turn on peaceful mode, some bitter atack my base, command
not help... heeeelp me))
I'd say that paceful mode is not compatible with this mod. It means to make enemies more dangerous.
Those enemies might be spawned or directed by mod itself - they won't respect that setting then.

Thronwen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Thronwen »

Hey there,

with the latest release the evolution factors are the same as in vanilla.
I fixed that by simply removing the part, that checks for dytech in the Expansion module:

---- Evolution Modifications ----------------------------------
if NEConfig.EvolutionFactor then
 	--if NEConfig.mod.DyTechWar and NEConfig.DyTechWar_Evo_override then <---- the if clause seems wrong
		-- TIME: Only 75% of vanilla
		-- percentual increase in the evolve factor for every second (60 ticks). Default = 0.000004
		data.raw["map-settings"]["map-settings"]["enemy_evolution"].time_factor = 0.000003

-- POLLUTION: Four times the vanilla Pollution Evolution, so don't pollute!
		-- percentual increase in the evolve factor for 1000 PU. Default = 0.000015          
		data.raw["map-settings"]["map-settings"]["enemy_evolution"].pollution_factor = 0.00006

-- KILLING EMENY SPAWNERS: 10% of vanilla. You are going to kill a lot more bases...
		-- percentual increase in the evolve factor for every destroyed spawner. Default = 0.002
		data.raw["map-settings"]["map-settings"]["enemy_evolution"].destroy_factor = 0.0002

--end
end
It seems the if clause is not returning the right result without dytech installed.
Just wanted to let you know.

Greetings,
Thronwen

WhatTheDuck
Inserter
Inserter

Post by WhatTheDuck »

Thronwen wrote:Hey there,

with the latest release the evolution factors are the same as in vanilla.
I fixed that by simply removing the part, that checks for dytech in the Expansion module:

--if NEConfig.mod.DyTechWar and NEConfig.DyTechWar_Evo_override then <---- the if clause seems wrong
		-- percentual increase in the evolve factor for every second (60 ticks). Default = 0.000004
		data.raw["map-settings"]["map-settings"]["enemy_evolution"].time_factor = 0.000003

data.raw["map-settings"]["map-settings"]["enemy_evolution"].pollution_factor = 0.00006

-- KILLING EMENY SPAWNERS: 10% of vanilla. You are going to kill a lot more bases...
		-- percentual increase in the evolve factor for every destroyed spawner. Default = 0.002
		data.raw["map-settings"]["map-settings"]["enemy_evolution"].destroy_factor = 0.0002

--end
end
It seems the if clause is not returning the right result without dytech installed.
Just wanted to let you know.

Greetings,
Thronwen
Can someone confirm this? How can i check ingame which rates are active? Does i have to delete the data-final-fixes.lua or modify something in the file?
Thx for help

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

It does look a bit strange indeed and that file is only one that checks if EvolutionFactor changes are active.

You need to change it to whats posted above - there are two -- added in if line and on the end line near bottom. They remove that condition.

You can use command like this from console to see current value:

/c game.player.print(game.map_settings.enemy_evolution.time_factor)

WhatTheDuck
Inserter
Inserter

Post by WhatTheDuck »

Ok, thx for your answer, but i m still confused, sorry.........

This is his File:

--end
end
and this mine
if NEConfig.mod.DyTechWar and NEConfig.DyTechWar_Evo_override then

end
end
---- END Evolution Modifications ----------------------------------

*2 Minutes later*

ah i got it now :D, i don't know much about programming and didnt got it that you mean "--" when you wrote "--". Just thought its a random part of the sentence :D.
So i have to write "--" in front of the "if" and "--" in front of the "end" after thats its not anymore a part of the code its just a part of the description, am i right?

Thx for your help guys : )

donkeystealing
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by donkeystealing »

I have a question, do any of bobs enemies, natural evolution, misanthrope work with each other? I know they do different things with enemies and evolution factor, wondering if there's any compatibility between these?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

donkeystealing wrote:I have a question, do any of bobs enemies, natural evolution, misanthrope work with each other? I know they do different things with enemies and evolution factor, wondering if there's any compatibility between these?
Bobs enemies and natural evolution work without problems. Not sure about misanthrope since I'm not using it.

