Search found 30 matches

by boki
Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:15 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: What kind of computer do you need for Factorio?
Replies: 25
Views: 5917

Re: What kind of computer do you need for Factorio?

FishSandwich wrote:
boki wrote:So, anyone can beat this? :D
http://i.imgur.com/OwzFu9O.gif

:D
I tried to run the game on my desktop. This monster has AMD Barton 2500+, with MSI GeForce Ti 4200 64mb vram and 1GB DDR 1 on 400Mhz. Unfortunately, the game did not even wont to start :D .
by boki
Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:26 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: What kind of computer do you need for Factorio?
Replies: 25
Views: 5917

Re: What kind of computer do you need for Factorio?

Ok, no one here has as bad comp as me. I am playing this game on old lap top (i think from 2008) with: -old pentium dual core T4500 that works on 2.3Ghz -4 GB ram, (in reality 3.5 GB ram) -old integrated GeForce 8200m G that does not have its vram, but is taking 512 from 4 GB DDR. The game works on ...
by boki
Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:29 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #63 - The endless struggle
Replies: 38
Views: 23214

Re: Friday Facts #63 The endless struggle

I really hope all this trouble, time and money invested in multiplayer will pay of in the future. The development with new mechanic and content in the last year slowed down a lot because of multi. Hope it will be worth it so we can get more game content in the future. Ehh i can only dream what could...
by boki
Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:11 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Have two problems with the new version
Replies: 5
Views: 1086

Re: Have two problems with the new version

There are still some problems with the v-sync and logical speed synchronisation, and it bugs me personally a lot when I have 50fps instead of 60, so it will be fixed for sure before the 0.11 gets stable. I see that there is no fps lock options (or how it was called before) in graphic menu. Is it ma...
by boki
Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:59 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Have two problems with the new version
Replies: 5
Views: 1086

Have two problems with the new version

First time playing v11 for longer. First. It looks to me like death animation of aliens was changed, or am I tripping? Before they look like they explode, now they just fall down and have some particle effect on them. Also the corpses look less good than before (again not 100% sure, did not play the...
by boki
Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:52 pm
Forum: Releases
Topic: Version 0.11.3
Replies: 48
Views: 43312

Re: Version 0.11.3

Just want to say that the game work on win xp now
by boki
Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:13 pm
Forum: Releases
Topic: Version 0.11.1
Replies: 118
Views: 65639

Re: Version 0.11.1

I don't think you are right. The purchase page specifically states you are buying an alpha-version, and the FAQ says you will get all future updates. Nowhere is it promised that the game will ever be finished. That is why some people prefer not purchasing games before they are finished. That said, ...
by boki
Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:35 pm
Forum: Releases
Topic: Version 0.11.1
Replies: 118
Views: 65639

Re: Version 0.11.1

I don't think it's very realistic to expect a refund because a game won't run on an old and unsupported operating system. Besides, you're playing it now, so you're getting what you paid for (which is the state of the game right now and no promise at all about the future) Sorry you are wrong. I paye...
by boki
Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:06 pm
Forum: Releases
Topic: Version 0.11.1
Replies: 118
Views: 65639

Re: Version 0.11.1

I am still using windows xp and do not have plans any time soon to change it. Thank you for fixing the problem. I hope that you will continue to support win xp, but I will understand if in the future you will not be able to do it. If it ever happens I would not be able to play the game any more, and...
by boki
Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:40 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: The new char models look great, but animation not that much
Replies: 5
Views: 970

Re: The new char models look great, but animation not that m

aviantdosda wrote:Haha, yeah. The running looks especially insane with 6 exoskeletons.

But function over form, I'd rather like more content than revised running animation.
Well, i think quality is more important than quantity, especially as you will be looking at your character for most of the time in the game.
by boki
Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:08 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: The new char models look great, but animation not that much
Replies: 5
Views: 970

The new char models look great, but animation not that much

As title says it. Really like the look. But the running animation is done very bad. The torso of character is static, while the arms/legs move like on a toy or something like that. I think the animation of the older character looked actually better. Also another thing with tank, make it feel more po...
by boki
Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:26 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Will multi focus make harder for features to be implemented?
Replies: 13
Views: 2067

Re: Will multi focus make harder for features to be implemen

So from this explanations i guess there will not be many problems from new features and mechanics
by boki
Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:07 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Will multi focus make harder for features to be implemented?
Replies: 13
Views: 2067

Re: Will multi focus make harder for features to be implemen

Mostly no effect. You need to check every new feature for desync in multiplayer, but that is pretty easy. And they are adding new tools to make it even easier. It's much harder to go the other way, and add multiplayer on top of 2 years of desync bugs. Which they are trying to do now. ;) I guess you...
by boki
Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:42 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Will multi focus make harder for features to be implemented?
Replies: 13
Views: 2067

Will multi focus make harder for features to be implemented?

I am interested, will now that the game needs to work in multiplayer make some features hard/impossible to implement that would otherwise in single player be possible/easy? How much the multi will make new features harder to implement so they work and not make the game lag? Will there be some limit ...
by boki
Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:05 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #55 - MP Preview
Replies: 36
Views: 19505

Re: Friday Facts #55 - MP Preview

Like the new look of armor. Why no picture of new alien?

Not interested that much in multiplayer, as it is more negative thing for me than positive.
by boki
Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:58 pm
Forum: Releases
Topic: Version 0.10.3
Replies: 17
Views: 26489

Re: Version 0.10.3

slpwnd wrote: [*]Faster train movement collision check (related to https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=7&t=4611).
[*]Optimised smoke update (related to https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=7&t=4611).[/list][/list]
The links for this two are same.
by boki
Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:19 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Some feedback for 0.10.1
Replies: 4
Views: 967

Some feedback for 0.10.1

The last version I played before this one was 0.9.8. The first thing I noticed after the update was a huge frame rate increase. My low end comp runs the game much better, there is no more big frame rate drops around light sources(it still drops somewhat but not as much). Now if you could only do som...
by boki
Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:38 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Pirating as a 'demo'. Your opinions?
Replies: 140
Views: 13817

Re: Pirating as a 'demo'. Your opinions?

Colombo wrote: Care to say what game and what dev it was? The word must spread. We must stay informed!
Stardrive. Good game, but released as unfinished, and developer stopped working on it to work on stardrive 2.
by boki
Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:41 pm
Forum: Duplicates
Topic: Big frame rate drops during night
Replies: 1
Views: 2210

Big frame rate drops during night

So when night happens, and I am close to the light source like if i have lamps placed all around there will be a huge frame rate drop. The moment day comes, the frame rate goes to normal. Also if i zoom out, the frame rate will improve a little during the night. I guess its because of the crapy inte...
by boki
Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:31 am
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #36
Replies: 39
Views: 21663

Re: Friday Facts #36

I am probably in minority but i dont care that much about multiplayer in games like this (no one will touch my resources or my perfectly planned factory layout :) ), and would much more like if the huge time invested in making mutiplayer work to be invested in the game it self and new content/mechan...

Go to advanced search