[kovarex] [1.1.36] Blueprint refuses to switch to "relative" from "absolute" snap to grid

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
dgattey
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[kovarex] [1.1.36] Blueprint refuses to switch to "relative" from "absolute" snap to grid

Post by dgattey »

Hey there, on latest 1.1.36, I'm running into problems switching a blueprint from absolute to relative snapping to grid. I can change it in the interface, and can save the blueprint with the change, and when I go back to the blueprint, it's updated. But when I go to place the blueprint in the world, it's still using absolute positioning. Once I place it ONCE with absolute positioning, then it starts using relative positioning. Persists through saves, and only happens to one blueprint.

Steps to reproduce in attached save file:
1. Load save
2. Try placing currently selected blueprint (named "20.96 MW Solar", inside blueprint book "IR")
3. Observe that despite using relative positioning with 64x64 size and grid position 2, 2, the blueprint only uses absolute positioning as you try to place it in the world
4. Place the blueprint once in a free spot
5. Observe that the blueprint now uses relative positioning as it was set to previously

If before step 2, you try changing positioning to absolute and back to relative (saving each change), there's no effect on the outcome of steps 3-5.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 1.16.39 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 1.16.39 PM.jpg (240.43 KiB) Viewed 6462 times
bug-broken_solar_grid_relative_positioning.zip
(27.11 MiB) Downloaded 209 times
factorio-current.log
(114.01 KiB) Downloaded 206 times

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [1.1.36] Blueprint refuses to switch to "relative" from "absolute" snap to grid

Post by kovarex »

Hello, I loaded the save, and there wasn't any blueprint.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [1.1.36] Blueprint refuses to switch to "relative" from "absolute" snap to grid

Post by boskid »

kovarex wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:07 pm
The blueprint is there but it was placed in the "my blueprints" so when you load this save file, blueprint library gets synced and the blueprint is removed for you. With the "bypass-library-sync" hidden option enabled the blueprint is available.

dgattey
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dgattey »

boskid wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:43 am
kovarex wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:07 pm
The blueprint is there but it was placed in the "my blueprints" so when you load this save file, blueprint library gets synced and the blueprint is removed for you. With the "bypass-library-sync" hidden option enabled the blueprint is available.
Ah, need me to do it again with the blueprint in game blueprints? Happy to try to mess with it to make it easier to test!

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

dgattey wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:08 am
Ah, need me to do it again with the blueprint in game blueprints? Happy to try to mess with it to make it easier to test!
Best to put it in your player/character inventory

dgattey
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dgattey »

Klonan wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:48 am
dgattey wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:08 am
Best to put it in your player/character inventory
Here ya go - attachment has it as blueprint in inventory + reuploaded log.
Attachments
bug-broken_solar_grid_relative_positioning.zip
(26.56 MiB) Downloaded 143 times
factorio-current.log
(30.96 KiB) Downloaded 141 times

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Hello.
The bug was, that the internal state was still in the state of drag building, and until you build anything, it didn't reset.
My hypothesis is, that it is casued by the game being saved (or autosaved) while drag building was in progress, and we don't have mechanism to reset the state on loading.
I made the client emit drag building stop action after load if the game state has drag building info active, which fixed this issue.

dgattey
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dgattey »

Awesome, thanks!

PaladinOne
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PaladinOne »

I'd like to re-open this, as I've started encountering this issue again in 1.1.48. It seems to be set off by using Select New Contents for an already saved blueprint which was saved with a Relative offset, and it's particularly jarring if the new blueprint contents have been rotated relative to the original. The newly saved blueprint is stuck in Absolute placement, but with a very strange offset (possibly related to the difference in offset between the original blueprint and the newly saved one?)

As with the original work-around, placing the blueprint once correctly reverts placement to Relative, but it's still very jarring and confusing on that first hover.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

PaladinOne wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:48 am
I'd like to re-open this...
Make a new and complete report please, see 3638.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”