Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by mexmer »

seems there are some resource strings missing, i will add others to this post, if i encounter them. unless there is better place to report.

recipe-name.salt-water-electrolysis2
recipe-name.water-thermal-lithia

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Timeslice »

Angel's Processing forces the additional alien artifacts from Bob's mods even if they are disabled in the Bob's config.

Code: Select all

bobmods.config.enemies.EnableNewArtifacts = false

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Timeslice »

Angel's Processing allows you to craft bob's synthetic wood, but doesn't unlock the bob's recipes which use the synthetic wood (such as the basic board).

Atria
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Atria »

I'm using Angel's Refining version 0.3.0 and on startup i get error: "Error in assignID, resource-category with name "angels-fissure" does not exists. And when I remove require("prototypes.buildings.thermal-extractor") new error saying that subgroup "angels-ores" is missing. Any idea when will be released stable version for 0.14?

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

Atria wrote:I'm using Angel's Refining version 0.3.0 and on startup i get error: "Error in assignID, resource-category with name "angels-fissure" does not exists. And when I remove require("prototypes.buildings.thermal-extractor") new error saying that subgroup "angels-ores" is missing. Any idea when will be released stable version for 0.14?
You are missing angels infinite ore, the fissure is in there.

If you don't want the "infinite" part of this mod, you can disable it in config or put a trigger mod which is in the download page for infinite ore in this subforum.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Timeslice »

It really should be renamed Angel's Ores. I too skipped it originally because I didn't want infinite ores. And so got the error mentioned above.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

I second this change and the trigger mod could be angels-infinite-ores which will enable infinite versions of the ores

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

I'm playing with this and bobs mods. I can't find anything that uses Saline Water. There is a recipe for the chemical furnace that takes in normal water and output salt, but nothing for saline water. I also can't void it so I've had to resort to steam engines. It seems like a bug that a recipe is missing.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Saline water is needed in salt water electrolysis.
Salt water electrolysis.png
Salt water electrolysis.png (585.66 KiB) Viewed 6416 times
You need water treatment research for that.
Water treatment.png
Water treatment.png (159.44 KiB) Viewed 6416 times

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Thanks steinio that helped me track down a problem.

I had water treatment researched. From the tech screen I could see the salt water electrolysis recipe. In the 'e' menu, the recipe was not in the 'bobs fluids' tab, nor would it appear in the electrolyser recipe list.

I used the console to un-research then re-research water-treatment, and the recipe appeared.

I then went back to a previous save before learning water-treatment the first time. This time the recipe appeared when researched.

I checked the mod list from the previous save and saw that originally all of the bobs mods were enabled except bobs ores (by accident). At some point I had enabled bobs ores, at the time it didn't seem to do anything because Angels Ores / Refining masks most of that. I disabled bobs ores and went back to the old save again, researched water-treatment managed to recreate the problem:

If bobs ores is not enabled then water treatment creates saline water, but you don't get the salt water electrolysis recipe. Even if you switch bobs ores on afterwards still don't get the salt water electrolysis recipe.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Earendel wrote:Thanks steinio that helped me track down a problem.

I had water treatment researched. From the tech screen I could see the salt water electrolysis recipe. In the 'e' menu, the recipe was not in the 'bobs fluids' tab, nor would it appear in the electrolyser recipe list.

I used the console to un-research then re-research water-treatment, and the recipe appeared.

I then went back to a previous save before learning water-treatment the first time. This time the recipe appeared when researched.

I checked the mod list from the previous save and saw that originally all of the bobs mods were enabled except bobs ores (by accident). At some point I had enabled bobs ores, at the time it didn't seem to do anything because Angels Ores / Refining masks most of that. I disabled bobs ores and went back to the old save again, researched water-treatment managed to recreate the problem:

If bobs ores is not enabled then water treatment creates saline water, but you don't get the salt water electrolysis recipe. Even if you switch bobs ores on afterwards still don't get the salt water electrolysis recipe.
That is rather strange because I changed the checks from bobores to bobplates a long time ago, so it should care about bobores, maybe bobplates was disabled as well because it is dependent on bobores, but then again the whole mod wouldn't load in the bobs mode.

