Search found 48 matches

by Xuhybrid
Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:09 pm
Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
Topic: [0.17.x] Console command to unlock Research Queue
Replies: 10
Views: 1681

Re: [0.17.x] Console command to unlock Research Queue

SuperSandro2000 wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:28 am
or for now use this mod https://mods.factorio.com/mod/romulinho ... alwaystrue
Especially great for converted maps from 0.16 with mods.
Nice. Does this just override the setting while installed or does it update the map setting permanently?
by Xuhybrid
Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:00 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #284 - 0.17 experimental
Replies: 190
Views: 29841

Re: Friday Facts #284 - 0.17 experimental

Koub wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:29 pm
I haven't had the chance to test by myself, but I understand current 0.17 experience does not match what I described above, does it ?
Nope, but as i understand it, it's not complete. With that said, i'll still argue alongside you with anyone trying to defend it in it's current state.
by Xuhybrid
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:15 pm
Forum: Ideas and Suggestions
Topic: [0.17.x] Console command to unlock Research Queue
Replies: 10
Views: 1681

When can we get a command for unlocking research queue?

When can we get a command for unlocking research queue? Sure we can use this but also disable achievements. That defeats the whole point. /c game.player.force.research_queue_enabled = true How about something like the one for copy/paste/blueprints? /unlock-shortcut-bar /toggle-research-queue Or bett...
by Xuhybrid
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:17 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #284 - 0.17 experimental
Replies: 190
Views: 29841

Re: Friday Facts #284 - 0.17 experimental

is there enough info for a new player to guess what a "strong enough" defense is? If he overdoes the defense, would he fail? I've raised that issue as a suggestion, because I was unclear about it myself. What does "strong enough" actually mean ? I feel like it's okay to guess to...
by Xuhybrid
Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:20 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #284 - 0.17 experimental
Replies: 190
Views: 29841

Re: Friday Facts #284 - 0.17 experimental

Potential buyers are supposed to magically guess I'll just leave this here. defenses.png Haven't played the scenario yet, but is there enough info for a new player to guess what a "strong enough" defense is? If he overdoes the defense, would he fail? It requires you to product x per minut...
by Xuhybrid
Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:16 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #284 - 0.17 experimental
Replies: 190
Views: 29841

Re: Friday Facts #284 - 0.17 experimental

Dynamic difficulty is hard to get right and I think everyone needs to remember that this is aiming at something good and probably not missing by much. The tutorial must apply production pressure in order to teach the thing it's trying to teach, and it can't do that predictably if it doesn't increas...
by Xuhybrid
Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:53 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: How many main bus lines do you generally use?
Replies: 41
Views: 21016

Re: How many main bus lines do you generally use?

4 iron, 4 copper, 4 green circuit, 1 coal, 1 stone, 1 brick, 1 steel
2 plastic, 2 battery, 2 red circuit, 2 blue circuit
by Xuhybrid
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:01 am
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #284 - 0.17 experimental
Replies: 190
Views: 29841

Re: Friday Facts #284 - 0.17 experimental

5thHorseman wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:00 am
CDarklock and I were discussing biters in general there.
Ah that's fair. I assumed it was about the campaign.
by Xuhybrid
Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:53 am
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #284 - 0.17 experimental
Replies: 190
Views: 29841

Re: Friday Facts #284 - 0.17 experimental

CDarklock wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:08 pm
Light wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:04 pm
My 9 year old brother also aced the campaign
Oh man, if that doesn't shame the people complaining it's too hard, I don't know what will. :D
Shame? It's intentionally designed to punish people for playing well according to the devs.
by Xuhybrid
Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:46 am
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #284 - 0.17 experimental
Replies: 190
Views: 29841

Re: Friday Facts #284 - 0.17 experimental

Yeah if people are complaining that you can't take out spitters with a pistol and yellow ammo well I can't speak on that. I think the complaint is more "they show up before I have a chance to get more than that." Which is really a complaint of "my pollution is entirely out of control...
by Xuhybrid
Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:56 pm
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Not pleased with 17.1 so far...
Replies: 65
Views: 8122

Re: Not pleased with 17.1 so far...

Been here a while. Played thousands of hours. Not a fan of 17 at all so far. Bear in mind that I went into it knowing only "this is now possible", not playing through hours of tutorials and googling. First, it messed with the gui scaling so I was squinting at text and had to reset the gui...
by Xuhybrid
Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:51 am
Forum: General discussion
Topic: Not pleased with 17.1 so far...
Replies: 65
Views: 8122

Re: Not pleased with 17.1 so far...

I've always played the game using Efficiency modules after unlocking plastic. My pollution cloud barely moves out of my factory. I wonder how this works in 17. You can modify all the pollution and biter options when starting a world. Playing on a rail world disables biter expansion.
by Xuhybrid
Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:37 am
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #284 - 0.17 experimental
Replies: 190
Views: 29841

Re: Friday Facts #284 - 0.17 experimental

[...] If you think a very experienced player should be failing in the tutorial campaign, you're a fuckin moron. I think you went a bit overboard there :roll:. It's only a experimental release, prone to plenty of tweaks still. It's good to get feedback of people liking it and people that don't, but ...
by Xuhybrid
Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:59 am
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #284 - 0.17 experimental
Replies: 190
Views: 29841

Re: Friday Facts #284 - 0.17 experimental

For someone like me who has beaten the game and played many, many hours. The biters are too hard. It's 30 biters every 5-10 seconds on both sides at the same time. That's WITH walls which i know how to build, which the game doesn't even mention. If you think a very experienced player should be faili...
by Xuhybrid
Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:58 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #275 - 0.17 Science changes
Replies: 480
Views: 72516

Re: Friday Facts #275 - 0.17 Science changes

The only thing i disagree with is the Production science pack recipe. Why are you forcing me to make 30 of any item per pack (with a stone requirement as well...)? Do you understand how long it's going to take to load? Also, why are you forcing me to make production modules? At least it's only Produ...
by Xuhybrid
Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:24 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #254 - No research queue for you
Replies: 223
Views: 42829

Re: Friday Facts #254 - No research queue for you

Why would you need to kill the queue? You didn't give a valid reason at all.

What about a version of the queue that allows me to pick Oil processing at the start of a brand new game, and the game just picks the next research in line until it has all the requirements?
by Xuhybrid
Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:20 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #229 - Taiwan report & Lamp staggering
Replies: 45
Views: 14184

Re: Friday Facts #229 - Taiwan report & Lamp staggering

I hate the lamp staggering. Leave it gone.
by Xuhybrid
Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:02 am
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #225 - Bots versus belts (part 2)
Replies: 1016
Views: 199744

Re: Friday Facts #225 - Bots versus belts (part 2)

After reading several posts, and giving it some thought. I believe that no matter what you do about bots your gonna draw the ire of the bot lovers. They are powerful. As far as belts are concerned. I think that the biggest point of contention is getting material down the bus from its point of origi...
by Xuhybrid
Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:15 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #225 - Bots versus belts (part 2)
Replies: 1016
Views: 199744

Re: Friday Facts #225 - Bots versus belts (part 2)

Anyone who took the last FFF seriously clearly didn't bother reading it because it was very clear it wasn't a real plan. Reminds me of those people who only read the headline of an article and run with it. Oh wait, that's most people.
by Xuhybrid
Tue May 23, 2017 3:11 am
Forum: News
Topic: Friday Facts #191 - Gui improvements
Replies: 380
Views: 86615

Re: Friday Facts #191 - Gui improvements

These is a lot of good choices in UI design. I am proud of you. It's not change for change's sake. This is necessary imo.

Go to advanced search