Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by steinio »

QuackerJ4ck wrote:Since this mod is fantastic with Bob's; can i recommoned a recipe to improve the tree/wood output of Bobs Treehouses by injecting CO2 in it?
Instead of water?
I find the fertilizer recipe is very efficient.

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

steinio wrote:
QuackerJ4ck wrote:Since this mod is fantastic with Bob's; can i recommoned a recipe to improve the tree/wood output of Bobs Treehouses by injecting CO2 in it?
Instead of water?

Greetings steinio
Indeed. The fertilizer recipe is already there and it works great.

While I'm here, I saw the new tanks mod and thought while big is good, I'd really like a couple of smaller options too. Quite often I want to buffer a little fluid/gas but the smallest tank is the 3x3 2500 unit one. Unlike chests we can't open the storage and shrink the space down either.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Ratzap wrote:
steinio wrote:
Instead of water?

Greetings steinio
Indeed. The fertilizer recipe is already there and it works great.

While I'm here, I saw the new tanks mod and thought while big is good, I'd really like a couple of smaller options too. Quite often I want to buffer a little fluid/gas but the smallest tank is the 3x3 2500 unit one. Unlike chests we can't open the storage and shrink the space down either.
not sure what you mean by "shrink space", but if you mean rebalancing how much fluid is inside, it can be done with valves, pumps and logic circuit.
also if you have overflow of some gas or liquid you can use flares (if you don't need to stock that gas/fluid), combined with overflow valve works well. same with "whatever" water ... having too much? put overflow valve at tank output, and clarifier aftet it

if you not use petrochem mod (therefore don't have flares), just use pump and airvent for gases. and for liquids, turn them into cubes (solid fuel).

overflow valves are my fav, when managing fluids. before that, i needed always change logic circuit, when i upgraded fluid tanks (i mean tanks from bobs mod)

AlexDeluxe
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by AlexDeluxe »

Hello, i face with problem "'Error in assignID, item-subgroup with name 'angels-ores' does not exist"
Plese help
Attachments
factorio-current.log
Latest Logs
(7.38 KiB) Downloaded 81 times

iamwyza
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by iamwyza »

With the new big liquid tank mod, if you already have researched the fluid handling and then add the mod, you don't get the tank as an option to build. Is there a commandline fix for that?

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

AlexDeluxe wrote:Hello, i face with problem "'Error in assignID, item-subgroup with name 'angels-ores' does not exist"
Plese help
do you have angels infite ores mod installed?
if you don't want infinite ore patches, also install angels infirite ore toggle - this will disable "infirnite" flag, so you don't need to edit config file. still all other angels mod require angels infite ores for work.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Suggestion about petrochem mod
Arch666Angel can u make other way of obtaining calcium sulfate?
aklesey1 wrote:How to get fluotrite ore? :( I must say I never paid attention on how to get fluorite ore, but now I decided to examine for that ore
How to get calcium sulfate? I can't get it without fluorite ore - i can get only fluorite by refining 2 jivolite crystals + 2 crotinnium crystals + 2 stiratite crystals + 1 brown catalyst - i repeat - this is not not fluorite ore but only simple fluorite - they even look different - one with pink color and one with light green color - pink fluorite is using in uranium power mod

I think its simple typo in lua code, but i if i'm looking into constant combinator i can see that's 2 different objects in game even if they have similar names
I find it hard to believe that getting the calcium sulаate is difficult - by processing via strange chain with fluorite ore, which has some serious problem in petrochem mod, is it possible to get not only by one way
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

OMG :o
I often like to look inside the constant combinator to watch some game elements
And i found - manganese ore and platinum ore :D now it exists in the forms of materials prepared for the future, but it's still very interesting - beta of smelting mod contains many surprises ;)
Last edited by aklesey1 on Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

aklesey1 wrote:OMG :o
And i found - manganese ore and platinum ores :D now it exists in the forms of materials prepared for the future, but it's still very interesting - beta of smelting mod contains many surprises ;)
they are there for some time, and has been mentioned already :D

AlexDeluxe
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by AlexDeluxe »

mexmer wrote: do you have angels infite ores mod installed?
if you don't want infinite ore patches, also install angels infirite ore toggle - this will disable "infirnite" flag, so you don't need to edit config file. still all other angels mod require angels infite ores for work.
Could you transfer me this mods, please?

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

aklesey1 wrote:OMG :o
And i found - manganese ore and platinum ore :D now it exists in the forms of materials prepared for the future, but it's still very interesting - beta of smelting mod contains many surprises ;)
Yes spotted it also and looking forward what Angel will bring is as new fun.
iamwyza wrote:With the new big liquid tank mod, if you already have researched the fluid handling and then add the mod, you don't get the tank as an option to build. Is there a commandline fix for that?
Here i posted the mod with migration file: viewtopic.php?f=185&t=25468&start=460#p213475

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

NashBridges2
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by NashBridges2 »

aklesey1 wrote:Suggestion about petrochem mod
Arch666Angel can u make other way of obtaining calcium sulfate?

I find it hard to believe that getting the calcium sulаate is difficult - by processing via strange chain with fluorite ore, which has some serious problem in petrochem mod, is it possible to get not only by one way

May be crushed stone + sulfuric acid?

