Search found 209 matches

by Therenas
Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:22 am
Forum: Modding interface requests
Topic: Small documentation improvement requests
Replies: 136
Views: 11269

Re: Small documentation improvement requests

Silari is right in this case, I actually put that x/y line there myself pretty recently. The whole situation isn't great, it's on my list to come up with a better solution to it, but the underlying issue is that it's just inconsistently implemented in the APIs, sometimes it's one way, sometimes the ...
by Therenas
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:44 am
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.10.x] Trailer Mod
Replies: 14
Views: 14812

Re: [MOD 0.10.x] Trailer Mod

I attached the mod to this message for those that are interested. The script likely won't run though since it uses some non-release API calls. But the map should be able to be migrated step by step to a recent release.
by Therenas
Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:43 am
Forum: Mods
Topic: [MOD 0.17+] Factory Planner
Replies: 2
Views: 607

Re: [MOD 0.17+] Factory Planner

Hi, thanks for the very detailed report, appreciate it! I‘ll try to have a look soon.

Edit: I fixed this bug, more info on the mod portal.
by Therenas
Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:26 pm
Forum: Implemented mod requests
Topic: [Doc] JSON version of lua-api documentation
Replies: 12
Views: 1456

Re: [Doc] JSON version of lua-api documentation

That is great! Unfortunately not retroactive, but awesome fo the future. Can we have such a json output for prototype definitions as well (even though they are only in the wiki and mostly manually updated)? I'd have liked to make it work retroactively, but unfortunately getting this to work well re...
by Therenas
Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:01 am
Forum: Modding discussion
Topic: LuaSurface.request_path documentation
Replies: 7
Views: 296

Re: LuaSurface.request_path documentation

Appreciate all the feedback, I'll change the method description to lay out these nuances.
by Therenas
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:56 pm
Forum: Releases
Topic: Version 1.1.35
Replies: 13
Views: 16569

Re: Version 1.1.35

Added a machine-readable JSON format of the runtime documentation, which can be used by developer tools to provide code completion and related functionality. is this json schema and where can I find it so I can use it as a linter! Information about it can be found here , and support for code comple...
by Therenas
Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:44 am
Forum: Modding discussion
Topic: LuaEntity::get_recipe() subclasses
Replies: 6
Views: 412

Re: LuaEntity::get_recipe() subclasses

You're right, probably best to be explicit. Fixed for the next release.

The whole 'Can only be used if' system is kind of bad in general though, it's due for a re-do at some point I feel like.
by Therenas
Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:28 am
Forum: Modding discussion
Topic: LuaEntity::get_recipe() subclasses
Replies: 6
Views: 412

Re: LuaEntity::get_recipe() subclasses

Doesn't CraftingMachine already imply that?
by Therenas
Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:01 am
Forum: Modding discussion
Topic: LuaEntity::get_recipe() subclasses
Replies: 6
Views: 412

LuaEntity::get_recipe() subclasses

https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/LuaEntity.html#LuaEntity.get_recipe Works on a ghost of a crafting machine. Not sure if it is intentional or not (there is no other obvious way to check the recipe on a ghost), but it works. get_recipe() and previous_recipe don't do anything on a blueprint of a f...
by Therenas
Fri May 21, 2021 11:46 am
Forum: Modding help
Topic: What is the difference between discrete_slider and discrete_values in a LuaGuiElement slider?
Replies: 4
Views: 348

Re: What is the difference between discrete_slider and discrete_values in a LuaGuiElement slider?

From my testing, discrete_slider does not do anything at all, only the value of discrete_values matters. The solution is to remove it from the API, but as that's a breaking change, it's a bit more of a delicate affair. I'll see about that though. I noticed this a while ago, but documenting it as 'th...
by Therenas
Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:06 am
Forum: Already exists
Topic: LuaGuiElement{type="camera",entity=<follow this>}
Replies: 6
Views: 596

Re: LuaGuiElement{type="camera",entity=<follow this>}

I added a note hinting at this functionality to the docs for the next release.
by Therenas
Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:20 pm
Forum: Implemented mod requests
Topic: Ability to bring window to the front
Replies: 8
Views: 1074

Re: Ability to bring window to the front

This was added with 1.1.0
by Therenas
Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:51 am
Forum: Resolved Problems and Bugs
Topic: [Therenas][1.1.32] Documentation inconsistency: Is `player.gui.screen` a flow or empty-widget?
Replies: 1
Views: 440

Re: [Therenas][1.1.32] Documentation inconsistency: Is `player.gui.screen` a flow or empty-widget?

Thank you for the report. top, left, center and goal are indeed flows, while screen and relative are empty-widgets. The docs have been updated to reflect this for the next release.
by Therenas
Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:13 am
Forum: Implemented mod requests
Topic: [1.1.27] update can_place_entity to clarify newer defines in API pages
Replies: 1
Views: 314

Re: [1.1.27] update can_place_entity to clarify newer defines in API pages

Thanks for the report, this has been corrected for the next release.
by Therenas
Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:53 am
Forum: Resolved Problems and Bugs
Topic: [Therenas] Documentation error in LuaEntity.get_logistic_point
Replies: 1
Views: 424

Re: [Therenas]Documentation error in LuaEntity.get_logistic_point

Thanks for the report, this has been rectified for the next release.
by Therenas
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:31 am
Forum: Resolved Problems and Bugs
Topic: [Therenas][1.1.32] on_cutscene_cancelled() not called when cutscene finishes on its own
Replies: 1
Views: 498

Re: [Therenas][1.1.32] on_cutscene_cancelled() not called when cutscene finishes on its own

Thanks for the report. This is not actually a bug, but a mistake in the documentation, which is fixed for the next version. I added the 'on its own' part recently because that's how the vanilla freeplay cutscene behaves, so I mistakenly assumed this is the default behaviour. Looking into it again, I...
by Therenas
Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:44 am
Forum: Resolved Problems and Bugs
Topic: [Therenas] [1.1.32] Documentation Inconsistency
Replies: 1
Views: 472

Re: [Therenas] [1.1.32] Documentation Inconsistency

Thanks a lot for the report, both points have been addressed for the next release.
by Therenas
Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:41 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Alt-F4 #15 - Investigating 1.1
Replies: 2
Views: 912

Re: Alt-F4 #15 - Investigating 1.1

Hi, author here, glad you enjoyed it! Regarding your question, the measurements were run on a i5-8600k@4.8 GHz, with memory clocked at 2133MHz. I want to emphasize again though that the results are not very precise, and are only intended to show the general trend of the improvements. Regarding scali...

Go to advanced search