[MOD 0.16.x] ShinyBob_0.16.x

Topics and discussion about specific mods
qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.20] ShinyBob_v0.13.5 & v0.14.2

Post by qjm123 »

Hi Nexela, thanks a lot for your apports and contribution. As from now on, if anyone wants to contribute or add something to my mod, I am happy to do so.

The best way to do it, will be by sending me an lua file in this same topic as Nexela did, that will be stored in prototype/nexela-code.lua folder. From there, I will add an true/false variable in my config.lua (use_Nexela_code = true) and that's it. If you need specific code to be added to a certain file, like new categories, just send me an extra file where you tell me what needs to go where, like Nexela just did. Any new icons will be stored in \graphics\icons\othermods as well.

Hope this new 0.14.2 version will work fine without too many bugs. There isn't any 0.14.1 version, but as Inequalitix uploaded an 0.14.1 to the portal mod and got my 0.14.0 updated with his version of 0.14.1 :o , I thought let's this time make sure it won't happen again. Hopefully Inequalitix will upload my new .2 version to the portal mod and everyone will be able to enjoy my mod again with no issues. :D

What is new in 0.14.2, few things were updated, mainly new Tech icons, as fixing few icons that got outdated by Bob's new updates, there are new options in config.lua. I don't like the new solder and solder-plates icons, when back to the old ones, updated zinc-plates and few more things. I have played few hours in 0.14.7, all seems fine but be careful.

Here a pick of some of the old icons vs new icons for technologies, hope you'll like them:

aTeLe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by aTeLe »

Hi I have some questions.

What exactly is your reasoning in changing the tank capacity? I know I can disable it, I'm just curious.

It's been some time since I used Bobs mods. I want to play with bobinserters 0.13.3 because I think he has an inserter which can be adjusted through a GUI like the K&L ones and I disabled tons of other inserters in the config because I hate having so many different inserters when I only use like 5 different ones or so. But in an older version I really missed the "express-smart-inserter" and you write in your config that there is no reason to enable it in your config, so is that true? Does Bob have the express smart inserter already?

edit: I'm trying to run your version 0.13.5 for factorio 0.13 and it crashes with this in the log:

6.698 Loading mod ShinyBob 0.13.5 (data-updates.lua)
6.709 Script technology-functions.lua:152: Technology radar-1 does not exist.
6.709 Script technology-functions.lua:131: Technology radar-1 does not exist.
6.709 Script technology-functions.lua:131: Technology radar-3 does not exist.
6.709 Script technology-functions.lua:131: Technology radar-4 does not exist.
6.809 Error Util.cpp:57: Failed to load mod "ShinyBob 0.13.5"
__ShinyBob__/prototypes/addon-functions.lua:402: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

edit2: Oh there is a solution on the page before this one.

edit3: btw your drop box is really really slow. Sownloading from there is a hassle and the pictures here in the forums take ages to load. It would be great if you use a different service.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

aTeLe wrote:Hi I have some questions.
It's been some time since I used Bobs mods. I want to play with bobinserters 0.13.3 because I think he has an inserter which can be adjusted through a GUI like the K&L ones and I disabled tons of other inserters in the config because I hate having so many different inserters when I only use like 5 different ones or so. But in an older version I really missed the "express-smart-inserter" and you write in your config that there is no reason to enable it in your config, so is that true? Does Bob have the express smart inserter already?

Bobs only has about 10 inserters total now all ranges etc are done with the gui

inserter
long inserter
fast inserter

filter inserter
stack inserter
filter stack inserter

(bobs)
express
express filter
express stack
express filter stack

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Also Didn't check the latest version but is the migration file there? Watching Steejo's playthrough and after he re-enabled Shinybobs he didn't have the compact sodium hydroxide recipe learned even though he had tech.

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.20] ShinyBob_v0.13.6 & v0.14.3

Post by qjm123 »

aTeLe wrote:Hi I have some questions.

