Steps to reproduce:
- Unbind 'Enter/Leave vehicle' from the Enter key(s).
- Have some slots or buttons on the screen. Works with all menus, the shortcut and action bars, the "equipment bar" in the bottom right, the main inventory window, the info panel on the right, and tracked achievements. I haven't tested more.
- Press (Shift +) Tab (one or more times).
- Then press Enter or NumPad Enter (one or more times).
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 at will.
Nothing happens, since the Enter keys have been unbound from any action.
Tab (and Shift + Tab) cycle through all active slots and buttons on the screen at that moment, pressing Enter or NumPad Enter changes the state of the currently selected slot or button to be pressed (or not).
The function of the "pressed" slots or buttons is not affected by this.
If the targeted GUI element is a tick box, the box will actually get ticked/unticked when pressing (NumPad) Enter.
Please note that, if you have something (usually 'Enter/Leave vehicle') bound to one of the Enter keys, this won't work for that key, but for the other. I have tested a bit with binding these keys to 'Enter/Leave vehicle') and came to these results:
- Enter bound, NumPad Enter unbound -> Only NumPad Enter triggers the bug.
- Enter unbound, NumPad Enter bound -> Only Enter triggers it.
- Both keys bound -> None triggers it.
- Both keys unbound -> Both trigger it.
While in the graphics settings menu, I could change dropdown menus and sliders with the arrow keys. When you press Enter on an unchanged text box, you won't be able to Tab cycle through the menu any more, until you manually click on something. Pressing Enter while the 'Back' or 'Confirm' button is targeted will result in that button's action actually being executed.
Footage of the described behaviour while in game. MP4 video, you might need to manually start playback.
To switch from the shortcut bar to the main inventory window, I had to use Shift + Tab.
I wasn't able to enter the left part of the main inventory window, as well as the logistic request slots. I also couldn't cycle any further than the "Create blueprint" button in the action bar.
This bug might be related to 69580 ([0.17.31] Can't use tab key in train and train station color selection).