[raiguard/posila][1.1.104] HDR causes broken rendering with KDE6

Baughn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[raiguard/posila][1.1.104] HDR causes broken rendering with KDE6

Post by Baughn »

Well, it's marked as an experimental feature and the checkbutton literally landed yesterday, but I thought I'd mention anyway.

If you enable HDR in KDE6, as such:

Then the rendering of Factorio breaks fairly badly: Image

It isn't visible in the picture, but the lakeshore tiles are actually flickering. The fix here is, obviously, to disable HDR; I'd estimate at least another year before this is useful. Though it would be nice if Factorio didn't do... whatever it's doing here. Blindly picking the highest color depth available, maybe?

Other SDR applications appear fine, and the black is too black, if that makes sense.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.104 KDE6] Enabling HDR causes broken rendering

Post by Loewchen »

Post the log please, see 3638

Baughn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [1.1.104] HDR causes broken rendering with KDE6

Post by Baughn »

This should be the one: https://brage.info/factorio-hdr-weirdness.log

I don't see anything unusual. The pixel format is still RGB888, so I would be suspicious of the compositor more than anything else. Though I don't think that could cause the weird shoreline rendering.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.104] HDR causes broken rendering with KDE6

Post by posila »

Interesting. We don't pick colordepth blindly for anything as far as I am aware. It is interesting that the problem is isolated to non-animated tiles and everything else seems to render correctly. Tile sprites use different texture compression format than other things do when Texture compression quality is set to "High". Could you try to set it to Low and see what happens. My prediction is that rest of the game sprites breaks too. My guess is that GPU accelerated texture compression breaks for some reason, but test at startup passes, so it's maybe GPU accelerated mipmap creation? Does it look like that even when you zoom in?

Code: Select all

1.518 Texture processor created (2048). GPU accelerated compression Supported: yes, Enabled: yes/yes. Test passed. YCoCgDXT PSNR: 35.83, BC3 PSNR: 33.82
Also, Ctrl + F3 will open Sprite Atlas Viewer. Atlases 6 and 7 should contain tile graphics. Do they render correctly there?

Return to “Assigned”