[Oxyd] [0.18.21] Error PathFindAlgorithm.cpp:1147: abstractNodeIt != search.abstractNodes.end() was not true

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
dratn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Oxyd] [0.18.21] Error PathFindAlgorithm.cpp:1147: abstractNodeIt != search.abstractNodes.end() was not true

Post by dratn »

1248.105 Error PathFindAlgorithm.cpp:1147: abstractNodeIt != search.abstractNodes.end() was not true

I have suddenly started receiving this crash tonight. I crashed it 5+ times over. I was bringing a new supply line up, and once I had items in the supply depot, it seemed like it crashed after something tried to make a call to that supply depot. I deleted it, and put down chests. Those chests filled up without issue. I then deleted the road around, and rebuilt it completely, and then put down a new supply depot. That seemed to stop the crashing, however I then put down 5 fluid depots at once, and I crashed again.

Log and dmp is attached.
Attachments
factorio-dump-current.dmp
(733.79 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
factorio-current.log
(70.43 KiB) Downloaded 137 times

dratn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.18.21] Error PathFindAlgorithm.cpp:1147: abstractNodeIt != search.abstractNodes.end() was not true

Post by dratn »

Here is the saved game. It might take a few tries to make it crash.

Steps to make it crash:

1) Locate the beaconed plastic setup, there is only one, it has 4 inbound lanes
2) Reverse the four underground coal lines (they are going the wrong direction in the saved game)
3) Once the coal starts flowing, run sound to the supply depot. Wait for crash. If it is going to crash, it will be within the 10K that land into the box.
4) If no crash, repeat a few times.
Attachments
crash_at_plastic_supply_depot.zip
(12.39 MiB) Downloaded 151 times

agelian
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [Oxyd] [0.18.21] Error PathFindAlgorithm.cpp:1147: abstractNodeIt != search.abstractNodes.end() was not true

Post by agelian »

I managed to reliably replicate this error by doing the following with the attached save:

* Open Coal Request Depot right next to the player
* Place a single transport drone in the requester
* Crash in title occurs almost immediately
Attachments
krastorio2-01.zip
Save file right before placing drone
(7.23 MiB) Downloaded 137 times
factorio-current.log
(30.52 KiB) Downloaded 154 times

repkid
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [Oxyd] [0.18.21] Error PathFindAlgorithm.cpp:1147: abstractNodeIt != search.abstractNodes.end() was not true

Post by repkid »

Do you also have the Transport Drones mod installed? Because if you do then I have the same issue and can provide more logs and save data replicating the crash.

Jemsterr
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Jemsterr »

My bug report is also related: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=84329

Post includes savefile shortly before the crash as the transport drone is about to pathfind and crash.

JambyStrikesAgain
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JambyStrikesAgain »

We've the same issue in 0.18.21 with Transport Drones.
Let me know if I can provide any additional useful information.
First one is a save file I've managed to save when our server crashed. It crashes the game upon loading
Attachments
multi_recover.zip
(13.45 MiB) Downloaded 122 times
mod-list.json
(7.61 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
factorio-previous.log
(49.6 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
factorio-dump-previous.dmp
(572.41 KiB) Downloaded 108 times

jsalomon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jsalomon »

Here's another save file datapoint, if it's helpful. Game version is 0.18.21, the only mods included are the three drone mods (Mining, Construction, Transport), all at their most recent updates.

To reproduce, just stand around doing nothing for ~20-30 seconds after the game loads.

There's a few smelting arrays if you go straight down from where the save starts which were just upgraded from Yellow Belt to Red Belt; I suspect that the iron depots becoming much more active may be the relevant bit.
Attachments
mod-list.json
(3.56 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
factorio-dump-current.dmp
(715.71 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
factorio-current.log
(9.04 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
_autosave3.zip
(7.51 MiB) Downloaded 109 times

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

Thanks, should be fixed in 0.18.22.

repkid
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by repkid »

Awesome! Thanks for the quick response and may the main bus bus ride again!

JambyStrikesAgain
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JambyStrikesAgain »

Thanks for the great work you do developing this game! Taking a look at issues that happens only with mods and fixing in the base game it's rare to see in any other game and always much appreciated!

Could you give some hint on what was the main cause of the issue? I've been trying to figure out what ultimately made our game save to break like this. We ran it for days without problems so it has to do with some new road or building with built, but I just can't find it even after dozen and dozen of tries deleting random roads.
I can't wait to try it in the next release! :mrgreen:

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

JambyStrikesAgain wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:45 am
Could you give some hint on what was the main cause of the issue?
"Fixed a pathfinding crash related to changing tiles in a way that affected neighbouring tiles' transitions."
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”