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

NashBridges2 wrote: May be crushed stone + sulfuric acid?
I'm agree, and first it is necessary to consult with Arch666Angel - he is author of his mod

P. S. Hey Arch666Angel tell us who is working under your mods a in your team? I think its really hard to so many hard work under all these in details worked mods 8-)

Breith
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Breith »

aklesey1 wrote:
P. S. Hey Arch666Angel tell us who is working under your mods a in your team? I think its really hard to so many hard work under all these in details worked mods 8-)
This is not already what we do on this forum? Giving feedback and thoughts update after updates.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Сogitations about recipes which will be changed in smelting mod

Lead
In bobplates mod:
In the end of processing chain for lead we could get sulfur dioxide
In angel petrochem:
Lead undergoes the complete purification and we can get pure lead
In the middle of this chain we could get a little count of silver ore

Nickel, here's similar
In bobplates mod:
In the end of processing chain for lead we could get sulfuric acid
In angel petrochem:
Nickel undergoes the complete purification and we can get pure nickel

gheift
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by gheift »

Hi Angel,

when do you plan to enable alloy crafting in your smelting mod?
If you do, may I suggest some adjustments?
Here are some ideas:
  • in the blast-furnace-1 recipe replace the basic-electronic-board with a basic-circuit-board
  • mode tin- & lead-smelting tech to the same level as iron- & copper-smelting and let them only require red science packs
  • make solder-1-smelting tech depending on tin- & lead-smelting only requiring red science packs
  • make steel-smelting tech depending on iron-smelting (currently it is unlocked with advanced metallurgy 1)
  • make ore processing-1 depending on solder-1-smelting
  • make advanced-metallurgy-1 depending on steel-processing
  • make bio-processing-1 depending on basic-chemistry
Thanks for your great mods,
Gerhard

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

There are some things in Petrochems that arent used yet and need to be hidden/deactivated, the calcium sulfate and the fluorite are just some examples.
aklesey1 wrote:
I'm agree, and first it is necessary to consult with Arch666Angel - he is author of his mod

I do work alone on my mods, but there are contributions and help from other on occasion, like the override script Exasperation wrote for me, or the gfx which started me off with refining that yuoki did for me and of course you guys here giving feedback and being my labrats and testing the stuff I cooked up :)
aklesey1 wrote:Сogitations about recipes which will be changed in smelting mod

Lead
In bobplates mod:
In the end of processing chain for lead we could get sulfur dioxide
In angel petrochem:
Lead undergoes the complete purification and we can get pure lead
In the middle of this chain we could get a little count of silver ore

Nickel, here's similar
In bobplates mod:
In the end of processing chain for lead we could get sulfuric acid
In angel petrochem:
Nickel undergoes the complete purification and we can get pure nickel
All the ore byproducts are handled within the refining mod, bob tries to emulate this mechanic with his advanced recipes where you can get cobalt from copper for example.
gheift wrote:Hi Angel,

when do you plan to enable alloy crafting in your smelting mod?
If you do, may I suggest some adjustments?
Here are some ideas:
  • in the blast-furnace-1 recipe replace the basic-electronic-board with a basic-circuit-board
  • mode tin- & lead-smelting tech to the same level as iron- & copper-smelting and let them only require red science packs
  • make solder-1-smelting tech depending on tin- & lead-smelting only requiring red science packs
  • make steel-smelting tech depending on iron-smelting (currently it is unlocked with advanced metallurgy 1)
  • make ore processing-1 depending on solder-1-smelting
  • make advanced-metallurgy-1 depending on steel-processing
  • make bio-processing-1 depending on basic-chemistry
Thanks for your great mods,
Gerhard
My problem at the moment is more that I'm working on several different things and mods, so to get things done I should concentrate on finishing one mod, but I also have to take breaks from working on petrochem for example because getting new ideas and go over all the stuff again takes time. So I cant give you an ETA for when alloying will be avaiable, there is also still the strand casting machine model to be done, where I'm not sure on how to progress further with it.

I distract myself with doing little things, like the pressure tanks or what I did today:

My take on warehouses

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Wow, it's cool hi-tech style, i like it

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

AlexDeluxe wrote:
mexmer wrote: do you have angels infite ores mod installed?
Could you transfer me this mods, please?
you should see it in mod installer, it's this one https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Arch666A ... finiteores

StormTAG
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by StormTAG »

Been playing with the smelting mod for a bit now. My foundry is getting big! Well, it was until the Bulldozer mod hosed my save.

One thing I noticed is that the advanced smelting recipes make some of the recipes less complex. Take Silicon Plates for example. The original Bob's recipe for a silicon plate is Calcium Chloride, Carbon and Quartz where as the advanced smelting recipe is simply Quartz and Coal. In fact, I can't seem to find any use for Calcium Chloride any more.

Another is Cobalt. The original recipe is a two step with Cobalt Ore, Stone and Sulfirc acid with the option of generating cobalt via Advanced Copper processing. Meanwhile the advanced Smelting recipe is just Cobalt ore and carbon.

I'd encourage you to add these complexities back into the smelting mod, perhaps as part of the processed ore or pellet versions. That way early on you can use the more basic recipes for directly creating plates and add the more complex vesions to gain the additional efficiencies from the processed and pellet lines.

Return to “Angels Mods”