From testing, nearly all of my ships are a fair bit slower (my 8-tile wide ship lost more than 60% of its top speed). I have to say, though, that it is a change for the better.
Viewed from almost any point, width being the dominant metric for determining speed is weird, and it is also really ...
Search found 382 matches
- Tue Oct 06, 2026 11:42 pm
- Forum: Releases
- Topic: Version 2.1.21
- Replies: 39
- Views: 8164
- Mon Oct 05, 2026 9:33 am
- Forum: General discussion
- Topic: SE vs SA?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 348
Re: SE vs SA?
It's not really a fair comparison.
Of course I would say Space Age is better. It just has more polish, more money, and more work put into it from an excellent development team. Not just that, it brought with it a heap of improvements and features to the whole game.
Despite that, Space Exploration ...
Of course I would say Space Age is better. It just has more polish, more money, and more work put into it from an excellent development team. Not just that, it brought with it a heap of improvements and features to the whole game.
Despite that, Space Exploration ...
- Wed Jul 22, 2026 4:17 pm
- Forum: Implemented Suggestions
- Topic: [2.1] Adjust star parallax to be plausible
- Replies: 11
- Views: 1747
Re: [2.1] Adjust star parallax to be plausible
I wasn't going to join in on this, but you know what, I will. The second video demonstration a few posts up is great.
+1
Seeing the corrected version makes me feel strongly enough about it to think it's worthwhile. The only question I have is whether it will adversely affect the appearance of ...
+1
Seeing the corrected version makes me feel strongly enough about it to think it's worthwhile. The only question I have is whether it will adversely affect the appearance of ...
- Tue Jun 23, 2026 10:13 pm
- Forum: Resolved Problems and Bugs
- Topic: [2.1.7] Fluids in connected storage deleted on recipe change
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1907
[2.1.7] Fluids in connected storage deleted on recipe change
In the new experimental 2.1.7, fluids are deleted from connected storage if a producer changes recipe.
See attached save for example (look at the fluid storage tank as the recipe automatically resets periodically).
- What did you do?
Clear a recipe by circuit control. In this case, it's the recipe ...
See attached save for example (look at the fluid storage tank as the recipe automatically resets periodically).
- What did you do?
Clear a recipe by circuit control. In this case, it's the recipe ...
- Fri Jun 19, 2026 3:31 pm
- Forum: News
- Topic: Friday Facts #443 - More Planet Deliveries
- Replies: 177
- Views: 44797
Re: Friday Facts #443 - More Planet Deliveries
Wow! These are getting even better every week, and that's not an easy bar to beat. Bravo!
One thing about the art I feel like is worth questioning, is the grunge/wear textures on the new refinery and assemblers. It feels just a bit too heavy, even for Factorio's grungy artstyle, compared to other ...
One thing about the art I feel like is worth questioning, is the grunge/wear textures on the new refinery and assemblers. It feels just a bit too heavy, even for Factorio's grungy artstyle, compared to other ...
- Mon Jun 15, 2026 9:17 pm
- Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
- Topic: Use recent OpenSSL that has no known CVEs
- Replies: 6
- Views: 766
Re: Use recent OpenSSL that has no known CVEs
If even one of them could actually be used as a plausible attack vector then it's worth looking into fixing. It doesn't necessarily sound like that is definitely the case but I don't know the details either.
Having said that, I would guess the developers already have looked at it to some degree and ...
Having said that, I would guess the developers already have looked at it to some degree and ...
- Fri Jun 12, 2026 12:30 pm
- Forum: News
- Topic: Friday Facts #442 - Flip, Flow, and Fresh Paint
- Replies: 388
- Views: 78985
Re: Friday Facts #442 - Flip, Flow, and Fresh Paint
Very cool updates again! As usual, I am still a big fan of all the small details! The new rocks look so much nicer, even though the old graphics would have been totally okay!
Also very glad to finally see quality trains!
One thing I still continue to be surprised by, is how you did not realize how ...
Also very glad to finally see quality trains!
One thing I still continue to be surprised by, is how you did not realize how ...
- Fri Jun 05, 2026 1:11 pm
- Forum: News
- Topic: Friday Facts #441 - Space logistics improvements
- Replies: 127
- Views: 32101
Re: Friday Facts #441 - Space logistics improvements
Well, I am very happy you delivered on perhaps the most notable troublesome part in Space Age. Back then, I thought it must be something you would continue working on, and I am certainly impressed with the results!
Also, when you have this many systems working together to support new developments ...
Also, when you have this many systems working together to support new developments ...
- Thu May 14, 2026 12:05 am
- Forum: General discussion
- Topic: An Honest Review from a Modding Player — What Works, What Hurts, What Should Change
- Replies: 15
- Views: 9542
Re: An Honest Review from a Modding Player — What Works, What Hurts, What Should Change
To quickly chime in: Alerts can be a problem, it is one of the bigger ones, but it does have an actual built-in solution. To disable alerts on damage taken (as opposed to entity destroyed), use this command:
/alerts disable entity_under_attack
This is not a cheat, it is a standard command, so it ...
