• Add links
  • Possible code
  • Respect the rules

Doublespin
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Cursed Suggestions

Post by Doublespin »

I seperated the talent point crafting into 3 diffrent groups.
One group for the creating of Tier 1
One for upgrading a lower tier to a higher one
One for downgrading a higher tier to a lower one.

Additional I added a more specific order.
Even though the order system is random this gives a better overview. Mabe you want to add it to your mod?
Changes
I'm not a native speaker (obviously), so I will appreciate every pm with corrections :)

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

First, thanks you for a good use of this forum :)
Doublespin wrote:I seperated the talent point crafting into 3 diffrent groups.
It's done, for the next update, a great idea.
Doublespin wrote:Additional I added a more specific order.
I'm using this for recipes

Code: Select all

obj.order = "t" .. i  .. "- ".. j
And this for items

obj.order = "t" .. i
i think isn't random, always have 1,2,3,4,5,6 in the same order, this with version >= 0.4
But if you see the talents with another order, please tell me, maybe i'm changing in other side.

Doublespin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Doublespin »

I'm glad you like it :D

I ordered with "a-a",... but i couldnt get the right order :)
The order "a", "b", "c", "d","e","f" for the talent parts are changing sometimes :) so i get a random order ingame and i really dont know why :D
Maybe the numbers work better?
I'm not a native speaker (obviously), so I will appreciate every pm with corrections :)

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

Doublespin wrote:I'm glad you like it :D

I ordered with "a-a",... but i couldnt get the right order :)
The order "a", "b", "c", "d","e","f" for the talent parts are changing sometimes :) so i get a random order ingame and i really dont know why :D
Maybe the numbers work better?
yep, i'm using numbers, i and j are like variables, my function to create talent parts is something like this:

for i = 1, 6 do
	local obj = util.table.deepcopy(data.raw["recipe"]["basic-oil-processing"])
	obj.name = "cursed-talent-part-" .. i
	obj.icon = nil
	obj.category = "crafting"
	obj.enabled = "true"
	obj.energy_required = 5
	obj.ingredients = {type = "item", "cursed-heart", 4 }
	obj.results = { type = "item", name = "cursed-talent-part-" .. i, amount = 1 }
	obj.subgroup = nil
	obj.order = "tp" .. i
	data.raw[obj.type][obj.name] = obj
end
The order is tp1 - tp2 - tp3 - tp4 - tp5 - tp6
But you're right, i saw 1 or 2 times talents 2,3 and 4,5 swapped, but maybe is a little error.

Qcor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Qcor »

Just an observation:
In recent versions you significantly buffed fishers, which is cool but at the same time it made tree farms look rly bad in terms of efficiency.
You might consider balancing them as well.

varn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by varn »

Qcor wrote:Just an observation:
In recent versions you significantly buffed fishers, which is cool but at the same time it made tree farms look rly bad in terms of efficiency.
Agreed, after 0.4 I haven't even built a cursed tree farm, not worth it... The crafting speed of the seeds is also pretty bad, I had a few farms with fertilizer and you need 2 blue assembling machines to feed enough seeds into one farm(didn't have access to speed modules or better assembling machines yet)

Tim2162286
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tim2162286 »

Not quite sure how you determined this number, but the cursed walls appear to only go 16 units in each direction regardless of its level (i had a lv 3, went up to lv 10 and still could not make it go farther.) it should beable to atleast go more than 16 blocks in a direction at higher levels IMO.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

I can't edit trees with actual TreeFarm, but i can remove glob.tf.seedPrototypes["cursed-tree"] and add again...
Now randomGrowingTime 1/4, basicGrowingTime 1/2 and fertilizerBoost 6/5
EDIT:
No, i can't! i can't modify a variable of other mod...?
varn wrote:The crafting speed of the seeds is also pretty bad, I had a few farms with fertilizer and you need 2 blue assembling machines to feed enough seeds into one farm(didn't have access to speed modules or better assembling machines yet)
That time is because you don't "make" a seed, is like stay germling with blood and the germling absorbs the blood, corrupting this seed... but ok, energy_required is 1/3 now (i think 1 seed every 5 seconds)
Tim2162286 wrote:Not quite sure how you determined this number, but the cursed walls appear to only go 16 units in each direction regardless of its level (i had a lv 3, went up to lv 10 and still could not make it go farther.) it should beable to atleast go more than 16 blocks in a direction at higher levels IMO.
I've thought about this, but isn't funny change your walls every level upgrade, or wait some lvls to close your wall.

