Filtering Fluid Signals

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
firebladed3
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Filtering Fluid Signals

Post by firebladed3 »

Does anyone know a simple way of filtering out circuit signals for fluids, while i could do this with individual combinators, when i have bobs and angels, i have around 200 different fluids

in a similar way is it possible to filter out virtual signals or items as a group

Blacky007
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Filtering Fluid Signals

Post by Blacky007 »

use the search button?
My color birthday was May 2nd 2020 - Thank you Enchroma

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Filtering Fluid Signals

Post by TruePikachu »

"Simple" solutions exist for both blacklisting and whitelisting from a sharable-per-filter-configuration bank of constants, assuming all signals remain positive or zero.

To blacklist:
  1. The constants should emit -2147483648 for all undesired signals
  2. The constants are implicitly added to the input signal (i.e. attach both using different wire colors) onto the input of a decider configured EACH≥0→EACH
The output of the combinator should be all the unblacklisted input signals, on a 1 tick signal delay from input.

To whitelist:
  1. The constants should emit -2147483648 for all desired signals
  2. Feed the input into an arithmetic combinator configured EACH+-2147483648→EACH (note this is addition of a negative number; the number doesn't have a positive version)
  3. Implicitly add the constants to the output of that combinator, into a decider EACH≥0→EACH
The output of the decider should be all the whitelisted input signals, on a 2 tick signal delay from input.

Return to “Gameplay Help”