Search found 220 matches

by Khagan
Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:54 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #375 - Quality
Replies: 795
Views: 113020

Re: Friday Facts #375 - Quality

husnikadam wrote: ↑
Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:59 am
Here I have come up with suggestions which comply with the naming requirements:
[...]
What do you think?
Go and add your vote at
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=108777
by Khagan
Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:59 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #395 - Generic interrupts and Train stop priority
Replies: 134
Views: 13817

Re: Friday Facts #395 - Generic interrupts and Train stop priority

BaggyK wrote: ↑
Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:47 pm
FF #389 shows an example of an interrupt with the conditions "Destination full or No path"
OK, that could probably be used to skip.
by Khagan
Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:20 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #395 - Generic interrupts and Train stop priority
Replies: 134
Views: 13817

Re: Friday Facts #395 - Generic interrupts and Train stop priority

In your post, you've skipped over an important question: which kind of setup actually needs the old skipping behavior? If you have a use case, one that isn't solvable via queue limits or interrupts, please do tell. I currently use skipping for my ammunition supply train, in a way that certainly can...
by Khagan
Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:32 am
Forum: Gameplay Help
Topic: Efficiently tearing down logistics networks
Replies: 2
Views: 310

Re: Efficiently tearing down logistics networks

ehs wrote: ↑
Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:27 pm
I feel like there must be a better way, but haven't found one. Any suggestions?
Probably not quite what you are after, but once everything except the power poles and roboports is gone, you could finish with a quick visit from either your personal conbots or a spider.
by Khagan
Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:33 am
Forum: General discussion
Topic: That feeling when you overwrote a save
Replies: 13
Views: 1360

Re: That feeling when you overwrote a save

Viidi wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:22 pm
Looking for some sympathy...
Don't look for sympathy, look for a backup. And if you don't keep backups, you are at risk of much worse than loosing a game blueprint.
by Khagan
Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:30 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #389 - Train control improvements
Replies: 148
Views: 22730

Re: Friday Facts #389 - Train control improvements

This is all good stuff, and I look forward to having it in 2.0. But no sign of a fix to my single biggest QoL gripe with the current version, namely the inability to configure a sensible default behaviour for temporary train stops.
by Khagan
Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:51 am
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Article Series About Smooth Factory Function and Factory Optimization Techniques
Replies: 8
Views: 890

Re: Article Series About Smooth Factory Function and Factory Optimization Techniques

One thing you don't mention is the value of resources: how much is, say, one unit of iron ore worth in the ground? You have to mine it, there is no other way to get iron. True. Ore in the ground is worth nothing. False. A depleted patch of ore, that can no longer be mined, is worth nothing. A non-d...
by Khagan
Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:33 am
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Article Series About Smooth Factory Function and Factory Optimization Techniques
Replies: 8
Views: 890

Re: Article Series About Smooth Factory Function and Factory Optimization Techniques

Anyway here's the link to a folder with all the articles so far: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1G-ogarwaSEfp_JFCDxrdPlC4wEbExnSA?usp=sharing I have thought a couple of times about putting together something on the topic of pricing in Factorio (your part 3). Your approach is a little differ...
by Khagan
Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:23 am
Forum: Gameplay Help
Topic: How can people play without infinite resource mod?
Replies: 10
Views: 1381

Re: How can people play without infinite resource mod?