Tim2162286
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tim2162286 »

L0771 wrote:
I can't edit trees with actual TreeFarm, but i can remove glob.tf.seedPrototypes["cursed-tree"] and add again...
Now randomGrowingTime 1/4, basicGrowingTime 1/2 and fertilizerBoost 6/5
EDIT:
No, i can't! i can't modify a variable of other mod...?
May not be what you want, but i halved the blood output and blood cost of cursed hearts (to make crafting talent parts a viable option of crafting talents again), and then increased the numbers of hearts you get from cursed trees to five (each tree can make one new tree and one talent part)
[quote="L0771"
Tim2162286 wrote:Not quite sure how you determined this number, but the cursed walls appear to only go 16 units in each direction regardless of its level (i had a lv 3, went up to lv 10 and still could not make it go farther.) it should beable to at least go more than 16 blocks in a direction at higher levels IMO.
I've thought about this, but isn't funny change your walls every level upgrade, or wait some lvls to close your wall.[/quote]
Ah, i forgot, changing the entity would completely reset the associated walls, or cause a crash. however,my main issue was that the walls had a hard coded 16 block limit. Only going 16 walls in each direction seems low to me considering that many bases require upwards of 1000 walls to completely enclose. also, the cursed walls dont join to normal stone walls due to them being a pipe type and not a wall type. this left a gap large enough for the player(so i assume biters as well) to walk through. i found a workable but not good solution by increasing the collision box to ((-.31,.-.31)(.31,.31)), but this caused issues with the texture breaking when you retracted a wall. specifically, it would create places where the walls wouldn't visually connect together.

As for the cursed heart re-balancing i did, in version 3.x, talent 1's required either 100 blood or 1 of each talent part. each talent part cost 4 cursed hearts at 2.5 blood each for 10 blood per talent part, costing 60 blood total for a talent. with 4.1, using talent parts still require 60 blood each, but just using blood only requires 50, making it impractical to use a talent part factory which requires significantly more space. also, increasing the heart output of cursed trees is a simple way to make tree farms useful again for thing other than creating pollution.

Qcor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Qcor »

The idea of walls is rly nice but I agree that 16 is MUCH too low to be of any practical use. Bases are just too big for that.
I'd love to use them but they leave a gap near water and other walls and that is a serious downside :( Another downside is that you cant move them without loosing all mass.
Upside is that they regen but .. well.. IMHO it's not rly good enough reason to use them considering above.

Tim2162286
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tim2162286 »

Tim2162286 wrote: also, the cursed walls dont join to normal stone walls due to them being a pipe type and not a wall type. this left a gap large enough for the player(so i assume biters as well) to walk through. i found a workable but not good solution by increasing the collision box to ((-.31,.-.31)(.31,.31)), but this caused issues with the texture breaking when you retracted a wall. specifically, it would create places where the walls wouldn't visually connect together.
Picture

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

Tim2162286 wrote:May not be what you want, but i halved the blood output and blood cost of cursed hearts (to make crafting talent parts a viable option of crafting talents again), and then increased the numbers of hearts you get from cursed trees to five (each tree can make one new tree and one talent part)
But it don't work with treefarm.
Tim2162286 wrote:Ah, i forgot, changing the entity would completely reset the associated walls, or cause a crash. however,my main issue was that the walls had a hard coded 16 block limit. Only going 16 walls in each direction seems low to me considering that many bases require upwards of 1000 walls to completely enclose.
Ok, i'll do something with this for the next update.
Tim2162286 wrote:also, the cursed walls dont join to normal stone walls due to them being a pipe type and not a wall type. this left a gap large enough for the player(so i assume biters as well) to walk through. i found a workable but not good solution by increasing the collision box to ((-.31,.-.31)(.31,.31)), but this caused issues with the texture breaking when you retracted a wall. specifically, it would create places where the walls wouldn't visually connect together.
Ok, this is a bug, it will be solved in the next update, i'll upload in a few hours.
Tim2162286 wrote:As for the cursed heart re-balancing i did, in version 3.x, talent 1's required either 100 blood or 1 of each talent part. each talent part cost 4 cursed hearts at 2.5 blood each for 10 blood per talent part, costing 60 blood total for a talent. with 4.1, using talent parts still require 60 blood each, but just using blood only requires 50, making it impractical to use a talent part factory which requires significantly more space. also, increasing the heart output of cursed trees is a simple way to make tree farms useful again for thing other than creating pollution.
Ok, now, you need 6 parts of 4 hearts each = 24 hearts
every heart need 1l of blood = 24 litres of blood with trees for 1 talent and you can farm where you want
for a blood talent is 50 litres and you need a place with 5x5 with connection with hearth.
I think with a reduction of time production of trees, is balanced :d
Qcor wrote:The idea of walls is rly nice but I agree that 16 is MUCH too low to be of any practical use. Bases are just too big for that.
What is "big" for you, a number, how many walls you need for every side?
Tim2162286 wrote:
Picture
This is a big problem, is this a wall created by gui or is just a wall created by console?
This wall, are just pipes, if you can connect this wall with a sistem of really big storage tanks, your wall will be irrompible, for this i've created every possible connection and every pipe is destroyed and rebuilded if a cursed wall is builded close, if this is a wall builded by gui, this function don't work correctly.

