Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Arch666Angel »

jhultgre wrote:Ok then here is the fixed version. Just replace the mods graphics folder with this one.
Should fix the alien artifact and ore processing graphics.

Exporting didn't work for the hydro plant. If i get that fixed I'll upload it later.
Could someone provide me with a list of all the icons and sprite that are broken? I have to re-render them sometime.

makapse
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by makapse »

All the alien artifacts small and normal,ore processing plant, hydro plant , catalysts except brown, i think and technology icons for all ore processing and ingots. I might have missed some but thats the list in my current playthrough and i think i have researched all angel techs

Edit:I dont know if its just a oversight but bobs mod config should also have a recipe to convert processed silicon to powered silicon like all the other powders you have got going for your own alien artifact production cycle.

funnysunnybunny
Inserter
Inserter

Post by funnysunnybunny »

I have this weird bug that all ore refining only gives red and blue geodes so I don't know how to produce those other gems, any help?

makapse
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by makapse »

thats not a bug.It was changed in 2.6 i think. To get the other geodes you need to mine the rock structures on the map to get a tiny amount of the geodes

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Where to use:
1) Many mineralized water - i'm using it to produce algae but i have it too much, really to much - Arch66Angel can u think up new ways to use this type of water?
2) Where to use synthetic wood? - bob mod's now not using synthetic wood - when config option on default synthetic wood is off
3) Any suggestions to find new ways to producing chlorine and oxygen? And i must say I usually have an overabundance of hydrogen from water eclectolysis, it is now my main source of oxygen, I would like to see new ways of production of oxygen
3.1) Where to use big amounts of hydrogen?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

funnysunnybunny
Inserter
Inserter

Post by funnysunnybunny »

ah damn, so no more gems en masse

i have a bug that if i try to run angels infinite ores without refining that it has problems about item conoction about one of bobs ores i think

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

funnysunnybunny wrote:ah damn, so no more gems en masse

i have a bug that if i try to run angels infinite ores without refining that it has problems about item conoction about one of bobs ores i think
You can make gems en masse - just need to liquify geodes, make crystal matrix and crystalize the slurry to any ore you want.

In my current playthrough I have more then quarter million of red and blue geodes each. Thats a lot of gems after processing. Just need to get proper ore mix to make crystal matrices.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Do you have bobconfig mod? Did you disable certain features?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

orzelek wrote:

You can make gems en masse - just need to liquify geodes, make crystal matrix and crystalize the slurry to any ore you want.

In my current playthrough I have more then quarter million of red and blue geodes each. Thats a lot of gems after processing. Just need to get proper ore mix to make crystal matrices.
You have seen the recipe to turn crystal slurry into mineral sludge havent you?

makapse
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by makapse »

aklesey1 wrote:Where to use:
1) Many mineralized water - i'm using it to produce algae but i have it too much, really to much - Arch66Angel can u think up new ways to use this type of water?
2) Where to use synthetic wood? - bob mod's now not using synthetic wood - when config option on default synthetic wood is off
3) Any suggestions to find new ways to producing chlorine and oxygen? And i must say I usually have an overabundance of hydrogen from water eclectolysis, it is now my main source of oxygen, I would like to see new ways of production of oxygen
3.1) Where to use big amounts of hydrogen?
Please post this in the discussion forum not bug one.
1)Do not use mineralised water unless needed.1 clarifier is enough to clear 1 hydros output. I generally use a single hydros output as a algae->cellulose plant fiber thing ->paste with sodium hydroxide and the paste into the cycle that creates 5 small alien artifacts from 1 to support a local final refinement(thermal i think) basic catalyst.Making wood from algae is nonsense with bobs greenhouse and the size it needs and the conversion ratio is plain bad.
2)no idea
3)chlorine is best produced by the salt water from the water purification process and the waste sodium hydroxide is used in above process.You use all the hydrogen you ever produce to make either hydrogen chloride(as its just a building to building connection or use it with coal to produce solid fuels for the steam engines. You always have got the gas vent from bobs too.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I don't want to use clarifier - i simply want to use all what i can produce
Hmmm... may be i need to tell with bobingabout about this synthetic wood - he added this type of wood in his electonics mod, now this wood is off

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Arch666Angel wrote:
orzelek wrote:

You have seen the recipe to turn crystal slurry into mineral sludge havent you?
I did. And it's lost it locale ;)

jhultgre
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jhultgre »

So I think I can get all the images fixed now. My photoshop action ended up saving everything to the same folder instead of the correct ones.

Edit: So I got everything in the right place now and all my icons from processing and refining work. I don't think anything was broken in infinite ores but I exported all those images too.

Arch666Angel I don't think anyone has mentioned that the Thermal Water Extractor was messed up also.
Attachments
angelsfixedgraphics.zip
(25.21 MiB) Downloaded 97 times

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I can't find jivolite - i need it to get gem seeds
Also i can't find crotonium
These 2 ores are very very rare - it's really hard to find them early, the difficulty lies in the fact that i need kill many alines before i can find these 2 ores, its sad :oops:

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

aklesey1 wrote:I can't find jivolite - i need it to get gem seeds
These 2 ores are very very rare - it's really hard to find them early, the difficulty lies in the fact that i need kill many alines before i can find these 2 ores, its sad :oops:

All the ores are of the same "rarity" when using rso and even without it they should spawn on equal basis with the new vanilla settings. The only exception is that crotinium and jivolite wont spawn in the starting area.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Now i have only red and blue geodes, I understand that this is a subtle hint that it's time to produce laser rifles and laser ammo? :lol:

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

aklesey1 wrote:Now i have only red and blue geodes, I understand that this is a subtle hint that it's time to produce laser rifles and laser ammo? :lol:
You can transform them into any gems using liquifying then crystalizing.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Arch666Angel wrote:

All the ores are of the same "rarity" when using rso and even without it they should spawn on equal basis with the new vanilla settings. The only exception is that crotinium and jivolite wont spawn in the starting area.
This is very random. My base is running on jivolite for most of iron ore production but I'm missing saphirite to make gem matrices. And to get some of it I'll need to punch through kinda big biter base.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

orzelek wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:

This is very random. My base is running on jivolite for most of iron ore production but I'm missing saphirite to make gem matrices. And to get some of it I'll need to punch through kinda big biter base.
I could add support/interface call for F.A.I.R. so it can be used to have a more balanced spread of resources, but I have to experiment with that did not have the time to actually check out how it works.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I'm sorry but what is this F.A.I.R. ? This is mod? Programm? Lua script? :?:

Return to “Angels Mods”