I can't imagine having to move all my mining fields , cables, trains, belts etc. every now and then when the ore patches inevitably run out. That's not fun or joyful at all, you play factorio for other reasons. So my question is, why? what am I missing? In my experience, once you get beyond the few...
by Khagan
Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:41 am
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #375 - Quality
Replies: 795
Views: 113020

Re: Friday Facts #375 - Quality

If you are, say filtering off, say, green and red circuits for making high grade modules, but it's early so you only expect +1 quality, but end up with some +2 or even +3 circuits. Would they be useless, or could you substitute them in? Up to you. Use them now, and sacrifice the extra level of qual...
by Khagan
Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:17 pm
Forum: Gameplay Help
Topic: Logic System/Circuit Network assistance for Chest content on Science pack
Replies: 6
Views: 534

Re: Logic System/Circuit Network assistance for Chest content on Science pack

However, the inserters do not care whether chemical and Military packs are on an even 50/50 split or if the chest is filled with Military pack and no chemical packs reach my labs. I thought I could use a wire to tell it to not load Military Science Packs once the chest has >/= to 4800 Packs, but I ...
by Khagan
Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:29 am
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #383 - Super force building
Replies: 171
Views: 26314

Re: Friday Facts #383 - Super force building

1-Super Forced Building Should 100% Fill in the Land Fill. Its Less annoying to remove unwanted then Fill in Tiny Holes everywhere. This is sufficiently absurd that it made me suspect sarcasm, but your other points seem genuine, so I suppose you are serious. Consider: Landfill costs resources. Plac...
by Khagan
Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:35 pm
Forum: Gameplay Help
Topic: Nuclear reactor strange power production
Replies: 36
Views: 3614

Re: Nuclear reactor strange power production: bug?

even with 2.0 you will need 2 blueprints, or even worse, all setups will break, since the super-force-mode removes landfill around pumps. If the pump mechanic does not change, you will need to overlandfill it again after placement, if it does, god help all current setups. This is my current pump se...
by Khagan
Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:16 am
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #382 - Logistic groups
Replies: 230
Views: 30939

Re: Friday Facts #382 - Logistic groups

kitters wrote: ↑
Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:38 pm
Rocket silo in a rocket is too much, but hundreds of chests insiade a chest is absolutely fine :lol:
It's called flat-pack :).
by Khagan
Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:15 am
Forum: Gameplay Help
Topic: What is the exact shape of a curved rail?
Replies: 39
Views: 3779

Re: What is the exact shape of a curved rail?

i would actually like a nice compact spline to exist that would match existing position functions as it would allow me to get rid of Math::sin and Math::cos usage. You can get a exact circular shape without cos and sin by using a rational quadratic spline. But the spline parameter is not proportion...
by Khagan
Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:00 pm
Forum: Gameplay Help
Topic: What is the exact shape of a curved rail?
Replies: 39
Views: 3779

Re: What is the exact shape of a curved rail?

mmmPI wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:33 pm
homogeneous coordinates is an unknown concept to me.
Welcome to the wonderful world of projective geometry!
by Khagan
Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:25 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #382 - Logistic groups
Replies: 230
Views: 30939

Re: Friday Facts #382 - Logistic groups

Dead2 wrote: ↑
Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:05 am
- Only one launch-pad per planet?
No, only one landing pad. As many launch pads (rocket silos) as you like.
by Khagan
Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:35 am
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #375 - Quality
Replies: 795
Views: 113020

Re: Friday Facts #375 - Quality

To me it feel like temporarily allocating your modules in a place that will not further boost your module producing ability as much as if you were to place them in the assembler 3 producing quality module ( of hopefully higher quality), which even that, i'm not sure it's THE faster ROI. I agree tha...
by Khagan
Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:04 am
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #375 - Quality
Replies: 795
Views: 113020

Re: Friday Facts #375 - Quality

To boot, high quality quality modules are nutty expensive, and best used where the most material possible will be moving through the smallest number of machines, which is the final assembling/recycling loop (in much the same way that productivity modules are best used first in the machine that the ...
by Khagan
Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:01 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #382 - Logistic groups
Replies: 230
Views: 30939

Re: Friday Facts #382 - Logistic groups

Very minor point but the rocket capacity is listed in the GUI as 1 ton. Ton is the imperial measurement (with several different possible values because yay imperial system). The metric measurement is a tonne (t). As you say, there are several different tons. One of which is, of course, the metric t...

Go to advanced search