/alerts disable entity_under_attack
This is not a cheat, it is a standard command, so it ...
- Sun Mar 15, 2026 8:11 pm
- Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
- Topic: Show Battery levels of vehicles on hover.
- Replies: 1
- Views: 585
Re: Show Battery levels of vehicles on hover.
I kind of agree it would be quite useful. It is of similar importance to hit points and shield, yet it's hard to see at a glance. Another way to look at it, it's kind of like mana/magic points in fantasy games, which is often shown directly with the health bar.
Though, I'm not sure what exactly the ...
Though, I'm not sure what exactly the ...
- Sun Dec 21, 2025 5:00 pm
- Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
- Topic: Remove fast inserter
- Replies: 17
- Views: 3499
Re: Replace inserter with fast inserter
I'm not really in favor with the idea, but (civilized) discussion can be useful. The opening post doesn't seem like a thorough examination of the ramifications (everything from theoretical uses of inserters of any speed, to how their existence plays a role in more clearly guiding newer players, as ...
- Mon Dec 08, 2025 3:26 pm
- Forum: Implemented Suggestions
- Topic: Add setting to hide unresearched items/recipes in factoriopdia
- Replies: 50
- Views: 16198
Re: Add setting to hide unresearched items/recipes in factoriopdia
+1
Seems like a highly useful feature for many modded games.
Also worth thinking about is a feature to highlight or somehow clearly differentiate researched VS unresearched entries. Both are similar ideas but IMHO both worth including. For a topic specifically about this second idea, see https ...
Seems like a highly useful feature for many modded games.
Also worth thinking about is a feature to highlight or somehow clearly differentiate researched VS unresearched entries. Both are similar ideas but IMHO both worth including. For a topic specifically about this second idea, see https ...
- Sun Dec 07, 2025 8:53 pm
- Forum: Implemented Suggestions
- Topic: QoL: highlight factoriopedia recipes that are (un)locked
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1257
Re: QoL: highlight factoriopedia recipes that are (un)locked
+1
Either this, or the ability to hide unresearched entries, or both. Preferably both.
Either this, or the ability to hide unresearched entries, or both. Preferably both.
- Thu Oct 30, 2025 2:19 am
- Forum: Documentation Improvement Requests
- Topic: on_player_banned nil player_index
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1551
Re: on_player_banned nil player_index
I’ve found when comments like that exist, people take them to mean “this is the *only* time this happens” when that isn’t guaranteed.
I imagine that if it's worded like "for example..." then people will not assume that the examples shown are an exhaustive list of possible scenarios (at least I ...
- Wed Oct 22, 2025 9:18 am
- Forum: Balancing
- Topic: Is that me or deathworld marathon feels broken in Space Age compared to vanilla?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3076
Re: Is that me or deathworld marathon feels broken in Space Age compared to vanilla?
Can happen due to pure chance, AFAIK there is no check to prevent this (though it's probably not impossible to beat).
If you still get problems after generating 30-50 seeds, then there might be something for real but not until then.
If you still get problems after generating 30-50 seeds, then there might be something for real but not until then.
- Thu Oct 16, 2025 4:22 am
- Forum: Gameplay Help
- Topic: Artillery cleaning all chunks -> no more enemy?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1800
Re: Artillery cleaning all chunks -> no more enemy?
It does seem very much intended. It can happen on Nauvis too technically, but usually you have to do that deliberately. The main difficulty in normal play is distinguishing between unexplored and ungenerated chunks, but the debug setting makes for a decent way to check for it outside of editor mode ...
- Thu Sep 18, 2025 7:45 am
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Victory not achieved when reached Solar System Edge
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3592
Re: Victory not achieved when reached Solar System Edge
The player does not need to be present. At least, not back in December when I got the win, and I really doubt they would have changed it.
the End game achievement was not triggered.
If you're speaking specifically of the achievement, and since you were playing on a server: It's required that ...
the End game achievement was not triggered.
If you're speaking specifically of the achievement, and since you were playing on a server: It's required that ...
- Thu Sep 11, 2025 3:03 pm
- Forum: Gameplay Help
- Topic: Quality seeds
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2070
Re: Quality seeds
I do think the easiest thing by far is to just burn them. They're barely useful.
- Mon Aug 18, 2025 5:45 pm
- Forum: General discussion
- Topic: People who have just one save file...why?
- Replies: 34
- Views: 10056
Re: People who have just one save file...why?
I was taught to keep progressive saves of newer versions, just in case the newest save gets ruined somehow. It takes a bit more space, and eventually you might have to clean up and go delete some old ones, but I find it is very worthwhile. I think my Space Exploration playthrough saves ended up ...
- Mon Aug 04, 2025 6:34 pm
- Forum: Releases
- Topic: Version 2.0.63
- Replies: 3
- Views: 26695
Re: Version 2.0.63
Impressive pace indeed. Thanks again!