Deconstruction train signals causes heavy lag

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Bandicoot
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Deconstruction train signals causes heavy lag

Post by Bandicoot »

As per title, deconstructing rail signals (even on small rail networks) causes heavy lag to the point of getting disconnected. once relogged, the deconstruction happened and stuff is gone, yet it is annoying. Yes i have a giant base on the planet and one in orbit (playing SE) but i cant figure out why is this happening. probably is not even LTN but idk where to look for at this point

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Deconstruction train signals causes heavy lag

Post by Optera »

LTN is the wrong subforum.

Mods can't even touch train pathfinder (That's why LTN uses temp stops).

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Moved to gameplay help.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Stringweasel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Stringweasel »

It's a known issue that when modifying a massive rail network causes big lag spikes. IIRC this is because every time you place or remove a single rail then the entire rail network is recalculated, which means every train needs to recalculate it's path. This takes a long time, thus causes lag spikes, which might cause you to drop from the game if your PC struggles to keep up to the server. So not really an SE issue, just a game limitation. :)
Alt-F4 Author | Factorio Modder
Mods: Hall of Fame | Better Victory Screen | Fluidic Power | Biter Power | Space Spidertron | Spidertron Dock | Weasel's Demolition Derby

Return to “Gameplay Help”