How to get construction bots in your personal roboport

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
kostermw
Inserter
Inserter

How to get construction bots in your personal roboport

Post by kostermw »

I have plenty of bots flying around and I have four MK2 personal roboports in my MK2 suit (and yes these are fully charged). But how do you make the bots go into these ports so they do work for me if there is no roboport around? I can put a request in my personal logistics grid but there is none in storage as they are all flying around or are stored in roboports. So puzzled ...
Last edited by kostermw on Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amarula
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: How to get construction bots in your personal roboport

Post by Amarula »

Put a stack of bots in your inventory, same as you would put a stack in a spidertron inventory.
My own personal Factorio super-power - running out of power.

kostermw
Inserter
Inserter

Post by kostermw »

Amarula wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:17 pm
Put a stack of bots in your inventory, same as you would put a stack in a spidertron inventory.
How? Sure can create new ones but I want to use the existing ones (already have so many of them). Do not want to create new ones. You cannot direct them into your inventory. They all sit somewhere in some roboport or are flying around.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Your personnal robots can only be construction robots. You need to have them in your inventory, and from that point they will leave your character's pocket to build things near you, and come back. They will not go in static roboport anymore. And those from the static roboport will not go into your inventory.

Now if you want to pick up some existing flying robots to put in your inventory, you can mine them in the air :) but it's easier to pick up a stack when they are sitting in a robotport or in a chest next to the assembly machine.

Now if you want some logistic robots to deliver to your character some construction robots to keep in your inventory to be activated by the personnal armor. You need to have construction robots sitting in a yellow or red logistic chest. This way some logistic robots from a robotport can pick them up and bring them to you. They cannot pick up other robots from the roboports or when they are flying, only from logistic chest, like regular item.

kostermw
Inserter
Inserter

Post by kostermw »

Yeah harvesting from the air seems a possibility. I have now installed the "Factory Search" mod and it will show me the roboports that contain construction Bots which I can then take out manually. Not sure as to why a request cannot be fulfilled by a roboport as it is also a type of storage after all.

Durr
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Durr »

Because bots in roboports are not in the logistic storage which means they are not available for filling requests. They need to be in an active/passive provider or a logistic storage chest.
Tired of manually backing up your saves? Check this out! -> Factorio Backup

Return to “Gameplay Help”