What exactly is your reasoning in changing the tank capacity? I know I can disable it, I'm just curious.

edit: I'm trying to run your version 0.13.5 for factorio 0.13 and it crashes with this in the log:

6.698 Loading mod ShinyBob 0.13.5 (data-updates.lua)
6.709 Script technology-functions.lua:131: Technology radar-1 does not exist.
6.709 Script technology-functions.lua:131: Technology radar-3 does not exist.
6.709 Script technology-functions.lua:131: Technology radar-4 does not exist.
6.809 Error Util.cpp:57: Failed to load mod "ShinyBob 0.13.5"
__ShinyBob__/prototypes/addon-functions.lua:402: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

edit2: Oh there is a solution on the page before this one.

edit3: btw your drop box is really really slow. Sownloading from there is a hassle and the pictures here in the forums take ages to load. It would be great if you use a different service.
Hi aTeLe, thanks for the feedback, about the capacity, well that's the reason why I first started with my mod, it was only a mod to have bigger chests (extrachests mod) and bigger storage-tanks, I didn't know how the game was really working and all the intricacies about Factorio/bob's mod. I used to just find myself short in space, too small chests and not enough space in tanks to allow my factories to work properly when it was actually my own fault for not understanding ratios and how to make it work! :D And now look at my mod! :D

Bob's has updated all his inserters and now in version 0.14 there are almost perfect, I am not adding anything any more, just updating graphics to make it easy to see what they are, the darker the faster they go. You should probably update to 0.14 as I think now things are alright. Some new recipes I am not convinced yet, but with time I am sure I will otherwise I will update them to my liking ;-)

About that error with radars, yes, sorry I forgot to fix it in 0.13.5, it was fixed in 0.14.2 though, here is 0.13.6 fixing that issue if you want to keep using factorio_0.13 https://www.dropbox.com/s/slt1fq640szxl ... 6.zip?dl=1

About Dropbox, sorry I do not have any other place to post them really :? My google account is full with my own stuff and I don't know any other place, factorio website is really slow for me to upload things and I don't understand why either :oops:

And here is the 0.14.3 with an migration script https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbczi8jnvlmam ... 3.zip?dl=1 I must say I hate those scripts as I don't understand how they work or when they are run or whatever, I think it will work and fix Steejo play, at least I hope otherwise I can already hear him "F***ing at me" next video! :D :D :D I must say that when I saw it this afternoon I felt really bad with myself as that was my fault he couldn't find my compress-sodium-hydroxide recipe :oops:

As well, mention that I've updated drills graphics thanks to Taehl and his fantastic IconFix mod as he kindly agreed for me to use some of his icons, more will come in next updates.

Inequalitix
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Inequalitix »

Sorry about the delay. The mod should be on the mod portal now.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Lots of awesome graphics again! Also the Nexela-code file is awesome (will also make it easier to add my special changes in every time you update) Here are some bug fixes and and updated nexela-code file.

Also Are Laser turret item icons on your list to be Shined? :)

Error Bug with Laser Beam Turrets Mod - Fix below to not allow change to laser turret projectile if Laser Beam Turrets is installed.
addon-functions-bobs.lua
Migration script won't run, it is named incorrectly (needs to be named same as the mod, also has some potential logic issues (recipe or tech might not existing causing script crash) modified migration file for next version below.
ShinyBob_0.14.4
Cleaned up some of the nexela-code, added more comments and comment categories to easily see what everything is doing, added in some small stuff I missed.
nexela-code.lua
Last edited by Nexela on Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DUMBHA
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DUMBHA »

Huh. Getting this error when trying to startup with the mod https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8CgG ... 2RvbldxVk0
I got no clue what is causing it :?

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Are you using all of bobs mods? are they updated? and can you post your mod list. Also post your log

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

As I am getting my mod updated to include all the updates from Nexela, thank you so much for your immense help here! I justo got this same issue! It is a problem with the last update of beltSorter_0.3.1 or auto-research_1.0.1, nothing to do with my mod I think, but with Bob's library, beltSorter or auto-research, as removing both of them make Factorio run, with them even without my mod, it won't run. :?

My 0.14.4 coming in few hours, I hope.

Thanks Inequalitix for the update to the portal and no worries, whenever you can, that's alright. I think people that use my mod knows that they have to come here to grab it by now :lol:

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

The error is from belt sorter. It is overwriting the log function with a table :)

https://github.com/judos/beltSorter/issues/14

Should be fixed soon by the looks of it :)

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Also slight update to nexela-code above, I forgot to put in the correct category name, Won't be any problem if it doesn't make it into the next update.