Qcor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Qcor »

"Big" base is ofc hard to define.. it's more of a personal preference.
I took a rough measurement of my current base and it's about 140x160. That means minimum ~20 walls, depending on how you do the corners, and that is just to encase tightly current buildings.

What is maybe even more important here is the fact that you lose your mass when moving your walls so naturally you'd want to build it quite a bit larger to have a room for expansion.
So in the end I'd probably need at least 24-28...that's a loooooot of T3 (not sure about formula here so no calculations this time :) )

Tim2162286
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tim2162286 »

L0771 wrote:
Tim2162286 wrote:May not be what you want, but i halved the blood output and blood cost of cursed hearts (to make crafting talent parts a viable option of crafting talents again), and then increased the numbers of hearts you get from cursed trees to five (each tree can make one new tree and one talent part)
But it don't work with treefarm.
yes it does. when your code checks to see if the cursed tree is mature, i just set tree. minable_count = 5 in the if statement, and move the tree.minable_count = 1 that you had origionaly above the if statement. (sorry, i am useing a diferent computer right now, so i cant past the code i had. will post later.)
L0771 wrote:
Tim2162286 wrote:Ah, i forgot, changing the entity would completely reset the associated walls, or cause a crash. however,my main issue was that the walls had a hard coded 16 block limit. Only going 16 walls in each direction seems low to me considering that many bases require upwards of 1000 walls to completely enclose.
Ok, i'll do something with this for the next update.
not quite sure what exactly i was thinking when i wrote this, since the walls and base are separate entities, there should not be any major issues, however it would be difficult to dynamically change the maximum number of walls in a direction per wall base depending on the bases level. in simple terms, just increase the maximum number of walls a base can form in any one direction, but there are currently no major issues.

L0771 wrote:
Tim2162286 wrote:
Picture
This is a big problem, is this a wall created by gui or is just a wall created by console?
This wall, are just pipes, if you can connect this wall with a sistem of really big storage tanks, your wall will be irrompible, for this i've created every possible connection and every pipe is destroyed and rebuilded if a cursed wall is builded close, if this is a wall builded by gui, this function don't work correctly.
this is just built normaly through the cursed GUI.

Notes

1. The wall still works, the break is only in the texture.
2. this only happens when you shrink the wall back down.
3. this only occurs for me because i changed the collision box of the wall so biters couldn't get through the gap between stone and cursed walls.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

Tim2162286 wrote:yes it does. when your code checks to see if the cursed tree is mature, i just set tree. minable_count = 5 in the if statement, and move the tree.minable_count = 1 that you had origionaly above the if statement. (sorry, i am useing a diferent computer right now, so i cant past the code i had. will post later.)
Adding this on line 212 :D

if z == 1 or c == 1 then
						pipe.collision_box[1][2] = -0.49
						pipe.collision_box[2][2] = 0.49
					end
					if x == 1 or v == 1 then
						pipe.collision_box[1][1] = -0.49
						pipe.collision_box[2][1] = 0.49
					end
Tim2162286 wrote:not quite sure what exactly i was thinking when i wrote this, since the walls and base are separate entities, there should not be any major issues, however it would be difficult to dynamically change the maximum number of walls in a direction per wall base depending on the bases level. in simple terms, just increase the maximum number of walls a base can form in any one direction, but there are currently no major issues.
math.floor([wall level] * 0.25 + [upgrade wall talent] * 0.125 + 16)
Unlimited :/
4 lvls = 1 block
8 talents = 1 block (for all walls)
it's ok?

Testing and uploading...
I want modify regen of buildings too and if i can in this hour do the rebuild of turrets, walls and fishers.

EDIT:
testing
Cheats obviously
No one can destroy a wall with 64 bases lvl ~100 :p

Return to “Mods”