[boskid][Technical] Is there a way to get coordinates of what cousing "transport line groups are not consistent" error?

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
grozovsky
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[boskid][Technical] Is there a way to get coordinates of what cousing "transport line groups are not consistent" error?

Post by grozovsky »

My small community and I are playing OARC Multiplayer Spawn scenario with relatively small mod pack.
Few days ago, we discovered a bug: whenever somebody resets their team progress, the save file become corrupted with:

Code: Select all

2384.509 Warning Map.cpp:1215: Map loading failed: transport line groups are not consistent
2384.744 Error AppManagerStates.cpp:1572: transport line groups are not consistent
After a few hours of lurking the forums and looking through a possible reason, we've tried a few things to resolve this issue or at least found a trace:
  • Manually removing all underground belts belongs to a team.
  • Removing all belts at all.
  • Starting new game in singleplayer and resetting teams in fresh game and in our server save. (freshly created teams are safe to reset, but at some point of gameplay teams are probably building
    or researching
    something that causes this bug)
  • Trying to remove all entitles of a team before resetting it. (balancer mod that we are using is not safe for entity.destroy method for some reason and half of our bases are made with it, so we hadn't a chance to even check if this will actually help)
  • Trying to mess with OARC lua to find a possible reason.
It appears that merging forces (which is a part of OARC's script) breaks something and making some transport lines fail to pass consistency check. If we comment out

game.merge_forces(player_old_force, "neutral")
line from the resetting method, everything works okay except actually deleting an old player force, which is not okay for us.

I thinks some of our mods is causing this, but I didn't find a way to check what exactly fails consistency and causing a crash, however in this topic sir boskid gave an exact coords of the problematic belt, and I'm wondering how he was able to find it.

Pls give me a tip on where to find a consistency log or something that will tell us what exact entity is the root of our headache. Thanks!

Oh, and yeah:
-- SAVE
-- MODS

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [boskid][Technical] Is there a way to get coordinates of what cousing "transport line groups are not consistent" err

Post by boskid »

I guess i will just implement more verbose consistency check for transport lines. In 1.1.77 it will print some extra details to the log file if such issue happens. Using the hint about merge_forces i found that merging force "Bierman_UA" into "neutral" force causes the consistency issue and the extra logging gives following details:

12.706 Info TransportLineDeserialiser.cpp:151: TransportLine 0x0000026626d6d560 interacts with TransportLine 0x00000266efd8e440 so they should be in the same group
  12.706 Info TransportLine.cpp:1828: TransportLine 0x0000026626d6d560 belongs to a group 0x000002663ab060d0 and has 1 members:
  12.706 Info TransportLine.cpp:1831:  [1]: lineIndex=1. Entity: name=factory-linked-transport-belt, type=linked-belt, position={1581.5000000000, 1941.5000000000}, direction=South, force=neutral, surface=oarc, setup=true, owned-by-ghost=false, to-be-deconstructed=false, to-be-upgraded=false, simulation=false
  12.707 Info TransportLine.cpp:1828: TransportLine 0x00000266efd8e440 belongs to a group 0x000002663aa92aa0 and has 1 members:
  12.707 Info TransportLine.cpp:1831:  [1]: lineIndex=1. Entity: name=factory-linked-transport-belt, type=linked-belt, position={9.5000000000, 495.5000000000}, direction=South, force=neutral, surface=factory-floor-1, setup=true, owned-by-ghost=false, to-be-deconstructed=false, to-be-upgraded=false, simulation=false
  12.711 Warning Map.cpp:1215: Map loading failed: transport line groups are not consistent
  12.930 Error AppManagerStates.cpp:1572: transport line groups are not consistent

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [boskid][Technical] Is there a way to get coordinates of what cousing "transport line groups are not consistent" err

Post by boskid »

Thanks for the report. Issue is now fixed for 1.1.77. Core of the problem is related to changing force of a linked-belt. There will be also more logging in case another "transport line groups are not consistent" error would show up.

grozovsky
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by grozovsky »

boskid wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:34 pm
Thanks for the report. Issue is now fixed for 1.1.77. Core of the problem is related to changing force of a linked-belt. There will be also more logging in case another "transport line groups are not consistent" error would show up.
Thanks a lot! Much appreciated fast reply and your work.
Great game, great experience, great development team :D

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”