[0.9.0]Tooltip saying no lubricant

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Calico
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.9.0]Tooltip saying no lubricant

Post by Calico »

Found the "bug", it's obviuosly in front of the computer. Damn humans. But while reporting something not worth reporting i found a bug in the the tooltips of the chemplant. You can ignore the rest, i'll leave it here for your amusement.

Good Morning!

After playing for pretty much the entire night i feel that a bugreport is warranted, although i have trouble pinpointing the cause for the bug. Several production lines seem to suffer breakdowns for no apparent reason.
In each case over the course of several hours there was a Chemical Plant involved in the production. I'll try to describe as best as possible:

In the case in the screenshot there are two chem plants producing engine parts and engines. Both got all ressources (including lubricant) needed for the production, still there are some major hick-ups. In the screenshot the assembly with the Iron Gear Wheels isn't producing, although there are Iron Plates available (it worked fine for hours but suddenly stopped, without making any modifications to the building or surrounding area). The same thing happend to the chem plant earlier, all ressources were available, but production would come to a sudden halt for no apparent reason.

This also happend on another Chem Plant producing sulfur... in that case i used a buffer chest between the sulfur and the sulfuric acid plant which seems to fix the problem. So my best guess is that the chemplants have trouble making the "call" to delivering inserters/factorys when running out of ressources. It seems that this effect can even "jump" to any other assembly/chem plant that is delivering goods to it.

edit: left the game runing in the background, no change. Saving and reloading did empty the chemplants of all lubricant, but the bug still is there. Noticed that the tooltip says the the plant is missing lubricant, although there are 200 units available:

Last edited by Calico on Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Calico
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.9.0] Chemical Plants not producing

Post by Calico »

Well, the tooltip saying that there is no lubricant is clearly a bug, the rest not so much.... seems some steel managed to sneak onto the supply line, blocking the iron plates. Still there was some odd behaviour before, but maybe i imagined it. It's been a long night afterall. Gotta change the topic. :D

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TGS »

Calico wrote:Well, the tooltip saying that there is no lubricant is clearly a bug
It's not a bug, when you mouse over things it takes your inventory into account, not the inventory of whatever the production system is. It's more of a unforeseen quality of life issue than a 'bug'. You indeed have all the necessary components except the lubricant . Because that cannot be obtained by the player. This was not common before, almost everything (Perhaps everything? I can't remember) could be created and held by the player in the players inventory. Except water, but water didn't have any other use before.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

TGS wrote:
Calico wrote:Well, the tooltip saying that there is no lubricant is clearly a bug
It's not a bug, when you mouse over things it takes your inventory into account, not the inventory of whatever the production system is. It's more of a unforeseen quality of life issue than a 'bug'. You indeed have all the necessary components except the lubricant . Because that cannot be obtained by the player. This was not common before, almost everything (Perhaps everything? I can't remember) could be created and held by the player in the players inventory. Except water, but water didn't have any other use before.
It takes the assembling machine inventory into account in this case, and yes this is a bug.

So it takes fluid into account as well in the tooltip, so it is now fixed for 0.9.1

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”