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Bobplates was enabled originally. Also I have been able to reproduce it with bobplates enabled.

etcetera
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by etcetera »

How to change the rate of decrease for the infinite ores mod? I prefer a slower style of play but the yield decreases too quickly.

I don't really understand the code so I can't figure out where to change it.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

etcetera wrote:How to change the rate of decrease for the infinite ores mod? I prefer a slower style of play but the yield decreases too quickly.

I don't really understand the code so I can't figure out where to change it.
Unzip the infinite ore mod, there is a config file in the main folder, it has options for yield there.

etcetera
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by etcetera »

Arch666Angel wrote: Unzip the infinite ore mod, there is a config file in the main folder, it has options for yield there.
I looked at that but changing the base yield would affect all patches, making them too high. The goal is to have a longer time before I need to go out looking for more patches, so I would like the rate of change to be lower, not the total yield being increased.

123nick
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by 123nick »

when using petrochem, i spawn with a bunch of items. should i delete control.lua, which seems to be the file that is inserting the items into my inventory on game start?

also, another bug, i think, using your mods and bobs mods, none of the standard resources generate, like iron and copper, just stuff like sapphirite, crotinnium, etc and i dont know which mod gens them- angels ores, or bobs ores, or something else?

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

123nick wrote:when using petrochem, i spawn with a bunch of items. should i delete control.lua, which seems to be the file that is inserting the items into my inventory on game start?
You can safely delete that file. Looks like Angel forgot it :)
123nick wrote:also, another bug, i think, using your mods and bobs mods, none of the standard resources generate, like iron and copper, just stuff like sapphirite, crotinnium, etc and i dont know which mod gens them- angels ores, or bobs ores, or something else?
This is by design, Angel's replaces all of the many ores into 6 ores which can be crushed and refined in many ways to get the desired ores you want. The tooltip when you hover over an ore will tell you what ores it can make. The first one listed is the ore you will get if you directly smelt the crushed version.

123nick
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by 123nick »

Nexela wrote:
123nick wrote:when using petrochem, i spawn with a bunch of items. should i delete control.lua, which seems to be the file that is inserting the items into my inventory on game start?
You can safely delete that file. Looks like Angel forgot it :)
123nick wrote:also, another bug, i think, using your mods and bobs mods, none of the standard resources generate, like iron and copper, just stuff like sapphirite, crotinnium, etc and i dont know which mod gens them- angels ores, or bobs ores, or something else?
This is by design, Angel's replaces all of the many ores into 6 ores which can be crushed and refined in many ways to get the desired ores you want. The tooltip when you hover over an ore will tell you what ores it can make. The first one listed is the ore you will get if you directly smelt the crushed version.
oh, ok. i find that a bit odd- i thought refining would work slightly differently , with the vanilla resources being present to be refined by the machines added in this mod, so more plates per ore mined, or something, like modded minecraft, with the ability to stil outright smelt the ore and not have to fully process it to get plates also available.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

etcetera wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote: Unzip the infinite ore mod, there is a config file in the main folder, it has options for yield there.
I looked at that but changing the base yield would affect all patches, making them too high. The goal is to have a longer time before I need to go out looking for more patches, so I would like the rate of change to be lower, not the total yield being increased.
I did not add an option to do that specifically but you can manipulate that by increasing the "normal" defined in the resource entities by hand

Code: Select all

minimum=300,
	normal=1500,
	maximum=6000,
The lowest yield is determined by dividing normal with minimum, so 1500/300 = 20%. The config option only manipulates the minimum. If you want it to drop slower you need to increase the normal yield, or increase the richness in the generation menu.

etcetera
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by etcetera »

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but it still seems to be decreasing at the same rate when i change the normal. I changed one ore and not the others to have a comparison but as far as I could see the rate was the same between them.

Return to “Angels Mods”