Cancel Rocket Defense 'win'

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Teurlinx
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Cancel Rocket Defense 'win'

Post by Teurlinx »

So I've managed to build the Rocket defense and 'won' the game. Very cool, BUT it doesn't give an option to continue playing, it also has a nasty 10 minute countdown which means the autosaves are all affected and it doesn't cancel upon deconstructing the Rocket Defense structure.

How do I salvage my save game and continue?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Cancel Rocket Defense 'win'

Post by kovarex »

It is not possible currently, but we might add a possibility to continue in the future.

Gammro
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gammro »

Isn't there a console command for stopping the countdown? Or even change the countdown time to something enormous?
Ignore this

Teurlinx
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Teurlinx »

It's hard to believe there wouldn't be a simple fix for this like edit out a line in the save file, or a console command. Given how this end goal actually kinda ruins your game at the moment I'd at least add a temporary 'quick fix':
  • it might come with a warning upon being built, or in the tech tree text.
  • Better: save the game automatically upon finishing the Rocket Defense so you always have a save file before a player makes the mistake of plopping it down.
  • Even better: Add a 'continue game' option to the victory screen
  • Best: The latter And have the rocket defense a super-weapon flattening alien bases at a large cost & timer expense per shot it appears to be :D

Gammro
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gammro »

Well, the console (as far as I know) has access to all scripting commands, so you can manually "script" and test. I can imagine it's possible to change the variables for the countdown.
Ignore this

Teurlinx
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Teurlinx »

Gammro wrote:Well, the console (as far as I know) has access to all scripting commands, so you can manually "script" and test. I can imagine it's possible to change the variables for the countdown.
I have no experience with the console or scripting. Can someone tell me how to accomplish this feat?

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Teurlinx wrote:[I have no experience with the console or scripting. Can someone tell me how to accomplish this feat?
You can access the console using '~' or '/' while ingame
however, I do not think the console will help here. To 'fix' this I think you would need to edit the control.lua file that is placed with the save (specifically delete/comment out line 69 "game.setgamestate")...
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

Teurlinx
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Teurlinx »

FreeER wrote:
Teurlinx wrote:[I have no experience with the console or scripting. Can someone tell me how to accomplish this feat?
however, I do not think the console will help here. To 'fix' this I think you would need to edit the control.lua file that is placed with the save (specifically delete/comment out line 69 "game.setgamestate")...
Thank you! I managed to get out of my predicament by simply changing the 'if time == 0' trigger to '>9999'

Leosmellsgood
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Leosmellsgood »

Teurlinx wrote:
FreeER wrote:
however, I do not think the console will help here. To 'fix' this I think you would need to edit the control.lua file that
is placed with the save (specifically delete/comment out line 69 "game.setgamestate")...
Thank you! I managed to get out of my predicament by simply changing the 'if time == 0' trigger to '>9999'
How do you get to the control.lua file????

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Leosmellsgood wrote:How do you get to the control.lua file????
You would have to unzip the save, edit the lua file with notepad or whatever, then rezip it.

Leosmellsgood
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Leosmellsgood »

FishSandwich wrote:You would have to unzip the save, edit the lua file with notepad or whatever, then rezip it.
Sorry for being slow but i need to be guided very specifically, where do i find the save to unzip?

Leosmellsgood
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Leosmellsgood »

FishSandwich wrote:You would have to unzip the save, edit the lua file with notepad or whatever, then rezip it.
Sorry but i need specifics, how do i find the save file to unzip, ive looked through package contents and such

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

See this page: https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... _Directory

And please avoid quoting all and double replies.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Gameplay Help”