Portable Fusion Reactor visual appearance in relation of visual totality of game

Place to discuss the game balance, recipes, health, enemies mining etc.
SunWolf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Portable Fusion Reactor visual appearance in relation of visual totality of game

Post by SunWolf »

For Glory

First I want to ardently thank Dev Team, for beautiful and interesting game craft.

If you look at Portable Fusion Reactor it looks as neo-light-future technology, mainly all rest technologies, parts, elements have retro-future industrial dark technolgy visual projection. its seems that progression of time, doesnt come here together in wholeness of game lore. I think this issue requires at least serious consideration.

1.Your Thoughts ?

SunWolf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Portable Fusion Reactor visual appearance in relation of visual totality of game

Post by SunWolf »

great game shoud unfold from its own seeds, to have authenticity, not to become social rainbow. espescialy in this case, then in disturbts lore of game.
it doesnt look bad, but it do not fit correctly to time spirit of game.

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Portable Fusion Reactor visual appearance in relation of visual totality of game

Post by kirazy »

I agree. I think that they'll hit the technology and equipment visuals before too long.

SunWolf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SunWolf »

it takes pretty of time to even think out and model out the one simple icon. especialy in such intelectualy rotten craft tools as windows- c++ - bios.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

The look of the thing has nothing on the implication... That you can build a portable fusion reactor but can't figure out how to set one down on the ground.

If anything the icon lends it an air of frivolity, making it easier to accept it in the game.
Image Image

SunWolf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SunWolf »

5thHorseman Factorio is video game, not only logical-craft game. i dont even tried to play many games because they look incorrect, infatile etc.
visual projections are very important. if you dont care about visuality, you miss so much in life.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

Never said I didn't care abbot visuals.

I said I care about logical progression more.
Image Image

SunWolf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SunWolf »

Be hormoniuos, its healthy.

Return to “Balancing”