WhatTheDuck
Inserter
Inserter

Post by WhatTheDuck »

donkeystealing wrote:I have a question, do any of bobs enemies, natural evolution, misanthrope work with each other? I know they do different things with enemies and evolution factor, wondering if there's any compatibility between these?
I tested misanthrope first and play now with natural evolution, in my opinion N.E. is better. I wouldnt mixed both of them, even if it would work, because that throw up the balancing. And misanthrope is really bad if you use RSO, because the enemies will attack your railways and it isnt really enjoyable if you have to defend every square of your train system.
NE is really hard if you are new to the game, a friend and me have 20 hours in one savegame with NE and we are on 50 % evolution and got enough problems to defend and killing enemy bases.NE with bobs work great. Also Supreme Warfare is a nice addition to defend your base, but you have to buff the damage in the mod files, because enemys get buffed through N.E. but the tower of the mod doesnt.

donkeystealing
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by donkeystealing »

orzelek wrote: Bobs enemies and natural evolution work without problems. Not sure about misanthrope since I'm not using it.
I see, thanks for the answer. And the mod!
WhatTheDuck wrote: I tested misanthrope first and play now with natural evolution, in my opinion N.E. is better. I wouldnt mixed both of them, even if it would work, because that throw up the balancing. And misanthrope is really bad if you use RSO, because the enemies will attack your railways and it isnt really enjoyable if you have to defend every square of your train system.
NE is really hard if you are new to the game, a friend and me have 20 hours in one savegame with NE and we are on 50 % evolution and got enough problems to defend and killing enemy bases.NE with bobs work great. Also Supreme Warfare is a nice addition to defend your base, but you have to buff the damage in the mod files, because enemys get buffed through N.E. but the tower of the mod doesnt.
Thanks for the great explaination. I have less than 15 hours played, and I've been using bobs mods from the start and its been a great learning curve, but want to add another warfare element. I'll use N.E. since it seems better with RSO, bobs mods and balance.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Natural Evolution - All things Alien! - 5.0.6

Post by TheSAguy »

Update to 5.0.6,

I have not played in a long time, but feel the itch coming back.
Made some updates since last release. Thanks to those reporting the bugs and especially those giving the fixes

Fixed the player check reported here - Thanks Orzelek
Fixed mod check reported here - Thanks GrimerX
Fixed expansion check reported here - Thanks FRodrigues42 & Thronwen
Though expansion module should probably not be used with Dytech, since Dytech has it's own evolution settings.

------
orzelek wrote:
mir13 wrote:hi) when i turn on peaceful mode, some bitter atack my base, command
not help... heeeelp me))
I'd say that paceful mode is not compatible with this mod. It means to make enemies more dangerous.
Those enemies might be spawned or directed by mod itself - they won't respect that setting then.
Totally agree with orzelek, why use my mod if you want peaceful biters :)

Murlocking
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Murlocking »

Would this mod be compatible with these mods?

Bob's Enemies
5Dim Mod - Battlefield
Swarm
Rescaled Evolution Factor

Really only want this mod for the small alien artifacts, the other features might be cool too, but I'm not a fan of breeding aliens race. :D

Do you have a smaller mod with just the small alien artifacts?
I'm really interested!

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Murlocking wrote:Would this mod be compatible with these mods?

Bob's Enemies
5Dim Mod - Battlefield
Swarm
Rescaled Evolution Factor
Swarm is compatible:
Supercheese wrote:Swarm also supports the following:

wzzl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by wzzl »

Hi there, I am using your mod, in concordance with a couple of others. So to balance things out I have started tweaking some values in the natural evolution expansion mod, e.g. the values for pollution evolution etc. I also found that biters were expanding too close to my base so i started experimenting with the variables that govern this. In the control.lua file I found the 'phases' which correspond with the settings in a particula evolution factor interval. I set the variable NE_Min_Player_Base_Distance to 10 (in my current evolution phase) in the expectation that biters would only expand further than 10 chunks out of my base. I was surprised to see the following: (See next post)

As you can see this new base is at most like 6 chunks away. Am I misunderstanding how this variable works? Or is the distance calculated from like the centre of your 'base'?
Last edited by wzzl on Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wzzl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by wzzl »

Corresponding picture which I could not add to my first post

Return to “Mods”