[0.9.3] Campaign: Can't research Electric Energy Accumulator

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
DaveKap
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.9.3] Campaign: Can't research Electric Energy Accumulator

Post by DaveKap »

Electric Energy Accumulators 1 is red and saying "unavailable" in the research window despite its only dependency, Electric energy distribution 1, being fully researched. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

DaveKap
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.9.3] Campaign: Can't research Electric Energy Accumul

Post by DaveKap »

After playing in freeroam, it appears this problem most likely stems from the fact that oil processing and its subsequent trees are all missing from this scenario. Batteries are also needed for this!

DaveKap
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DaveKap »

So after figuring out how to make the technology available, I'm wondering if there are ways of using the console to simply give myself 50 accumulators so I can get this scenario over with and move to the next one. I'm busy playing freeplay until I can do this and am having lots of fun there but really want to see where the campaign goes!

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

But you don't need the accumulator for this mission to be finished right? We will probably just disable it.

DaveKap
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DaveKap »

kovarex wrote:But you don't need the accumulator for this mission to be finished right? We will probably just disable it.
Except this is in the corner:
Also of note (definitely a bug) is the fact that those numbers don't take into account your car's inventory. So in order to get all the numbers green, you have to fit all of that into your character's inventory. After looking at the numbers I can say without any doubt that it's actually impossible to hold all of that in your inventory. The two 3000 requirements leave exactly twelve slots available and the 1500 requirement will take up exactly those twelve slots, leaving only the ten slots in your hotbar which can't fit the 2500 piercing round magazines because those take up twenty-five slots.

In other words, the mission is actually impossible to finish even without the accumulator being a requirement.

So, is there a command to just SKIP the mission and get to the next, more-thoroughly-tested one? :)

Dysoch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dysoch »

DaveKap wrote:
kovarex wrote:But you don't need the accumulator for this mission to be finished right? We will probably just disable it.
Except this is in the corner:
Also of note (definitely a bug) is the fact that those numbers don't take into account your car's inventory. So in order to get all the numbers green, you have to fit all of that into your character's inventory. After looking at the numbers I can say without any doubt that it's actually impossible to hold all of that in your inventory. The two 3000 requirements leave exactly twelve slots available and the 1500 requirement will take up exactly those twelve slots, leaving only the ten slots in your hotbar which can't fit the 2500 piercing round magazines because those take up twenty-five slots.

In other words, the mission is actually impossible to finish even without the accumulator being a requirement.

So, is there a command to just SKIP the mission and get to the next, more-thoroughly-tested one? :)
If you read correctly, you can also use the cars inventory. That has i believe 80 slots. Should be more then enough ;)
Creator of:
- DyTech
- DyWorld
- DyWorld-Dynamics
- DyWorld-Dynamics 2
Active since Factorio 0.6

DaveKap
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DaveKap »

Dysoch wrote:If you read correctly, you can also use the cars inventory. That has i believe 80 slots. Should be more then enough ;)
Except you didn't read correctly. ;)
DaveKap wrote:Also of note (definitely a bug) is the fact that those numbers don't take into account your car's inventory.
In other words, having the items in your car doesn't work. They don't count towards the goal numbers.

EstebanLB
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by EstebanLB »

DaveKap wrote:
Dysoch wrote:If you read correctly, you can also use the cars inventory. That has i believe 80 slots. Should be more then enough ;)
DaveKap wrote:Also of note (definitely a bug) is the fact that those numbers don't take into account your car's inventory.
In other words, having the items in your car doesn't work. They don't count towards the goal numbers.
You need to hop in the car to make it work. You will see the count as soon as you get in

DaveKap
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DaveKap »

EstebanLB wrote:
DaveKap wrote:
You need to hop in the car to make it work. You will see the count as soon as you get in
Ah! Well then.

I still think it's a bug. :P But OK, I concede on that point. Now back to my most important question. Since it's impossible to make accumulators due to the oil industry being missing from this campaign, is there any way to either spawn the items or skip this campaign mission so I can get on to 3 and 4?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

We should probably remove the accumulator from the level completely and disable night in the next mission :)

Code: Select all

game.player.insert{name="basic-accumulator", count = 50}

DaveKap
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DaveKap »

kovarex wrote:We should probably remove the accumulator from the level completely and disable night in the next mission :)

Code: Select all

game.player.insert{name="basic-accumulator", count = 50}
I just beat mission 3. I think the day/night cycle is fine. Thanks for the command!

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Fixed for 0.9.4

Ravenholme
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ravenholme »

I've got a save from 0.9.3 for this mission which has the same issue, and also for Engines. I'd prefer not to restart the mission, so how would I go about adding some engines to my inventory so that I can get the railway up and running

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

The command is quoted 2 posts above your answer :)

Ravenholme
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ravenholme »

kovarex wrote:The command is quoted 2 posts above your answer :)
Yeah, just wasn't sure what the id for Engine Units was, but never fear, I worked it out! (Turned out to be more self-explanatory than I usually expect from internal codes)

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”