[Oxyd] [0.17.31] Crash to desktop when joining multiplayer server

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Riktol
Inserter
Inserter

[Oxyd] [0.17.31] Crash to desktop when joining multiplayer server

Post by Riktol »

Hi

I was participating in Kathrine and Caledorn's multiplayer stress test (over 100 players) which I believe some of the devs are aware of.

The first test ended at approx 19:00 (London time) when the server stopped responding, I got dropped from the server, this bug report is not about that.

I tried to join the second test (I assume it was the second test) a few minutes before 20:00 and when I tried to connect to the server the game crashed completely (to desktop). It may be relevant that I did not restart the game in between being dropped and the second attempt to join.

Please find attached log file and dump file, hopefully it is useful.

Riktol
Attachments
factorio-dump-current.dmp
(549.52 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
factorio-current.log
(74.68 KiB) Downloaded 33 times

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.31] Crash to desktop when joining multiplayer server

Post by TruePikachu »

Code: Select all

c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-6v5zkl\src\util\logging.cpp (84): Logging::logAndAbortOrThrow
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-6v5zkl\src\net\inputactiondefragmenter.cpp (101): InputActionDefragmenter::assemble
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-6v5zkl\src\net\inputactiondefragmenter.cpp (21): InputActionDefragmenter::update
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-6v5zkl\src\net\networkinputhandler.cpp (144): NetworkInputHandler::sendInputActions
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-6v5zkl\src\net\networkinputhandler.cpp (113): NetworkInputHandler::tryToApplyNextTickClosure
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-6v5zkl\src\net\clientmultiplayermanager.cpp (473): ClientMultiplayerManager::updateMultiplayerInputInternal
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-6v5zkl\src\net\multiplayermanagerbase.cpp (174): MultiplayerManagerBase::updateMultiplayerInput
c:\cygwin64\tmp\factorio-build-6v5zkl\src\mainloop.cpp (1131): MainLoop::gameUpdateStep
…
6680.038 Error InputActionDefragmenter.cpp:105: An input action fragment is missing: key = (id: 0, playerIndex: 11), expected = 1, got = 260
Might just be something related to dropped packets, but someone would have to confirm.

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [0.17.31] Crash to desktop when joining multiplayer server

Post by Oxyd »

This should be fixed in 0.17.37.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”