[0.15.21] Best bug ever, get better refinerys for free

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.15.21] Best bug ever, get better refinerys for free

Post by nuhll »

Hi,
i found a funny bug.

steps to reproduce:

1. build 1 "gas refinery"
2. build it on the ground
3. remove it
4. voila! You have an "advanced gas rafinery" in your backpack :)

Found it because i was tryin to find out how to do plastic, after i finished i want to scale it bigger, but couldnt find "advanced gas rafinery".... then i thought, build the normal one, needed to rearange it... and voila! Works everytime.

But its shit, becasue the advanced seems to be worser...? Double bug? :D (slower more polution)

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.15.21] Best bug ever, get better refinerys for free

Post by ukezi »

the advanced has one in- and one output more.

marginoferror
Inserter
Inserter

Post by marginoferror »

I noticed this too. Presumably the gas refinery has the wrong pickup item in the files or there's a name conflict.

wlfbck
Inserter
Inserter

Post by wlfbck »

There's also another bug in that regard: The Gas Refinery MK2 has all inlets and outlets one further out (in the air basically) then needed.

Also the Advanced Gas Refinery is actually worse, Crafting speed of 1 instead of 1.5 (for the Gas Refinery), while also being 6x6 instead of 4x4. (Power consumption is also higher, but who cares)

edit: So the fix for this is relatively simple, all changes in angelspetrochem_0.5.9\prototypes\buildings\gas-refinery.lua :

Change line 19 to

Code: Select all

minable = {mining_time = 1, result = "gas-refinery-small"},
Change lines 134/135 and 245/46 and 356/357 to

Code: Select all

collision_box = {{-2.4, -2.4}, {2.4, 2.4}},
    selection_box = {{-2.5, -2.5}, {2.5, 2.5}},
Replace the "4"s and "-4"s in lines 195, 201, 207, 213 and 306, 312, 318, 324 and 417, 423, 429 and 435 with "3" and "-3" respectively.

Exasperation
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Exasperation »

wlfbck wrote:Also the Advanced Gas Refinery is actually worse, Crafting speed of 1 instead of 1.5 (for the Gas Refinery), while also being 6x6 instead of 4x4. (Power consumption is also higher, but who cares)
This part isn't a bug; it's like the chemical plant/advanced chemical plant. The simple version is smaller, faster, and more efficient but can't handle the more complex (i.e. advanced) recipes. In particular, if you look at the Advanced Gas Processing tech, the recipes it unlocks can only be performed by the Advanced Gas Refineries.

Daemoria
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Daemoria »

Thanks for that fix, @wlfbck! It worked perfectly (once I replaced *all* the collision entries, not just the first one. :roll: )

wlfbck
Inserter
Inserter

Post by wlfbck »

Exasperation wrote:
wlfbck wrote:Also the Advanced Gas Refinery is actually worse, Crafting speed of 1 instead of 1.5 (for the Gas Refinery), while also being 6x6 instead of 4x4. (Power consumption is also higher, but who cares)
This part isn't a bug; it's like the chemical plant/advanced chemical plant. The simple version is smaller, faster, and more efficient but can't handle the more complex (i.e. advanced) recipes. In particular, if you look at the Advanced Gas Processing tech, the recipes it unlocks can only be performed by the Advanced Gas Refineries.
I see. But for me it's more like "god i have to use that shitty slow and way too large plant again" ;)

@Daemoria: happy to help!

Eyl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Eyl »

Yep, I found this out myself as well yesterday, I was so confused as to why one was bigger than the other one when I was moving them!

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Should be fixed with yesterdays update :P

Return to “Angels Mods”