[1.1.87] Incorrect Achievement playtime warning

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
x64techie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.87] Incorrect Achievement playtime warning

Post by x64techie »

I have 32/38 achievements while playing Factorio on Steam. None of my Steam games are anything other than vanilla, having no mods.

I decided to try and work on the last 6.

I tried to load a couple of different games, a few of which I thought would be easier to get a particular achievement because of progress through the game.

While trying to work on the achievements, I noticed I was not getting credit for any of the achievements like "Steamrolled".

Then I noticed a message at the top of the Achievement panel. It was present on every game I tried to use.

While the time for the game was different for each game, the total runtime and time spent in-game was identical for each one.

The message was (again times for different for each game):
"You need to play more than 50% of the game's total runtime to be able to get achievements. The game lasted 512h30m6s, but you have spent only 512h30m6s in the game."

Whether it was 512h30m6s or 37h13m42s or 129h6m2s, I got the message every time.

But Isn't this saying I spent 100% of the time in the game? Which is what I did do, playing solo the entire time.

Process:
1) Start Steam
2) Click 'Play' button for Factorio in library
3) Select 'Single Player'
4) Select 'Load Game'
5) Select game and click 'Load' button
6) Click on achievement icon in mini map to display achievements.
7) View warning message at top of achievement panel about playing 50% of game's total runtime to be able to get achievements.

I was wondering if an update broke this at some point, as the last time any of the games were played was at [1.1.76] or earlier (as far back as [1.1.36])

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.87] Incorrect Achievement playtime warning

Post by Loewchen »

Post the log file after a session with the issue and a relevant save please, see 3638.

x64techie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by x64techie »

Where do I find the log files and saves for Factorio in Steam?

I would have posted them, but they are not in the user documents directory like most games, nor in the Steam directory.
I presumed they were just in the cloud.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

There were no changes around this logic for at least 6 years, it is exactly as it was introduced in 0.15.11 with tiny tweaks around 0.17.0 when paused state was introduced that changed `tick` to become updateTick and entityTick. I also checked 1.1.87 and 1.1.88 on Steam and they are both working fine for me. Please verify files integrity.

x64techie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by x64techie »

I found the log and save files. They were in the user app data directory.

I have attached one of the first bases I created and then razed and rebuilt multiple times before finding out there was a maximum play limit on a game. It has over 13K hours. It is one that has one of the problems. I also included a screenshot for this particular save.
Achievement Warning.jpg
Achievement Warning.jpg (68.49 KiB) Viewed 4219 times
Attachments
First World.zip
(21.25 MiB) Downloaded 60 times
factorio-current.log
(4.96 KiB) Downloaded 57 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

I blame your bug report as being misleading. The condition for obtaining achievements was written in a relatively poor way (if its possible to say such things about 1 line of code) due to its ability to overflow on multiplication which happens once you get more than 9942h. Issue from the first post should not happen since all the values were way below that threshold so i assumed you have corrupted binary, but with this screenshot i know its above that threshold. Please do not state malformed facts if you cannot verify them, the only issue that should be possible to happen was for that last save file with the amount of hours larger than 9942h (which is basically half of the map tick range).

Issue is now fixed for 1.1.89.

malventano
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by malventano »

x64techie wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:01 pm
Whether it was 512h30m6s or 37h13m42s or 129h6m2s, I got the message every time.
x64techie wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:23 pm
It has over 13K hours. It is one that has one of the problems.
boskid wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:17 am
Please do not state malformed facts if you cannot verify them
...so was this bug not fully reproduced, or are we accusing the OP of lying about having bug(s) manifest across several different saves (including ones with <9942h)? Seems odd that someone would make up such specific figures...
Allyn Malventano
---
Want to improve fluid flow between pumps / across longer distances? Try my Manifolds mod.

spiral_power
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by spiral_power »

I have found a new victim of the problem caused by the new game.tick limit.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”