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.20] ShinyBob_v0.13.6 & v0.14.4

Post by qjm123 »

I've checked your updated post but I was unable to see what you've changed since your original post :? And because of that I couldn't include them. I've updated few things from your scripts as I am not fully sold on few of your options, others yes, but some not.

I hope you're okay as how I've handled them. I've even added my old nickel-sulfuric-acid recipe back if yours is on to ensure we can see that recipe in the plates menu too. I understand your thinking with the ammo revamp, but as I don't use them too much, once I get there (to have all tech researched and those ammos available) I don't find the need to deal with that ammo any longer, what I need and want it's a clean an shorted menu instead :lol: Don't care so much where that ammo ends up in my inventory as I am not using it! 8-) but do not fear, as there is an option for you to activated them added in config.lua ;)

Version 0.14.4 https://www.dropbox.com/s/a1ct8js2xveol ... 4.zip?dl=1

Turret icons updated again, as usual, config.lua is there to allow preferences.

But thanks again for you help, it is nice to know that if I make a mistake someone is there to check it out and fix it :)

Inequalitix
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Inequalitix »

I have noticed that you have not integrated my graphic compression into your main release. Why is this? I feel as though most textures remain largely unmodified to the naked eye by my changes.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

qjm123 wrote:I've checked your updated post but I was unable to see what you've changed since your original post :? And because of that I couldn't include them.
I still had the old category for flow control stuff. Since that category doesn't exist the items just won't get moved.
qjm123 wrote:I hope you're okay as how I've handled them. I've even added my old nickel-sulfuric-acid recipe back if yours is on to ensure we can see that recipe in the plates menu too.
Handled perfectly.
qjm123 wrote:I understand your thinking with the ammo revamp
The ammo revamp keeps them in the ammo category just moves the three artillery shells next to each other since they can only be used in bob's tanks currently

Have you given any thought to using github?. Would make it easier to see changes/differences and Inequalitix could build a release from there whenever you tag a new release.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Potential bugs with new_plates_graphics, fixes and comments below, will only error if new_plates_graphics is false so no need to rush the fix unless people really turn this option off :)
data-updates.lua

DUMBHA
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DUMBHA »

Alright newest update fixed my error. thanks for the update :D

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.20] ShinyBob_v0.13.6 & v0.14.5

Post by qjm123 »

Hi Inequalitix, I think it is just because I am dumb as hell and my memory is somehow as short as Dory's in Nemo :oops: No other explanation to be honest :D Thanks again for the update in the portal mods. If you tell me what or how you do your compression that is really good, I could do it myself too for every new release though.

Nexela, yes, my "new icons" aren't that new, I have badly implemented and explained it, sorry! :oops: I hate the new solder and solder-plates design. I've changed the config.lua option to look like this:

Code: Select all

new_plates_graphics = "1"  	-- default = "0" (will keep new Bob's mod design for plates) -- = "1" it will add a new design for zinc-plates and old designs for solder and solder plates, the way I like it :p -- = "2" it will go back to 0.13 designs
And yes, there was an error in the zinc-plate area, I forgot to update and remove the -old from the file .png when moving them from plates to old-icons folder. Thanks for spotting that one out.

About github, I wouldn't mind to have a look at it, right now I don't have a clue how it works and how to use it that's why.

0.14.5: https://www.dropbox.com/s/krzcz53xxnie6 ... 5.zip?dl=0

Fixing those few things and changing all graphics for those from Inequalitix.

Inequalitix
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Inequalitix »

Is it possible to disable the item tab sorting? I usually prefer to use either the default sorting or mods like Zythum, and as of now, the only way I have found to get around this is to add ShinyBob itself as a dependency to the sorting mod.

qjm123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qjm123 »

Inequalitix wrote:Is it possible to disable the item tab sorting? I usually prefer to use either the default sorting or mods like Zythum, and as of now, the only way I have found to get around this is to add ShinyBob itself as a dependency to the sorting mod.
Really good point Inequalitix, with next update I will add an true/false flag in config.lua for the sorting part thanks again.

Return to “Mods”